Daughter sparring Taekwondo tips?

Originally posted by k.o. kid
if tkd is so hard on the body then why do tkd fighters careers last longer than muay thai fighters careers?

1. Muay thai is much more violent sport
2. In thai land (and other places as well) the diet and strength training rountines of thai fighters are very poor.

My use of Muay thai as an example was not meant to mean that Muay thai is better. It was a simple comparsion between 2 similar techniques. Many thinks are done in Muay thai I wouldn't agree with as well.

i guess u learned mcdojo tkd if u learned techniques that hurt ur knees, or kick violently without proper warmup all the time. while masters train properly all there lives and rarly ever get repetitive joint injuries.

Yea, my daughters main trainer is in his late 30's and in perfect shape!!

Originally posted by RCCOLA
Yea, my daughters main trainer is in his late 30's and in perfect shape!!

Wow thats ancient. Ever ask him about the creation of man?

RC,

I have never taken TKD so I won't comment on its effectiveness. I have however studied other martial arts, Karate, Juijitsu, Judo and now Muay Thai.

I have had life long enjoyment of fighting sports and martial arts because of the very McDojo like place I first trained at with a friend when I was 16.

By giving your daughter a membership to the TKD school I believe you are helping her. Maybe it isn't as strong defensivly, maybe it is hard on the joints/body. But if she likes it and it makes her stay healthy and active instead of playing video games and watching the boobtube you both win.

Originally posted by Caddock
RC,

I have never taken TKD so I won't comment on its effectiveness. I have however studied other martial arts, Karate, Juijitsu, Judo and now Muay Thai.

I have had life long enjoyment of fighting sports and martial arts because of the very McDojo like place I first trained at with a friend when I was 16.

By giving your daughter a membership to the TKD school I believe you are helping her. Maybe it isn't as strong defensivly, maybe it is hard on the joints/body. But if she likes it and it makes her stay healthy and active instead of playing video games and watching the boobtube you both win.

I am inclined to agree.

Originally posted by Lowkick
Wow thats ancient. Ever ask him about the creation of man?
But you were the guy who said that taking TKD for many years will wear somebodys body out. You said that. So I was pointing out that the master at the dojang she goes too is in his late 30's and in perfect shape. And you come back with this comment?
What? You didn't say that you say? Does this look familiar to you:

"When she turns 25 or 30 and her back is fucked,her knees hurt, and her hips are ruined..well just think back on this post and blame yourself."

So your either a liar or just too stupid to remember what you have posted! So which one is it genius?

Back