Dave Herman Tased, Arrested on Felony Charges After Police Chase In Indiana

When cops get behind you with lights on.... DON'T DRIVE 3 FUCKING MILES BEFORE PULLING OVER.

Second, after pulling over don't get out of the car unless asked too. THIRD, don't fucking TELL a cop what to do. Nothing pisses off people in general more than being told by someone how to do their job when that someone doesn't do the same thing you do for a living.

Frankly, yes the cops were overly aggressive BUT at the same time Herman made this situation much worse than it could have been.

Dave Herman's an idiot. He did so many things wrong in this situation that I don't blame the cops for tasering him.

^What Gregolian said, you stop when the cops attempt to pull you over, you don't keep driving. And you stay in your vehicle when you're pulled over, you don't get out and confront the cops. And asking them for ID when you're getting pulled over? Smart.

He could have asked, problem was with HOW. He made it a DEMAND. He could have just said "hey, could I possibly see some ID?" and if the cop says "no, not right now" you go "ok, thanks."

Dave "Cop Block" Herman. What a fucking idiot! And I love his wifes "show me 3 ID's" haha. If I was that cop I would have thrown my dick in her mouth to shut her extremely average faced ass up! Stupid people.

Google Dekalb county. There has been multiple instances of people impersonating officers and that same Sheriff's office and the local news has asked it's citizens to ONLY pull over in well lit areas with witnesses. That is why he was 'evading' police. He was obviously coherent and did not sound intoxicated. He was with his wife and very young child. Can you blame this man for taking the chance of a little extra heat and driving 2 extra miles while cops were behind him and choosing a well lit gas station to pull over in when there have been cases in that same county of numerous people acting like cops and robbing people? He did nothing wrong other than make some frustrated gestures and ask for ID. Research before you berate the man. Yes, I'm from Indiana and went to the same college with him, so i may be bias. But this was not a tasable offense by any means.

Also, I wasn't aware police were allowed to turn on/off their dash/body cams at will. Why would they not want a record of their evening's arrests, unless they possibly had a hillbilly justice act in mind?

Last edited:
They were both in the wrong really, but what is disturbing how the cop had both his body cam and his dash cam off. What's the point in having them if you turn them off? Either you are incompetent or you are trying to hide the truth, both reasons provide cause to terminate your employment.

Police fucked up here... They went 0-100 without provocation, then wrote up bullshit reports costing this man his freedom.

What also is quite amazing is how the clerk is handling this at the Sherriff's office. I live in Indiana so i always feel obligated to have loyalty to, and be emotionally invested in fighters from IN. So I called them as his wife asked his fans to do. And well, they're DICKS. Granted I'm sure they've received countless calls about this one situation. But for them to be so snappy at callers (like me) and also telling one concerned fan/citizen that they're waiting til the 47th hour to give him bail or actually press charges due to his ''sense of humor'' is wildly inappropriate and unprofessional. The cops should be put on suspension w/ pay (have to feel for their families they support or id say without pay) and have mandatory classes or seminars on how to be a proper police officer. When their superior officer, lieut, sargeant, or whomever it was showed up and asked about their cameras and was returned with "uhhh....", you know he was livid. The only reason they're holding him and not releasing him when it's so clear he broke no actual law is because that would admit guilt, and they already know there's a lawsuit coming over this. Thank Herman's wife for having the thought to record it all. But as I said above, Herman driving an extra 2miles to a well lit area and then asking for ID is not out of line considering the county's problem with Officer Impersonation. He only did what the local news and sheriff's office told that county's citizens to do

You can clearly see that the original officer to approach the vehicle on camera was aware he made a mistake. When (yes like a parrot you insensitive jerks) kept asking for ID, having a child in the back, and appearing to be completely sober and coherent he knew that there was 0 percent of shenanigans afoot in that vehicle which contained a normal family having car trouble.

The cops pursue this man for 3 miles without a dashcam on? Does this sound like someone trying to bring safety to a neighborhood or evade the law himself?

The charges they've laid have nothing to do with whatever they initially pulled him over for(which we have no clue)they just just don't want to admit fault as is often the case with people in positions of authority.

I know Dave PERSONALLY, as we trained together for years at Nashville MMA. We are both heavyweights and were always sparring or rolling together during camp. Dave is off in the head, in a Lloyd Christmas kind of way..but one of the nicest, funniest dudes you could ever meet. I would never advise someone to challenge a police officers authority, however, it is our right as citizens to question their intentions. This video by his wife, will be the "nail in the coffin" for the officers. The deputy posted this arrest on the department's facebook, so proud of his felony arrests. Ironically, as soon as the video aired...the posts are deleted and any comments about Dave are immediately deleted and the user blocked.

When pulled over, you remain in the vehicle unless told to exit. Then you follow orders given by the officer. When your told to put your hands against the car and you are not complying, you see what the consequences are. How does the officers know Dave is not armed and biding time to reach in his waistband for his weapon? He could have easily remained in the vehicle and explained the situation rrather than keep questioning the officers and not complying with a lawful order.

@cap_red They pulled him over because he was on the interstate without his lights on and claim he was speeding (doubtful with his young child in the car & his wife). But his lights were off according to his wife, but they had their hazard lights while driving down the road. So there is cause to pull him over, but how they reacted to his demeanor which was hardly aggresive at all. I'm assuming their classification of a person acting aggressive can be due to just being a large stout human being. And hell, their own sheriffs office has told citizens to pull into well lit areas with witnesses. They should have been aware of that and considered it while attempting to pull him over. And me personally, I open my door and get out of the car when being pulled over with my 4yr old in the car. May sound dumb, but some just want to shield their children from such situations. Even good straight and narrow people see police as an enemy or threat, so i dont fault him for exiting the vehicle either. The part i found the most disturbing is that they tazed him as he was finally complying and about to kneel down onto his knees like they were screaming. They never even announced themselves as actual police from dekalb county, his asking for them to do so and show proof is all it takes to get tazed up north. Makes me happy that i moved from N. Indiana Fort Wayne area down here to Bloomington and stayed after my Indiana U. tenure.

He's lucky to be alive. Approaching officers in an aggressive manner can easily lead to being shot to death unfortunately.

Good thing he's white. I can't believe I thought he was going to be a player in the UFC HW division, such a headcase.

I see cops who tased him calling it "high speed chase". Would appreciate a verifiable number.

Goddamn police state. Can't question the fuckers or they put you down. Shit is crazy.

Also what's with the charges? Battery on a police officer? Lol what the fuck did he roll into their foot while he was being tased?

Also what's with the charges? Battery on a police officer? Lol what the fuck did he roll into their foot while he was being tased?

Battery charge may have been previous to knowledge of video. So now we have 2 cops caught in a lie.

Having fought at the top organizations for a decade and couldn't be recognized by local enforcement officers

And

Made headline news in all major MMA websites and people wonder who he is

Which is more insulting?

Personally if I were to get lit up by a cop I would pull over the second I can safely (I've never heard of a non-cop driving a cop car in my whole country let alone my city) I would roll my window down and place my hands on the top of the wheel, to make everyone more comfortable. I do not have a kid but if I did I would let the officer know and ask if I could step out of the car to sort everything out.

That's just me though. I don't love cops, but I understand their purpose and I can definitely see how every stop being potentially life-threatening would be nerve racking.

Also with that whole 3 pieces of identification thing. I may be mistaken here but wouldn't the uniform, the name tag, and the badge on the uniform all count? Then the actual flip out card can be shown later. 3 pieces of ID sounds kind of dumb. I know that they have to show you the identification card (what the officer showed Mrs. Herman in the video) if requested, however I'm willing to bet that they have discretion. For example Herman not complying before seeing the ID still sounds like non-compliance/illegal to me. Clearly there was a reason that they were so immediately ready for action, whether it be that their story of a high speed chase is true (that combined with the suspect hopping out of the car and coming at you seems like a good time to draw tasers at least) or if he just approached them too aggressively, I could definitely see them not taking the time/risk of showing their id cards before a situation has been put under control.

I'd be very interested in seeing this law about 3 pieces of identification.

What an odd situation.

A lot of people will automatically pick a side here but we really have no idea what happened prior to the start of this video.

Back