Social Dave Chapelle is too big to cave to the woke mob.

A big part of american society has become so soft.

Also Chappele is an idiot and should be slapped anyways.

You didn't expect anyone to watch a CNN clip did you?

This. Kamau didn't really seem to put Dave in his place. I think he just said it can open conversations. And that if Dave is going to potentially offend people in his jokes he just has to be ready for the potential backlash. And Dave seems 100% comfortable with getting any backlash.

ricky-gervais-golden-globes.gif

Also......the trans community seems to just be the hot topic right now. Why is it all groups don't give a shit when you offend other groups.....until you offend them.

crap on republicans...LOL....crap on asians....LOL.....crap on white people.....LOL.....crap on fat people...LOL. .....crap on trans...WHOAH! Let's all step back here!
Republicans get super pissy when they're made fun of, just look at the way they dog piled on Alec Baldwin for killing a woman in an accident because he triggered them by playing Trump on SNL They also have a ton of control and influence in our government, and have for decades.

Asians aren't barred from going in to bathrooms or getting married. The right got pissed when people said it was shitty to call Covid the Kung Flu. Then suddenly Asian racism was taken seriously by the right when they got to blame it on black people. Fat people do get shit still, but it's changed a lot from when I was young and there was always a designated fat kid in every comedy as living punchline.

Thing is for trans people, there still is a lot of shit they're dealing with. Dave mentioned the bathroom laws being bullshit and they are. There are still trans people being assaulted. Suicides are a real problem and though it may be linked to mental illness that's related to the dismorphia, it doesn't hurt to try to treat it with some sensitivity. You see a lot of people here call trans people the fall of Western civilization, the right tends to hyperfocus on them not as punchlines but as a disease to be eradicated.

It's going to be a sensitive topic for a lot of reasons, things have changed a lot in a short time, and a lot of trans people grew up in a very different climate that is probably scary to think about going back to. It's politically charged and both sides lose their shit about it. That's why I love the art of stand up. I liked the special, but I've heard some great takes in critique of it and I think those takes deserve to be a part of the conversation.

Dave’s new stuff is not funny. I had to go back to his old stuff like Sesame Street and “just because I’m dressed this way doesn’t make me a cop,” to get a dose of him when he was funny

Don Lemon is a racist piece of shit who lies for money on CNN and despite all his generic pro Black pandering he somehow found himself married to a white guy.

He's definitely the Tucker Carlson of CNN.

I thought it was words were violence? When did this change?

Everything is violence if it's done by someone white, straight and male, I think. Admittedly, I have trouble keeping up.

Chappelle and Gervais have way too much fuck you money to care what overweight rainbow hair colored bloggers might screech on Twitter.
If only more people had this attitude.
It's just takes literally not playing along or caring what they think.

And it important. Good is based on truth.
If people can start warping the truth to fit social trends and ideology, it's a slippery slope to greater evil even if comes from so called progressiveness.

And trying to cancel 'men and women' is one of the great evils of this current society.

Back