Dave Herman: The police treated me like a dog

It's not necessarily correct but it's very wide spread practice of acknowledging an officer by turning on the emergencies and pulling over at a safe area. Many cops complain about it because they don't know what the person's doing(if they have a gun etc) but it's very common.

3 miles is excessive. At that point, instead of a traffic stop its now a car chase

It's not necessarily correct but it's very wide spread practice of acknowledging an officer by turning on the emergencies and pulling over at a safe area. Many cops complain about it because they don't know what the person's doing(if they have a gun etc) but it's very common.

Slowing down and showing brake lights maybe, putting on flashers is something I have never seen in decades of driving, once stopped fine. This was some cooked up BS by Herman and the Mrs, the whole 3 ID thing, taping etc. Now they are playing the child in vehicle BS, if they were so worried about it why didn't he comply and carry on. If you paste a bullseye on your chest someone just may hit it.

Herman is outraged at the way he was treated. "They were screaming and threatening my life," he said in a recent interview. "There's no reason I should be treated like a dog. I'm a human being. I'm a person. I have feelings, too. I have a right to know who these people are."

Herman contends that he was just "trying to communicate with the officers" when he exited his vehicle and requested to see their identification. The police didn't see it that way.

"I literally did it by the book," Herman continued. "Like, that's what you're supposed to do and I'm being charged."

So, do you think Herman is being fair with his assessment of "being treated like a dog"?

Your thoughts?

Mr. Herman now you know what DWB feels like. DWB=Driving While Black

He drove three fucking miles with the cops behind him before pulling over, then exited his vehicle immediately afterwards and began approaching and making demands of the officers. I'm pretty sure he did more than enough to deserve it.

OK, let's say Herman deserved the tazer jolt.

What about afterwards when the cops charged him with "battery of an officer"?,,, This is one of the charges the wife said the cops gave him. Does he deserve this? From watching the wife's video does it look like this happened?

Any bozo can get police cars, uniforms and 2 sets of ID just to harass people on the road. Getting that third set of ID is hard though.

Its not that easy, an old interceptor outfitted with lights and paint is going to cost thousands. There's also severe penalties for impersonating a police officer. Its far less common than wackos like Herman are led to believe.

OK, let's say Herman deserved the tazer jolt.

What about afterwards when the cops charged him with "battery of an officer"?,,, This is one of the charges the wife said the cops gave him. Does he deserve this? From watching the wife's video does it look like this happened?

She said something about that charge being automatic the moment a taser is used. If she's telling the truth (I'm not familiar with that "rule"), that's the only thing out of this whole situation that I really disagree with because it just seems silly.

He and his wife didn't want a bunch of aggro-cops scaring their kid who was in the back seat.

My wife and I were pulled over with our 7 month old in the car one time. Weird to think, but she doesn't suffer any stress related mental health problems because of it. The officer even smiled at her:eek:

he felt salty and emasculated when he got lit up and tried pulling an alpha stunt like a typical insecure jock and got his ass tazed, probably seized up like a chump in front of his wife and kid. hand over your license and own up to your shitty driving, avoid getting bitched out by the law in front of your loved ones. fake martyrs

He shouldn't have approached them in such an aggressive manner.

I am as white as Dave Herman. Likely whiter. I'm an Irish/Finnish combo, so essentially LED.

Since you're going to go there...

This is why situations like this (where some idiot actually provokes/ignores/fights with police) piss me off so much...because they overshadow the you know, actual bouts of injustice.

I've said this in this and the other thread...what was genius "standing up for?" Why couldn't he have sat in his car (like regular, sane people do), and not be confrontational? Why the big show? Why the demands? Why the non-compliance?

Functioning adults realize that if you challenge or fight with police, it could go poorly for you...regardless of ethnicity.

ever been to finland ? thoughts on makwan?

That's not true.

Even a dog would know to pull the fuck over rather than drive an additional 3 miles.

it's smart to pull over in a well lit populated area even if it takes a few miles. There are plenty of imposter cops out there robbing and raping

it's smart to pull over in a well lit populated area even if it takes a few miles. There are plenty of imposter cops out there robbing and raping

Finally. I'm not the only one who's payed attention to these stories.

To drive towards a well lit spot with cameras.
Stepping out as he had an infant in his car - much safer as he was the target to go away from the infant

3 miles away.
Miles.
3 miles.
And he was the "target"? What are you talking a about?
He got signaled to pull over by what was obviously the police.
Having an infant is irrelevant.
He needed to pull over. And he had literally no reason or justification to get out of the car. That is not how it works here. You stay in the car until the police tell you to exit the vehicle, if they ever do.

What's more like? You run for 3 miles jump out of your car and a real cop hurts you because they think you are trying to hurt them after evading police. Or a fake cop robs you after pulling over and staying in the car with your license ready.

My wife and I were pulled over with our 7 month old in the car one time. Weird to think, but she doesn't suffer any stress related mental health problems because of it. The officer even smiled at her:eek:

Oh, the humanity!!!!

Back