Dave Herman: "They did actually force me to give them some naked pics"

No, it's Arianny.

Basketball-reaction-disappoint.gif

The police officers wanted to see where he got tased. They were documenting the extent of his injuries. What are your thoughts? He is a MMA fighter and fights shirtless all of the time. This is an overreaction IMO.

dave-herman-5-1_crop_north.jpg

Ok, he gets paid through contract (that he voluntarily agreed to in writing) to fight with his shirt off.

If he doesnt consent to take his shirt off for anyone else at any time for any reason he shouldnt have to, especially not over a situation that started simply bc he was driving with his hazard lights on ffs.

Sherdog is truly a bastion for dim witted bootlicking modern day torries.

Don't worry Dave, you're not Beiber, they won't get leaked online.

So we're shitting on Herman now for complaining that police officers failed, over and over, to produce proper identification? As required by law? Aren't police officers required to you know... follow the law? 'Murica - Land of the free... to do as we tell you.

You mean after driving away from them for a couple of miles without stopping and then getting out of the vehicle and getting closer to the police while behaving in a weird way?

Also I guess a police patrol car, uniforms and badges weren't enough to identify them as police officers.

Do people nit understand the police needed to take photos of his injuries? And I love how Dave tells it as them making him get naked...but oh wait he just had to lift his shirt up...which is somehow offensive to the guy despite not having tits and fighting without a shirt...

He's just setting up a lawsuit. I could see if these were plain clothes officers in an unmarked car, but really? Both him and his wife are nuts.

Lol, lifting his shirt is "naked pics". This guy had it coming.

The more Herman speaks the more I think he's just one of those "fuck the police" idiots who mindlessly instigates shit for no reason.

Right, because the police are infallible and never do anything wrong ever. They should be worshiped, and anyone who questions their authority is anti-American.

Just ask this lady.

Fuck_270f3c_2095520.gif

Right, because the police are infallible and never do anything wrong ever. They should be worshiped, and anyone who questions their authority is anti-American.

Just ask this lady.

Fuck_270f3c_2095520.gif

Lol. Right, because the police are all pieces of shit and never do anything right ever. They should be hated, and anyone who doesn't question their authority is anti-American.

Lol. Right, because the police are all pieces of shit and never do anything right ever. They should be hated, and anyone who doesn't question their authority is anti-American.

Enlighten me, what is it that the police do exactly? In theory they are suppose to serve and protect the communities they are apart of, but in reality all that they do is harass and fine. They are revenue collectors for the state and hired guns. Sure they may occasionally pull over a drunk driver every once in a while (which is a great service, thank you) but they spend the majority of the time acting as thugs putting people behind bars and or killing them because of antiquated drug laws. Literally, kidnapping and throwing other human beings in a cage or killing them for simply having possession of something that grows from the ground or is a product of something that grows from the ground. More than 80% of people that are incarcerated are in jail for non-violent drug offenses. We have the highest number of people in jail per capita than anywhere else in the world and yet we are suppose to have the freest country in the world. How does that figure? We have a giant prison/industrial complex where big business literally feeds off of throwing people in jail. Do you think the police aren't complicit in that?

If police officers were smart, they'd use their lobbying power to come together and end all drug laws so that they'd be free from having to aggressively harass people for things that are really none of their or the state's business. At that point the police could go back to being polite human beings truly capable of serving and protecting. At this point they just collect money using the barrel of a gun.

At first I had some sympathy for this guy and his family, but not anymore. Having the police pull up your shirt to take a picture of an injury isn't a "naked pic", and being hostile towards police officers because they can't show you 3 different I.D's is pretty stupid too.

This whole situation would have been averted if they would've just complied. On the other hand though, if there is a rule about police showing 3 different I.D.'s, then they should carry them on them and be prepared to show them. They also shouldn't get upset if citizens ask either.

If police officers were smart, they'd use their lobbying power to come together and end all drug laws so that they'd be free from having to aggressively harass people for things that are really none of their or the state's business.

Lol, you sound like an occupier. I dunno why you think it the police's job to change the laws. Society needs to do that.

Enlighten me, what is it that the police do exactly? In theory they are suppose to serve and protect the communities they are apart of, but in reality all that they do is harass and fine. They are revenue collectors for the state and hired guns. Sure they may occasionally pull over a drunk driver every once in a while (which is a great service, thank you) but they spend the majority of the time acting as thugs putting people behind bars and or killing them because of antiquated drug laws. Literally, kidnapping and throwing other human beings in a cage or killing them for simply having possession of something that grows from the ground or is a product of something that grows from the ground. More than 80% of people that are incarcerated are in jail for non-violent drug offenses. We have the highest number of people in jail per capita than anywhere else in the world and yet we are suppose to have the freest country in the world. How does that figure? We have a giant prison/industrial complex where big business literally feeds off of throwing people in jail. Do you think the police aren't complicit in that?

If police officers were smart, they'd use their lobbying power to come together and end all drug laws so that they'd be free from having to aggressively harass people for things that are really none of their or the state's business. At that point the police could go back to being polite human beings truly capable of serving and protecting. At this point they just collect money using the barrel of a gun.

You're judging every cop off of the actions a select few minority. And the police dont make the laws, they just enforce them, if you disagree with a law its not the cops fault. Its like if you worked at the Gap and a customer disagreed with the price for something, you didn't make the price and it wouldn't be in the customers rights to treat you like shit.

"They actually do some modest pictures of taser wounds on my body for evidence purposes" - shut the fuck up Herman. You got tased by psychopathic paranoid militaristic US police because you behaved in a way calculated to get tased. The police response may have been inappropriate (in any other country) but is exactly what you could expect in the USA. If a Waffen SS soldier was pointing a gun at me in 1944 and telling me hande hoch, I'd fucking hande hoche very quickly and not ask his unit number.

Having your picture taken after this assault would happen in ANY country for reasons you are to obstinant (as proved by your behaviour) to understand.

You want turkeys to legislate for Thanksgiving?

Getting rid of drugs laws means:
a) firing a shit load of police officers (much less crime);
b) losing the sweet civil confiscation money - which goes straight to the police.

You also want SWAT team play-soldiers from Butttuck, Iowa, to give up their shiny MP5s and tanks because they actually don't need them? Get real.

At first I had some sympathy for this guy and his family, but not anymore. Having the police pull up your shirt to take a picture of an injury isn't a "naked pic", and being hostile towards police officers because they can't show you 3 different I.D's is pretty stupid too.

This whole situation would have been averted if they would've just complied. On the other hand though, if there is a rule about police showing 3 different I.D.'s, then they should carry them on them and be prepared to show them. They also shouldn't get upset if citizens ask either.

Same. I was ardently defending him when the news broke, but the more he speaks, the more I'm getting the impression that he wanted a confrontation with police.

There isn't a "3 ID's" law anywhere, as far as I can tell. But in some states, the police are obligated to identify themselves.

I'm still not cool with how the police handled the situation, but DH is just making it worse for himself now.

Just ask this lady.

Fuck_270f3c_2095520.gif

No but Herman was acting like an asshat and the shirt thing is ridiculous and that gif is crazy where's that from?

No but Herman was acting like an asshat and the shirt thing is ridiculous and that gif is crazy where's that from?

I can't be bothered to find the source, but I think she was caught shoplifting and walked out of the store.

Back