Dare I say, Reem just got robbed?

Fighter safety?
I don't think a pro mma fighter is in much trouble if he's getting up immediately from a one punch knockdown and his opponent is on the other side of the cage.....

This is mma right ?
He got up & wobbled into the cage on unsteady feet. He was done & any competent referee in the world would have stopped it too.

Would rather the rules get followed since this is a sanctioned sport.

You should YouTube bum fights then.
This sport was created to find out who is the better fighter. The essence of the sport and the integrity of the sport are compromised when a koed fighter gets saved by the bell and ends up winning a fight.

The only bums I see are you and your flawed logic.

Personally I could accept a changed ruleset in order to minimize CTE.
You lose if you get knocked down and it's obvious that you're so dazed that you don't manage to put your hands out to stop the fall.

But that's a pretty far cry from the current ruleset.

As it stands - a bad knockdown isn't enough to get a KO.
He wouldn't of landed shit. The fight was literally over as soon as he turned around. There was like 1.3 seconds left
I agree.
All the arguments about preventing future lip damage and preventing future punches kinda went out the window when he turned away with seconds remaining before the ref had officially stopped the fight.

PS: Sorry for being a grammar nazi but you should write "wouldn't have" and not "wouldn't of". (In speech it often sounds like people say "wouldn't of", but that's just how it sounds. Cause if you think about it - the word "of" doesn't actually make sense in the context)

Last edited:
Great stoppage. Another shot or two when Reem was down could've easily resulted in a chunk of Reems face flying into the crowd.

Why, why, why do people keep saying "another shot or two"? Dan didn't dive in front of a fighter going for the kill; he waved it off after two seconds of consideration while the aggressor was turned in the opposite direction.

If Dan stands there and does nothing, the bell rings and Overeem takes no more damage. None.

Personally I could accept a changed ruleset in order to minimize CTE.
You lose if you get knocked down and it's obvious that you're so dazed that you don't manage to put your hands out to stop the fall.

But that's a pretty far cry from the current ruleset.

As it stands - a bad knockdown isn't enough to get a KO.
I agree.
All the arguments about preventing future lip damage and preventing future punches kinda went out the window when he turned away with seconds remaining before the ref had officially stopped the fight.

PS: Sorry for being a grammar nazi but it's "wouldn't have" not "wouldn't of". (I know it sounds like the latter when spoken. But if you think about it those words don't actually make sense in combination)

You've got about four separate points I'd like to upvote, but the system only lets me give you one.

I think it would have been a draw but I agree the stoppage was terrible.

Great stoppage.

The ref isn't supposed to take the score cards or the round timer into account when deciding whether or not to stop the fight. The immediate fighter safety is the only factor, and if they get one punch dropped, attempt to stand, and wobble all over the place like a baby deer, they are not safe to continue, imo.

How was the fight stopped due to fighter safety? Overeem was standing and his opponent was on the other side of the octagon with his back turned and his hands in the air. Overeem was in no danger of being hit when the fight was stopped.

Terrible stoppage.

He tried to stand and fell all over, then Dan stopped it. Clear and appropriate stoppage.

He did not fall whatsoever after he stood back up, his legs were shaky but that's not a reason to stop an MMA fight, especially when his opponent is on the other side of the octagon with his back turned and his hands in the air.

The fighter should at least get a chance to show if he can or cannot defend intelligently. Even if he's getting hit in the face if he is trying to avoid it, the fight should go on. The ref never gave Overeem the chance to show intelligent defense. Also if a fighter does a walk away KO the downed fighter should get an 8 count. If the fighter gets right back up its not a KO.

Did you see his lip? He lost that fight. Get over it.

The fight was not stopped due to the lip and refs cannot stop fights due to cuts. Damn, how many people watch MMA that don't have a clue how it works.

Dan screwing over two dutch fighters in 1 night.
Maybe next week he can let GDR hit Amanda a few times after the bell and we call it even.

If the fight had continued for 4 seconds, Overeem was walking out of that arena a UD winner. Bizarre, the fight game! However, he was done - he was absolutely fucked when he stood up, it was a good stoppage in my opinion. I predicted Overeem by submission in the 2nd round, so I'm not biased. Bigi Boi deserved it. Huge right hand.

Dude, Rozen was walking away WAYYYY before Dan even touched him.

For your sake, watch the fuckin replay. You're going off on a point THAT ISN'T TRUE.
Rozen walk away because he saw miragliotta run to stop, overeem was badly hurt and defenseless, he is the only to bias here, go to cry to mommy kid

Great stoppage.

The ref isn't supposed to take the score cards or the round timer into account when deciding whether or not to stop the fight. The immediate fighter safety is the only factor, and if they get one punch dropped, attempt to stand, and wobble all over the place like a baby deer, they are not safe to continue, imo.

But there was like 2 seconds left and Rozen was nowhere near Overeem, so what was he protecting Reem from in that instance?

Bad stoppage.

It's true.

Rosenstruik walked away after landing that right hand, thinking he separated Overeem from his consciousness, which he did NOT.

Reem got flashed KOd but popped right back up as time had already expired.

Mirgliatta , I think was sold by Rosenstruik walking off like that which swayed him in the moment to stop the fight...There was also like 2 seconds left as Rozen turned around and Reem was already getting back up so he wouldn't of landed any GNP on Reem either way you slice it. Dan just happened to stop it right before the final bell.

Had Dan not been a dumbass to stop that fight, Reem would of won a well deserved and hard fought decision.

Also,
I'm not a huge Overeem fan so no I'm not being bias, and I also don't wanna hear about "bro you wanted to see him get killed on the ground"....

I wanted to see a DEFINITIVE finish and that WASN'T IT.

REEM GOT ROBBED

Reminded me of Spider vs. Ping when he flash ko'd ping and walked off but Herb didn't stop it.

Back