Dave Herman Tased, Arrested on Felony Charges After Police Chase In Indiana

You wanna see 2 more pieces of identification ?
Look me in the eyes. Thank you.

dont believe everything you read he didnt do anything wrong ... im retired nypd he was quite within his rights ... here is a video recorded by his wife on scene

[YT]09Vwt3vZ9do[/YT]

Really???

How would you have reacted. All I can say is maybe they tazed him a little quick but at the end of the day he wasn't complying very well. Every order he barked about it for 10 secs and then slowly at best half ass complied. This was after driving three miles before pulling over which in itself will heighten any situation for an officer.

I've never heard of any state that an officer needs to show you 3 forms of ID. I could see being alarmed if this was an unmarked car with no lights or simple red light. But fully marked squad with lights on its pretty much a 99.9% chance its legit. Not to mention your in a public gas station that probably has cameras. So start saying to stupid shit and being difficult becomes unwarranted at that point.

Just like any walks of life if your asshole you make every situation difficult.

Really???

How would you have reacted. All I can say is maybe they tazed him a little quick but at the end of the day he wasn't complying very well. Every order he barked about it for 10 secs and then slowly at best half ass complied. This was after driving three miles before pulling over which in itself will heighten any situation for an officer.

I've never heard of any state that an officer needs to show you 3 forms of ID. I could see being alarmed if this was an unmarked car with no lights or simple red light. But fully marked squad with lights on its pretty much a 99.9% chance its legit. Not to mention your in a public gas station that probably has cameras. So start saying to stupid shit and being difficult becomes unwarranted at that point.

Just like any walks of life if your asshole you make every situation difficult.

Force is to be used as a LAST RESORT. They gave him what, 20 seconds before they tazed him? They claimed he was assaultive? Standing there with his hands on his head asking questions for 20 seconds is assaultive? Did Dave handle himself like common sense would tell you to act? NO. Did they cops use force too fast and without reason? YES. Did the cops falsify his arrest report? It appears so..

Force is to be used as a LAST RESORT. They gave him what, 20 seconds before they tazed him? They claimed he was assaultive? Standing there with his hands on his head asking questions for 20 seconds is assaultive? Did Dave handle himself like common sense would tell you to act? NO. Did they cops use force too fast and without reason? YES. Did the cops falsify his arrest report? It appears so..

You're conveniently omitting his unwillingness to comply and the fact that he dropped his hands and took a seemingly aggressive stance (as if he was going to approach the officers) just before he was tased. Let's also not forget that he had driven three miles with the police behind him before even bothering to pull over. I would say the use of a taser was well warranted in that situation.

Not wanting to pull over? Check.
Getting out of your vehicle when you finally do pull over? Check.
Not wanting to comply after you've stepped out of the vehicle? Check.

The guy behaved like a complete idiot and got what was coming to him. Period.

You're conveniently omitting his unwillingness to comply and the fact that he dropped his hands and took a seemingly aggressive stance (as if he was going to approach the officers) just before he was tased. Let's also not forget that he had driven three miles with the police behind him before even bothering to pull over. I would say the use of a taser was well warranted in that situation.

Not wanting to pull over? Check.
Getting out of your vehicle when you finally do pull over? Check.
Not wanting to comply after you've stepped out of the vehicle? Check.

The guy behaved like a complete idiot and got what was coming to him. Period.

Na I'm not omitting anything. He did not comply with their orders.. However as a law enforcement officer you have a use of force continuum that shows when force is allowed. 20 seconds MAX they gave directives.. He was passive resistant, meaning he was not complying yet also not assaultive. There are a multitude of techniques that are then used to talk the subject into being compliant. Furthermore the Dekalb county has a policy that all cameras are to be used when lights are deployed. The officers failed to use their cameras, and jumped to a use of force with a passive resistant individual who only had 20 seconds of directives. You never escalate a situation, unless you are in danger. Also they reported that he assaulted them which appears to be anything from the truth. Dave is an idiot, however the officer violated several policies.

Source: Masters in CJ, Sheriff Deputy 12 years, Sergeant 6 years, member of the e FOP

Also the 3 pieces of identification thing is a crock of shit.. Whoever told them that should be ashamed.

Not really sure why any of you are defending the police actions. Sure, Dave was being dick to them, but I have never heard of a law anywhere which allows a police officer to taze someone for being a dick.

Maybe because I am not American I don't fully understand, but this shit seems seriously dodgy. Especially the fact that he is being charged with assault, even though the only camera footage shows pretty convincing evidence he did not.

Dave "Cop Block" Herman. What a fucking idiot! And I love his wifes "show me 3 ID's" haha. If I was that cop I would have thrown my dick in her mouth to shut her extremely average faced ass up! Stupid people.

watch-out-we-got-a-badass-over-here-meme.png

. Fuck the police. This should show people its not just a race thing. Its a cops are dog shit totalitarian goons sorta thing. I understand everyones argument that he should have just complied immediately, but if we all comply blindly everywhere everyday, what do you have? Police state. Piss on that. Where I live, cop shot a 17 year old kid 8 times in the chest inside an.empty streetcar, then went and kicked his body in the face and tased it. Cause that cop thought everyone should comply.

An hour from me, an OPP officer drove his cruiser into the back of a school bus while he was driving and texting. They are now trying to charge the bus driver with stopping short to cause an accident. With a cop car? What the fuck?

I'm far off topic but people need to raise up and realize that the police are supposed to be servng and protecting and if they aren't then they need to be removed. A year or two of police college and a tin star doesnt make them god.

Personally if I were to get lit up by a cop I would pull over the second I can safely (I've never heard of a non-cop driving a cop car in my whole country let alone my city) I would roll my window down and place my hands on the top of the wheel, to make everyone more comfortable. I do not have a kid but if I did I would let the officer know and ask if I could step out of the car to sort everything out.

That's just me though. I don't love cops, but I understand their purpose and I can definitely see how every stop being potentially life-threatening would be nerve racking.

Also with that whole 3 pieces of identification thing. I may be mistaken here but wouldn't the uniform, the name tag, and the badge on the uniform all count? Then the actual flip out card can be shown later. 3 pieces of ID sounds kind of dumb. I know that they have to show you the identification card (what the officer showed Mrs. Herman in the video) if requested, however I'm willing to bet that they have discretion. For example Herman not complying before seeing the ID still sounds like non-compliance/illegal to me. Clearly there was a reason that they were so immediately ready for action, whether it be that their story of a high speed chase is true (that combined with the suspect hopping out of the car and coming at you seems like a good time to draw tasers at least) or if he just approached them too aggressively, I could definitely see them not taking the time/risk of showing their id cards before a situation has been put under control.

I'd be very interested in seeing this law about 3 pieces of identification.

What an odd situation.

A lot of people will automatically pick a side here but we really have no idea what happened prior to the start of this video.

It's the new fad to challenge police officers. I personally think it's stupid as damn hell, as nothing good can come from it. I would recommend recording the interaction, however be cordial and polite lol. If anyone knows Dave, like I do personally he is a goofy, funny SOB. Hell it's 30 degrees and he's wearing the exact same red Indiana shorts he wore every single day we trained together. I guarantee he was wearing his faith hill t shirt under that flannel lol.

Back