Dare I say, Reem just got robbed?

OK, man... I don't know what my supposedly being "aloof" has to do with anything since in this context it really makes no sense but let's skip over that, shall we?
I know the rules regarding the ten-second clap because I'm a former professional fighter & an inspector for the NYSAC. I've been around combat sports for the majority of my life. So, when I tell you that it is not the referee's job to take that into account in a situation like tonight's fight I'm telling you the truth. Maybe you believe it ought to be but that's a moot point. The rules state that a fighter's immediate safety is priority one. Not who the ref thinks might be ahead or whether there's only a couple of seconds left in the fight. That doesn't matter nor should it. 'Reem was badly damaged & incapable of intelligently defending himself so the fight was stopped. Again, end of story. You can disagree with it all you like. That's your prerogative but the ref did his job correctly.

You seem to be having a hard time because you have comprehension issues, as well as a difficult time remaining coherent.
Nobody was arguing that the ref has to look out for the well being of the fighter.
Absolutely no one.
The other aloof individual that you agreed with said that it isn't the referees job to keep track of the time on the clock.

Let me say it again.
The time on the clock.
^ That was the discussion. Not fighter safety. Fighter safety is paramount. Everyone agrees. You're yelling at a wall.

I don't care wtf you did. You're a tool for thinking the referee doesn't have to be aware of the round and time of a bout.

Too many fights are getting stopped way too late vs way too early. Reem has taken a lot of severe punishment in his career. No point in eating extra shots after that. If he would of let it go on, I guarantee you would see threads shitting on Dan for letting the fight go on too long.

Cormier has it right. JR is an idiot, and he’s fortunate that Dan M is also an idiot. Granted, there’s a decent possibility that one good follow-up uppercut to Reem’s undefended face was gonna put the lights all the way out, but with so little time left any sort of scramble would’ve killed off the fight.

I think when you score such a big knockdown and your opponent is saved by the bell in an otherwise boring fight you’ve gotta get a 10-8, so if you had it 3-1 going into the 5th it would’ve been a draw. I don’t necessarily feel like Overeem got robbed, but I don’t think JR is fortunate that stupidity didn’t cost him a big win.

Reminded me of Spider vs. Ping when he flash ko'd ping and walked off but Herb didn't stop it.

Palhares had a similar fight where he flash KOed a guy then jumped on the cage but the guy was conscious and they didn't stop that fight either.

Too many fights are getting stopped way too late vs way too early. Reem has taken a lot of severe punishment in his career. No point in eating extra shots after that. If he would of let it go on, I guarantee you would see threads shitting on Dan for letting the fight go on too long.

Except DM didn’t actually protect Overeem for absorbing more damage. He did not stop the fight until both fighters were walking away, so had JR decided to throw follow up shots they were going to land.

What extra shots would have happened? His opponent celebrated prematurely and was on the other side of the octagon with his hands in the air and his back turned. If Dan waited 2-4 more seconds the round would have ended and Overeem wouldn't have gotten hit any more than he was which makes the stoppage terrible.

Big John, the head referee, says otherwise. I assume he knows more about it than you.

Waiting

Where does Big John say that the refs don't have to be aware of the 10 second clap?
I assume you know?

Blatantly Incorrect

Referees are supposed to be aware of the time so they're in position to stop the fight immediately at the bell.

Dan literally just got in the way of the fighters. He WASN'T stopping the fight. His indecision is what cost Overeem.
Wrong

Rozen walk away because he saw miragliotta run to stop, overeem was badly hurt and defenseless, he is the only to bias here, go to cry to mommy kid

Can't write a complete sentence... calls me kid lolllllllllllll

'he is the only to bias here'

cotdayum, since you put it that way.

Rozenstruik showed in that fight against Overeem that he’ll never “crack” under pressure.

It isn't a simple situation, but own up to the fact that you argued a moot point the ENTIRE time.

Rozen was never touched before he walked away.
Reem got straight up, eyes on his opponent.
There was no indication from Dan to stop the fight.
and all the other erroneous things you've said.
Wrong

Yes robbed of getting his face ripped open all the way to his eye.

Would rather the rules get followed since this is a sanctioned sport.

You should YouTube bum fights then.
Your mad your fighter lost, get over it. Make up as many fantasies as you want, we saw overeem get his face reconstructed and then try and stand like a new born baby deer with his hands down stumbling into the corner of the cage. It's okay the sting will wear off soon.

Can't stand Overeem, he's not natural man meat. But let's just say, if I were the referee, 'Reem probably would've won that fight. But that gash is nasty!

"natural man meat"

WTF are you talking about. That sounds suspect as fuck.

What extra shots would have happened? His opponent celebrated prematurely and was on the other side of the octagon with his hands in the air and his back turned. If Dan waited 2-4 more seconds the round would have ended and Overeem wouldn't have gotten hit any more than he was which makes the stoppage terrible.
Yea you are right. Given the circumstances of the fighter stepping away and only 4 seconds left, I think you are right he should of just let the round end.

He got up & wobbled into the cage on unsteady feet. He was done & any competent referee in the world would have stopped it too.
Reem fans just wanna watch the world burn

If Rozen didnt walked out and continued hitting reem, i'm sure the ref would not stop that fight that early, he got brained by the fighter walking out like it was over already

ref fault 100%

Why are the people arguing for Reem's safety not acknowledging that Reem was in no immediate threat and had eyes focused on opponent the whole time? It was a nice "sittDown!" punch but thats about it. Had rosenCruix continued wailing the ref would have allowed a few seconds of strikes (as long as Reem was covering) before waving it off -he literally got sold by the walkoff.

Also why Reem gave up on his High Guard which was working really well is beyond me. As well as kicks -the guy threw less kicks than a wrestler.

Back