Dave Herman: "They did actually force me to give them some naked pics"

Not as funny as knowing so many people in America readily accept that the police can do whatever the fuck they like with you, and you should be grateful that any encounter with them that doesnt end up with you in a cell having been brutalised, is a positive experience.

what have they done to you lot over there? Jesus wept.

Grow up.

Fuck_270f3c_2095520.gif

Where is this from?

Not as funny as knowing so many people in America readily accept that the police can do whatever the fuck they like with you, and you should be grateful that any encounter with them that doesnt end up with you in a cell having been brutalised, is a positive experience.

Grow up

His post said nothing of that sort. You're disregard of this fact makes you're post a perfect example of one of those "fuck the police' idiots who mindlessly instigates shit for no reason."

I didn't realize that calmly walking up to police officers and asking them for identification is an act of hostility and aggression.

I dont doubt it. He was acting like a bitch.

Personally I am not scared of people with authority.

In fact I am a bit of a hippy and generally believe in the best in all people, this outlook in life has resulted in me floating through life with little stress, worry or negative consequence. Strange as it may seem I have not been persecuted at every turn by people trying to opress me and take away my rights.

In fact the only negative interaction I have had with any cop is when I was very clearly doing something I shouldn't have been doing. Usually it results in a punishment well under half that of what they could issue if they felt like it.

Maybe this would change if I told them I know my rights, ignored their pretty reasonable instructions and demanded they complied to laws I made up.

Guys like this remind me of militant feminists, just out there looking to get offended at every turn.

That was so not brutal. It was a love tap

People die all the time from having their skull slammed into concrete. Instant brain swelling which can lead to brain damage or death is pretty simple to achieve.

Lol, you sound like an occupier. I dunno why you think it the police's job to change the laws. Society needs to do that.

You're judging every cop off of the actions a select few minority. And the police dont make the laws, they just enforce them, if you disagree with a law its not the cops fault. Its like if you worked at the Gap and a customer disagreed with the price for something, you didn't make the price and it wouldn't be in the customers rights to treat you like shit.

But that's my point, law enforcement is part of the problem because they have long been a hindrance to getting drug laws changed. Rather than support the change that the majority of Americans want, they perpetuate the current system and then wonder why people don't like them.

The idea that police officers are absolved from right and wrong because, "they don't make the laws, they just enforce them" is absolutely ridiculous and is nothing like your Gap analogy. Its more like saying the mass killing of innocent civilians by solders is perfectly ok because they are just "following orders." Or police officers during the civil rights era who arrested black people for simply drinking from a "white water fountain" or wanting to eat at a "white only restaurant" is absolved from their actions because at the time those things were "against the law."

Sorry but police officers are not mindless automatons who are incapable of critical thinking and making distinctions between real violent crimes and non violent just behavior. And no I'm not just, "judging every cop off the actions of just a few" when ALL cops are violently abusing the rights and freedoms of American citizens by wrongly harassing them, kidnapping and throwing them into a cage, beating them and or killing them as a result of possessing harmless plants that grow naturally in nature.

Again, to reiterate my point, over 80% of the prison population consist of non-violent drug offenses, so it not just a "few bad apples" but its ALL cops who engage in this perpetual anti-freedom and violent system of law enforcement.

Its not to say that I don't respect the brave actions of police officers when they do protect the innocent from the psychopaths of the world, however in this current system that hasn't been their main purpose.

The police are force and when force is used unnecessarily repeatedly for decades (often resulting in injury or death) it begs question and challenge.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Voltaire
It is a good quote but not one that should be applied universally in almost a bigotted manner. This isnt a houseslave mentality. If you want to rally against abuse of power by police or any other authority I applaud the effort. But when you use it to defend idiots trying to make an already difficult job (police) even harder for no reason then it loses its credibility. If someone steals your stuff or is trying to break into your home or you are being chased by six guys you will be the first to speed-dial those "chains" by way of 9-1-1. Not all cops are dirty and even some of the dirty ones arent all dirty. Anarchy isnt much of a solution. We need law and order...just better law and order. From both sides. Herman was acting like a clown.

But that's my point, law enforcement is part of the problem because they have long been a hindrance to getting drug laws changed. Rather than support the change that the majority of Americans want, they perpetuate the current system and then wonder why people don't like them.

The idea that police officers are absolved from right and wrong because, "they don't make the laws, they just enforce them" is absolutely ridiculous and is nothing like your Gap analogy." Or police officers during the civil rights era who arrested black people for simply drinking from a "white water fountain" or wanting to eat at a "white only restaurant" is absolved from their actions because at the time those things were "against the law."
Cops cant decide to just ignore illegal drug activity for the most part. And they have no say in what the laws are or who is prosecuted. It isnt a case of moral discretion. Drugs need to be decriminalized and that is a complaint for the legislators.

Cops cant decide to just ignore illegal drug activity for the most part. And they have no say in what the laws are or who is prosecuted. It isnt a case of moral discretion. Drugs need to be decriminalized and that is a complaint for the legislators.

Why not though? The cops have much more power than the legislators themselves, and they should be smart enough to recognize that fact and use it. If police officers decided to come together and say, we are no longer arresting people for non-violent drug offenses because they are anti-freedom and violate human rights, then what are the politicians in Washington going to do?

And at what point is it ok for us to call a thug a thug? I mean if you get brutally beat up and have violent force used against you, are kidnapped, and thrown into a cage against your will for simply having a plant in your pocket is that not a gross violation of human rights? Is that not the actions of a violent psychopathic thug? Should citizens not call police officers out on their crimes because, "they're just following orders," or they're just "enforcing the laws?"

Wrong is wrong no matter who you are, and if you're able to justify committing wrongs simply because you are a "representative of the state" then that is the product of a Gestapo state, not a free one and something needs to be done about it.

They made him lift up his shirt? he's a guy; topless is not naked for a male. even if he didn't pose and fight topless on national television that would be very flimsy :icon_lol:

Why not though? The cops have much more power than the legislators themselves, and they should be smart enough to recognize that fact and use it....Should citizens not call police officers out on their crimes because, "they're just following orders," or they're just "enforcing the laws?"
Enforcing drug laws isnt a crime. You really want to set a precedent of the police getting to decide the laws? That would be the opposite of what you should want if you feel too many already abuse their power. And you cant just negate the will of the people or their votes because of where you land on one issue. Thats short-sighted. Absolutely call them out on their crimes. This isnt that. And what if a cop feels raping a woman who was flirtatious shouldnt be a crime? He should have the power to ignore it? What citizens should decide which laws the cops should enforce? I thought it was all of them? We already have a process for that. Why give up the power of vote?

Yes. I remember kinda being interested in him when he was a prospect in Elite XC and crushed a couple decent fighters. Then he started talking, uh oh.. Odd character. He could have been much better in MMA with more actual training/coaching.

he seems like the sort that would be hard to coach.

Back