Dare I say, Reem just got robbed?

You seem to be having a hard time because you have comprehension issues, as well as a difficult time remaining coherent.
Nobody was arguing that the ref has to look out for the well being of the fighter.
Absolutely no one.
The other aloof individual that you agreed with said that it isn't the referees job to keep track of the time on the clock.

Let me say it again.
The time on the clock.
^ That was the discussion. Not fighter safety. Fighter safety is paramount. Everyone agrees. You're yelling at a wall.

I don't care wtf you did. You're a tool for thinking the referee doesn't have to be aware of the round and time of a bout.

While on the subject of reading comprehension, are you even aware of what the word "aloof" means? LOL.
How in the hell can I possibly have been "aloof" toward you when I'd never dealt with you prior to your last post?
As for my being a "tool" because I know the rules infinitely better than you do, if that's the case then I'll gladly accept that title. You're obviously just some Johnny come lately MMA fanboy who thinks he knows more than the people who have lived & breathed the sport for decades. That makes you an ignorant, attention-seeking juvenile in my book & I don't have the time to waste on such individuals.
So, piss off, Junior. Your squawkings & protestations regarding last night's fight are irrelevant.

FUCKING BULLSHIT STOPPAGE .... no other way.
And in this case also an ultimate robbery.
Saying anything else makes you just look stupid

But he got up IMMEDIATELY from a single punch knockdown while his opponent was several feet away on the other side of the cage. Where is the justification for the stoppage? Guys get rocked all the time, this is MMA.
Exactly, if this shriek reffed Edgar be Maynard, Barry vs Kongo , yancy vs Olivera, then we’d miss out on a lot of good fights that’s were nothing more then wars of attrition

How about this. watch the fight. Then you will see that overeem was ko'd but regained consciousness when falling into the fence. Great stoppage. He would have potentially been killed had the fight continued.
Something funny about me is ....I liked this comment but I didn’t actually even see the fight yet lol

I missed the fight but saw Reems lip hanging off his face.

Whatever transpired, needed stoppage

Could you imagine a couple more unprotected right hooks to that mouth area? He may have exposed Reems skull for crying out loud.....

Can you imagine if he landed another punch on that lip after it already split?

It's true.

Rosenstruik walked away after landing that right hand, thinking he separated Overeem from his consciousness, which he did NOT.

Reem got flashed KOd but popped right back up as time had already expired.

Mirgliatta , I think was sold by Rosenstruik walking off like that which swayed him in the moment to stop the fight...There was also like 2 seconds left as Rozen turned around and Reem was already getting back up so he wouldn't of landed any GNP on Reem either way you slice it. Dan just happened to stop it right before the final bell.

Had Dan not been a dumbass to stop that fight, Reem would of won a well deserved and hard fought decision.

Also,
I'm not a huge Overeem fan so no I'm not being bias, and I also don't wanna hear about "bro you wanted to see him get killed on the ground"....

I wanted to see a DEFINITIVE finish and that WASN'T IT.

REEM GOT ROBBED
100% agree.
IMO this was a mistake by Jairzinho (not to follow up) and a big fuck up by Dan.

AO should plead with the AC to overturn it and take the scorecards instead.

It's true.

Rosenstruik walked away after landing that right hand, thinking he separated Overeem from his consciousness, which he did NOT.

Reem got flashed KOd but popped right back up as time had already expired.

Mirgliatta , I think was sold by Rosenstruik walking off like that which swayed him in the moment to stop the fight...There was also like 2 seconds left as Rozen turned around and Reem was already getting back up so he wouldn't of landed any GNP on Reem either way you slice it. Dan just happened to stop it right before the final bell.

Had Dan not been a dumbass to stop that fight, Reem would of won a well deserved and hard fought decision.

Also,
I'm not a huge Overeem fan so no I'm not being bias, and I also don't wanna hear about "bro you wanted to see him get killed on the ground"....

I wanted to see a DEFINITIVE finish and that WASN'T IT.

REEM GOT ROBBED
dan fucks up yet again. his record must be better than mazzagatti at this point for sheer fuckups/corrupt calls.

I can't imagine a man that can't walk and a mouth like that being called a winner

Great stoppage.

The ref isn't supposed to take the score cards or the round timer into account when deciding whether or not to stop the fight. The immediate fighter safety is the only factor, and if they get one punch dropped, attempt to stand, and wobble all over the place like a baby deer, they are not safe to continue, imo.
did you actually SEE the fight? lol

There's a narrative that Dan just stopped the fight cause Rozen walked off.
I'm 70% sure that's false, I think Dan decided to stop the fight the moment he saw Reem hit the ground with limp arms.
This is based on how Dan started running towards them as soon as Reem landed.

The timeline of this video clip is:
2:30 - punch lands
3:50 - Dan reacts to Reem's limp, falling body. Goes into straight up running mode
3:90 - Dan is now in full sprint mode, Rozen stands over Reem looking like he could take another swing
4:40 - Rozen has started walking off but Dan's behavior is not changing, he's mainly focused on Reem and runs towards him
5:10 Dan reaches them, clearly puts his hands on Rozen as if to move him out of the way and signify the fight is over

Seems to me Dan was already gonna stop it when he started running, and his approach didn't change cause Rozen walked off.
Dan was slow to get there and if you watch the replay he touches Rosen, making Rosen think the fight is over.
True.

Last edited:
They need to focus on this when reading the rules in locker rooms...fighters do NOT call off fights, refs do, they dont need to go full Hendo on a KO'd opponent tho.

How about this. watch the fight. Then you will see that overeem was ko'd but regained consciousness when falling into the fence. Great stoppage. He would have potentially been killed had the fight continued.
Potentially been killed? By who, the guy that walked away?

rozen walked away because he saw the ref running over to stop it

and the ref did the right thing because if he didnt run over, rozen was going to continue smashing overeem

not only that but overeem was stumbling big time when he got back up and when you see a fighter fucked up like that, he's done/tko'd/fight is over

rozen deserves the win

The fight was not stopped due to the lip and refs cannot stop fights due to cuts. Damn, how many people watch MMA that don't have a clue how it works.
Did that post make you feel smart?
Sure, you are the only one that understands the rules. Good job.
The ref ruled the fight a tko. Yes it was a questionable call. My point which went right over your head apparently was that due to that cut Overeem was done anyways. He got beat and then dropped at the end of the fight. You can argue that he might have won a decision but having your face split in half and then being damn near unconscious at the end of the fight usually sways the judges opinions.
Sorry to question your expertise though. You are obviously the only one on the forum that understands the rules.

Back