• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Darh Vader's lightsaber skills (Star Wars brahs gtfih!)

Well first off they both got solo'd by obi wan, anakin gets more of a pass though because he was so young and stupid at the time. When maul fought obiwan he was already a Sith Lord and had trained with palpatine for years.

I will say I think Obi Wan beat Maul because of the style matchup not really because he is the more talented lightsaber fighter, where in Anakins case I think Obi Wan was just the more talented and more calm and experienced practitioner. I believe Maul to be one of the best with a lightsaber in the whole Star Wars universe, he's a beast.

I think Maul is definitely better than Vader in that respect, however Vader is MUCH MUCH MUCH more powerful with the force. And that is a problem for Maul.

That said both are amazing and I LOVE Mauls whole history and storyline it's just fucking awesome and I wish he didn't go out the way he did. But whatever.

Yea there you go thats what it is...Vader was much more inclined with the force but Maul would've definitely beat him in a no force allowed lightsaber fight.

BTW: does anyone have the gif of the fight between Obi Wan and Anakin where they're both twirling their lightsabers in such an over the top manner that it looks silly? It's in the prequels im not sure which one.

Yea there you go thats what it is...Vader was much more inclined with the force but Maul would've definitely beat him in a no force allowed lightsaber fight.

BTW: does anyone have the gif of the fight between Obi Wan and Anakin where they're both twirling their lightsabers in such an over the top manner that it looks silly? It's in the prequels im not sure which one.
Revenge of The Sith
6827383467_38cb77135d_o.gif

Isn't Mace Windu supposed to be the best with a lightsaber?

He easily beat Sidious until Anikin showed up.
They are in the same tier. Sidious was not even in his prime yet. Windu with sabers gives anyone a good fight. Force powers are another story.

He is on par with Yoda and Sidious.
Yeah his Vaapaad style really work against Sidios has it loops all the dark side hate sidios have back to Sidious. Mace Windu is just really a bad matchup for Darth Sidious

Yeah his Vaapaad style really work against Sidios has it loops all the dark side hate sidios have back to Sidious. Mace Windu is just really a bad matchup for Darth Sidious
He needed more then Vaapad to get the edge on Sidious. He also needed shatter points. When Sidious used sith lightning even that was too much for Mace, he himself admited it was beyond Vaapad.

Basically, Vader and Sideous were the two most powerful Sith ever, or rather George Lucas says they are, so no other Sith could have stood a chance against either.... because George says it.

Personally, I can't see how Vader could have stood a chance against Darth Bane, the first Sith Master after the Rule of Two was implimented. He had orbalisk armor that made him invincible to lightsaber strikes and blaster hits, and he had complete mastery in Force Lightening. Vader, at his best, would have been decimated in seconds.

But, if this fight could have taken place in cannon, Vader would be written by the author to win.

Bullshit? Absolutey it is. But hopefully with Lucas out of the way, future cannon stories can be told about how Vader wasn't the absolute badass he was thought to be, but he survived and dominated only because of his power with the force.

That's the kinda shit that gets silly stupid, though. Even in a story about space warlocks. Like Luke becoming one with his light saber and using it to shield himself. Or Darth whatever whats-it destroying a planet with his mind. Power creep gets out of control after 30 years. I'm glad they're jettisoning old canon because it got ridiculous, even though it means we'll be losing some cool stuff.

Fucking "Orbalisk Armor". Fuck you, Bane. I'm glad you're fake. Having saber proof armor is like that asshole friend of yours that just picked Guile in Streetfighter 2 and all he did was flash kick.

Fucking "Orbalisk Armor". Fuck you, Bane. I'm glad you're fake. Having saber proof armor is like that asshole friend of yours that just picked Guile in Streetfighter 2 and all he did was flash kick

Darth Bane is cannon, yo.

Kylo Rens ugly ass destroys both Vader and Maul

Kylo Rens ugly ass destroys both Vader and Maul

I think Ren would pass out first from all the blood flowing from his head to his penis if he fought grandpappy.

He's still fake.
Fake as in? His stories in the novels are now non-canon but he is a real canon character.

His novels are still a good read. His interactions with Zannah were entertaining to read and Sith lore was explored a lot.

He easily beat Sidious until Anikin showed up.

It was a stalemate; Windu could block Sidious' Force Lightening and return it to him. But the pain just fed Sidious Dark Side power. Also don't forget that Windu couldn't stop Sidious walking through another three Jedi Masters who accompanied Windu to arrest the Chancellor.

Fake as in? His stories in the novels are now non-canon but he is a real canon character.

His novels are still a good read. His interactions with Zannah were entertaining to read and Sith lore was explored a lot.

As in not real.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBG
Back