Daniel Cormier: I needed that extra push from Cain"

Let's not drop the 'B' word without due cause.

Most of the time people make excuses they're just rationalizing to themselves, but DC in this case seemed to make an honest and humble assessment of his performance and where he could have done better.

Doesn't a man get to explain himself anymore?

So YOU must be the idiot. Even though Cocaine is a stupid drug to ever take it is not a PED and not banned. He obviously didnt test positive for anything else or that would have been even bigger news than the Cocaine use.

well its not recognized as a ped yet. i can say it does give someone an edge

Can't wait to see him back.

"I didn't fight to my potential" <= this is an excuse, not matter how you slice it.

You think I'm gonna just sit here and let you call me an ass?

Second part of your post made me lol

And no, it's not an excuse. He didn't fight to his potential, but he blamed HIMSELF for how he fought. When he takes the blame himself, that isn't an excuse. No sane/competent fighter would ever think they fought their best in a loss like that. All fighters have to believe they're better than how they perform when they lose.

His wrestling was fine. He should focus on cardio

Getting brutally kneed in the midsection, tends to have an effect on the old gas tank. It was the first fight he took real damage in, it was always going to be an eye opener.

TS Title Is***Fixed***

knee-coke_zpsgrotyxlj.gif

Lol.

Jones: "take this danny boy..this will make u cut as low as 185."

"You rebuild yourself brick by brick"

HA!!!!!!!

Testing low is NOT unusual. He just got done with a very intense training camp and fight. So I'm not surprised they were low.

No sir.
These were the results from the Dec. 4th test. T/E ratio of .29/1, well outside the 95th percentile.
You should spend a moment reading about it. It is the most interesting bit of information to come out of this mess.

wow, so literally 99.9% of fighters who lose, when asked about that loss, make excuses?

Yes.

Which is why there's nothing wrong with doing so.

It's just that the excuses can be more or less ridiculous.

I Honestly think Jones won that fight 4-1 rounds but in every round DC has his shining moments - that is when he keeps throwing punches. It makes Jones think twice. He needs to avoid the knees to the body because I think he really ran out of air from Jones body strikes. If he let Jones push him to the cage then he will lose again.

His kicks are actually quite poor, he loses balance, they are sloppy and easily caught (as it hapenned against JJ).

That's a shame cuz kicks are important when there is a reach disadvantage. I thinks low-kicks would be useful against JJ: Destroy his chicken legs and kill his superior movement.

Yes.

Which is why there's nothing wrong with doing so.

It's just that the excuses can be more or less ridiculous.

Yea, but Mr FallonFox claims Cormiers is at a brazilian level, which I find to be ridiculous. :eek:

I have no doubt that Cain being injured during DC's training camp had an effect on how strong his pace could have been. Those two guys push each other to entirely different levels.

I do hope next time around that Cain is able to train with DC all the way up until his fight. Would love to see Daniel be champion one day. Neat guy.

Back