Daniel Cormier: I needed that extra push from Cain"

His confidence is gone, he sounds like a broken man. He won't be fighting for the title again. Too bad, he is a fun fighter.

His confidence is gone, he sounds like a broken man. He won't be fighting for the title again. Too bad, he is a fun fighter.

He's starting to get up there in age. He'll probably win one more, but I can't imagine him hanging with the top of the division for long. Expect him to move back to HW soon after where the average age is older.

My original post had nothing to do with Jones.
It was to the guy who said DC was a class act. Lol.
Nothing could be further than the truth.

DC aint no angel. The guy is very full of himself sometimes, but he beats Jones in a personality contest any day (which this isn't)

DC aint no angel. The guy is very full of himself sometimes, but he beats Jones in a personality contest any day (which this isn't)

Yeah i can agree Jones is no angel either.
He's probably a bad guy to be honest.

I just care about fighting nothing else ��

He's starting to get up there in age. He'll probably win one more, but I can't imagine him hanging with the top of the division for long. Expect him to move back to HW soon after where the average age is older.

He . hasn't shown signs of slowing down. He also did the best against Jones imo (yes better than Gus because Danny had such a disatvantage in reach, took hardly any damage and fought a highly motivated bones) and he hasn't taken damage in his fights. And Daniel is not that old.

Look at Couture and AS

He . hasn't shown signs of slowing down. He also did the best against Jones imo (yes better than Gus because Danny had such a disatvantage in reach, took hardly any damage and fought a highly motivated bones) and he hasn't taken damage in his fights. And Daniel is not that old.

Look at Couture and AS

He hasn't lost a single round in the UFC until losing by unanimous decision by Jones. That isn't proof of anything, but it's certainly a sign. I don't see how you can say he did better than Gus. Gus lost a razor thin decision, but there is nobody arguing who won this fight. DC certainly had a bigger challenge, but that doesn't mean he nearly beat Jones like Gus did.

Also, I didn't call DC old I just meant that he's at the tail end of his prime right now. DC isn't getting an immediate rematch so he'll be 36 to 38 if/when he faces Jones again wheareas Jones will still be in his best years.

Unlike most people I found DC v Jones to be very entertaining and would love a rematch, but I just don't see that happening.

You can very well argue that DC did better than Gus purely by virtue of taking way less damage.

Gus was rocked badly against Jones and almost finished. DC just got tired and they started hugging each other lol.

Thought it was a weird thing to say. I know he didn't mean it but it kinda sounded like he was indirectly blaming his training partners.

If DC wants to beat Jones is needs to do the following:

Work on Cardio, Work on Boxing/Kickboxing, Work on Greco/Thai Clinch game. Get knee surgery done.

Study Jones fight, take time before rematch, don't rush it like the UFC loves to do. Win 2-3 fights, and go back at it when your ready. I'm looking forward to a rematch, I don't want it to be butched.

DC is physically a 36 year old man and Jon Jones is 27. He will never have the cardio to compete with Jon at the same pace for the same duration. He would have had that cardio had he been in the prime of his physical life.

That said if DC is to fight Jon again in the next two years I am definitely turning in.

Back