• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Darh Vader's lightsaber skills (Star Wars brahs gtfih!)

Quite the oxymoron right there bud.

It actually makes Vader even more badass that he could rule in spite of being an inferior physical specimen/combatant - he wins by just being more evil and nefarious = true villainy.

Only nerds get caught up in who's the 'best'; villains are supposed to be flawed and dastardly, that's part of what makes them so interesting.

Vader >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Maul

LOL way to overanalyze shit.

Darth Vader's lightsaber skills (or lack thereof) stem from the fact that the swordplay choreography was very limited in the earlier movies. Rogue One played it careful because they didn't wanna retcon the classic trilogy.

If not for their force powers everyone in star wars would have a been a nobody blasted to smithereens.

*Sigh*

Obviously. But Vader is completely dependent upon them.

And wouldn't Bane have to fight Palpatine because they were the Sith Lords?

Post Bane in armor? Vader could beat him.

*Sigh*

Obviously. But Vader is completely dependent upon them.

As is any hero or villain, with out them there are mediocre mortals that can easily be killed. The whole fucking star wars universe revolves around force powers.

So his force powers have to be disregarded and undermined for some foolish reason to help justify anyone's deluded notion that someone could take him in battle.

LOL way to overanalyze shit.

Darth Vader's lightsaber skills (or lack thereof) stem from the fact that the swordplay choreography was very limited in the earlier movies. Rogue One played it careful because they didn't wanna retcon the classic trilogy.

As a pretty big fan these are questions we have to ponder lol...some people r pretty nitpicky about things like this in movies tho...Rogue One did play it careful I agree and that's why Rogue One is my favorite of all the prequels.

As is any hero or villain, with out them there are mediocre mortals that can easily be killed. The whole fucking star wars universe revolves around force powers.

So his force powers have to be disregarded and undermined for some foolish reason to help justify anyone's deluded notion that someone could take him in battle.

Not anyone, just all the elite Jedi/Sith of the SW universe.

Well first off they both got solo'd by obi wan, anakin gets more of a pass though because he was so young and stupid at the time. When maul fought obiwan he was already a Sith Lord and had trained with palpatine for years.

I will say I think Obi Wan beat Maul because of the style matchup not really because he is the more talented lightsaber fighter, where in Anakins case I think Obi Wan was just the more talented and more calm and experienced practitioner. I believe Maul to be one of the best with a lightsaber in the whole Star Wars universe, he's a beast.

I think Maul is definitely better than Vader in that respect, however Vader is MUCH MUCH MUCH more powerful with the force. And that is a problem for Maul.

That said both are amazing and I LOVE Mauls whole history and storyline it's just fucking awesome and I wish he didn't go out the way he did. But whatever.

star wars brah checking in!!

I loved darth maul. Dude was a beast!

tumblr_lugn4uDlQZ1qdku5lo7_r2_500.gif

tumblr_n0r9iajlML1ts4ubeo1_500.gif

giphy.gif

5156829-9989262757-49826.gif

I found myself thinking about this myself. But Rogue One wouldnt've been the example I used, I woulda used the other prequels. I didn't really see him do that much with the lightsaber in Rogue One other than deflect lasers.

"The lightsaber battles were about the drama between the two characters. *shows overly long battle between Obi Won and Anakin, then shows the fight from ANH*
Oddly enough, this same fight between the two characters thirty years later had much more impact and emotion than all the greenscreens could add. The drama of the battles comes from more than two guys swinging swords at each other..."
~Plinkett

Darth Vader's lightsaber skills were awesome. Time period plays a big role obviously. People say Vader cybernetic limbs were a hindrance on his athleticism, but the added weight and height made him more imposing. His dueling style became more direct. There's still the years between Episode 3 and the original Star Wars where Vader was a beast.

Darth Vader's lightsaber skills were awesome. Time period plays a big role obviously. People say Vader cybernetic limbs were a hindrance on his athleticism, but the added weight and height made him more imposing. His dueling style became more direct. There's still the years between Episode 3 and the original Star Wars where Vader was a beast.

This dude breaks down how the suit vader Vaser stronger by keeping him ina state of pain.

also that YT guy has great brakedowns on fighting style for the star wars guys.

Back