Dave Herman: "They did actually force me to give them some naked pics"

You take his back and get accused of rape.

lol. yeah, that and he seems to have trouble with authority generally, which sometimes makes a guy uncoachable.

It is a good quote but not one that should be applied universally in almost a bigotted manner. This isnt a houseslave mentality. If you want to rally against abuse of power by police or any other authority I applaud the effort. But when you use it to defend idiots trying to make an already difficult job (police) even harder for no reason then it loses its credibility. If someone steals your stuff or is trying to break into your home or you are being chased by six guys you will be the first to speed-dial those "chains" by way of 9-1-1. Not all cops are dirty and even some of the dirty ones arent all dirty. Anarchy isnt much of a solution. We need law and order...just better law and order. From both sides. Herman was acting like a clown.

And how do you propose we get "better law and order" when the "dirty" enforcers of law and order regularly and blatantly overstep their supposed bounds (exactly as youve described above in instances) and damage property, injure or kill when its unnecessary? Sit quietly and dont talk back like a scared, abused mousewife?

I personally believe in "no victim, no crime." Who (or who's property) exactly did herman harm? Answer: no one. In fact, the only person harmed here was him bc he dared to question the police.

Back