Dave Herman: "They did actually force me to give them some naked pics"

Enlighten me, what is it that the police do exactly? In theory they are suppose to serve and protect the communities they are apart of, but in reality all that they do is harass and fine. They are revenue collectors for the state and hired guns. Sure they may occasionally pull over a drunk driver every once in a while (which is a great service, thank you) but they spend the majority of the time acting as thugs putting people behind bars and or killing them because of antiquated drug laws. Literally, kidnapping and throwing other human beings in a cage or killing them for simply having possession of something that grows from the ground or is a product of something that grows from the ground. More than 80% of people that are incarcerated are in jail for non-violent drug offenses. We have the highest number of people in jail per capita than anywhere else in the world and yet we are suppose to have the freest country in the world. How does that figure? We have a giant prison/industrial complex where big business literally feeds off of throwing people in jail. Do you think the police aren't complicit in that?

If police officers were smart, they'd use their lobbying power to come together and end all drug laws so that they'd be free from having to aggressively harass people for things that are really none of their or the state's business. At that point the police could go back to being polite human beings truly capable of serving and protecting. At this point they just collect money using the barrel of a gun.

If you ever get robbed or are in an emergency don't call the police call some of your junkie buddies.

I can't be bothered to find the source, but I think she was caught shoplifting and walked out of the store.

I will say that was an extreme way to handle the situation but had she not shoplifted problem avoided.

Let's see - you're a cop. You're following a car speeding with no lights on. You put on the flashers, and the car doesn't pull over for 3 miles. When it does, large (about 245 in the ring, probably 250+ when not in camp) muscular, and agitated guy exits the car, approaches you, and ignores your commands to stop. They responded with appropriate force.

Cops never know what they're going to face on a stop - particularly when someone exits the car. There are bad cops, but for the most part, these guys have bigger cojones than anyone on this forum.

As for needing "3 forms of ID": How about the police car, the badges, and the uniforms? What an idiot.
'
Chris Rock has a video that Herman needs to watch. He's not the original audience for the video, but I think he coul pick up some pointers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5-rnl2dU3_k

This guy is delusional I feel bad for his kid

If you ever get robbed or are in an emergency don't call the police call some of your junkie buddies.

Good idea. Police might shoot him if he doesn't bend over for them.

When I got arrested thay made all of us
Get buck necked to search us even did
Cavity searches it normal right?

He was following the driving laws going to the next rest area. That is not a reason for police to pull him over. What if his car trouble wouldn't allow him to get going again?

If his car broke down the police could have called a tow truck for him. It actually seems pretty convenient, if you ask me.

Herman's a moron and so is his wife. It would be far more amusing if there weren't so many meatheads on here who completely agreed with the nonsense he was spewing.

I have not watched the Dave Herman think, but this is completely possible. I don't hate police or am part of any anti-law enforcement movement or stupid twitter campaign. But something like this is very possible & I have some personal experience with it.

This is all actually happened & would take forever to describe, so I will try to make it short:
I was pulled over by an Officer, about 4 years ago, for forgetting to turn on my lights. I had been driving for less than 1 block & had pulled out of the same lot as his patrol car. I was actually aware of this & eating while watching his car, in the same lot.

As soon as his sirens were on, I immediately remembered they were off. So I turned them on & took the nearest left turn to pull over. The standard stuff took place, which I cooperated with everything, but I didn't consent to a search of my truck. They did a breathalyzer & field sobriety test. I almost never drink & do not drive high, so it was surprising when they put me under arrest during the portion of the test where they ask you to track a light with your eyes. I do take medication, but had for many years.

They kept trying to get me into conversations with them & I kept repeating that I did not want to speak without a lawyer present. The persisted for several hours doing this & finally stopped asking me. They did other things as well, which I wont describe as its not relevant.

***While they were printing me at the station, they asked me to remove my clothes, but not my underwear. I did this & they took pictures of me & then allowed me my clothes back. I worked out a lot & had just done so previous to the arrest, before going to get some food.***

There was also a young woman(who seemed fairly attractive) of similar age to me, that appeared either extremely distressed or drunk that was brought in after me. They did not use the same procedure & she was allowed her phone call, much quicker & allowed to leave much quicker(30-40 minutes) vs. most of the night, in my case. All the officers were male that I encountered & the same for her while we were there.

I ended up going to court 22x for this & my lawyer was confident of victory, but they delayed the Prosecution delayed the case for 1.5+ years & I just kept resigning & resigning to show up over & over. I eventually signed a deal of 3rd degree Negligent driving, because they could not get a court date where they could all show up.

This all happened & I have no idea whether they still have those pictures or what happened to them..

Lots of cops are closet gays. They have your pics up in the change-room and on the inside of the bathroom stalls (each of them). (You said you work out right?)

Right, because the police are infallible and never do anything wrong ever. They should be worshiped, and anyone who questions their authority is anti-American.

Just ask this lady.

Fuck_270f3c_2095520.gif

That wasn't police brutality. That was his girlfriend. :cool:

further proof herman and his wife being horrible parents and idiots purposly putting their child in as much danger as possible for their stupid political, anti cop agenda.
only to have it backfire on them.

Enlighten me, what is it that the police do exactly? In theory they are suppose to serve and protect the communities they are apart of, but in reality all that they do is harass and fine. They are revenue collectors for the state and hired guns. Sure they may occasionally pull over a drunk driver every once in a while (which is a great service, thank you) but they spend the majority of the time acting as thugs putting people behind bars and or killing them because of antiquated drug laws. Literally, kidnapping and throwing other human beings in a cage or killing them for simply having possession of something that grows from the ground or is a product of something that grows from the ground. More than 80% of people that are incarcerated are in jail for non-violent drug offenses. We have the highest number of people in jail per capita than anywhere else in the world and yet we are suppose to have the freest country in the world. How does that figure? We have a giant prison/industrial complex where big business literally feeds off of throwing people in jail. Do you think the police aren't complicit in that?

If police officers were smart, they'd use their lobbying power to come together and end all drug laws so that they'd be free from having to aggressively harass people for things that are really none of their or the state's business. At that point the police could go back to being polite human beings truly capable of serving and protecting. At this point they just collect money using the barrel of a gun.

This is what it looks like when someone doesn't have any real problems, they create a narrative in their head that is much more serious than the reality of the situation. Putting people in jail for pot is wrong, but the rest of your post is very out of touch. Instead of just reading all the negative shit you can find and stewing over it, go outside and take a part in the community. It will give you a much more realistic perspective on the matter.

Bad cops do bad things and that is NOT OK. But succumbing to this 'us vs. the cops' hysteria does nothing to improve the situation. It serves only to further the divide people and promote further tension. When people want to antagonize and embellish these situations, the only thing they are doing is cheapening instances when abuse actually occurs.

The police officers wanted to see where he got tased. They were documenting the extent of his injuries. What are your thoughts? He is a MMA fighter and fights shirtless all of the time. This is an overreaction IMO.

dave-herman-5-1_crop_north.jpg

lol the pic is perfect

Right, because the police are infallible and never do anything wrong ever. They should be worshiped, and anyone who questions their authority is anti-American.

Just ask this lady.

His post said nothing of that sort. You're disregard of this fact makes you're post a perfect example of one of those "fuck the police' idiots who mindlessly instigates shit for no reason."

The police are force and when force is used unnecessarily repeatedly for decades (often resulting in injury or death) it begs question and challenge.

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere."
Voltaire

The more Herman speaks the more I think he's just one of those "fuck the police" idiots who mindlessly instigates shit for no reason.

This. Seems to go out of his way to make every situation as difficult as possible.

The funniest thing is he thinks others will be upset about how he was treated.

Not as funny as knowing so many people in America readily accept that the police can do whatever the fuck they like with you, and you should be grateful that any encounter with them that doesnt end up with you in a cell having been brutalised, is a positive experience.

what have they done to you lot over there? Jesus wept.

Back