Media Daniel Cormier: "I love what Jones is doing" in trying to duck Aspinall

DC is just saying this to make himself look better. The more invincible that Jones appears, the less of detriment it is losing to him twice.

Which is rich considering Fatso tried to duck the entire HW division for a Brock fight that never happened
DC fought Rumble, Jonesx2, Stipex3, Hendo and Frank Mir despite starting mma in his 30s….you are really gonna hold not fighting Brock over his head…he fought all those assassins, I genuinely doubt he would be afraid of a meathead like Lesnar…

That's one of the most backhanded compliments I've ever seen, Daniel's out there sounding like an auntie at Easter lunch.

DC is just saying this to make himself look better. The more invincible that Jones appears, the less of detriment it is losing to him twice.
No, he's not.

DC is calling things exactly the way it is, and exactly how it is playing out. If anything, this is one of the rare times DC doesn't try to make it about him or include himself in a situation.

Jones is 100% trying to cherry pick easy opponents, and he is absolutely ducking Aspinall. No one believes the Miocic/Jones fight is a worthy title fight given the current UFC landscape except Jones, Dana and Miocic. That alone ought to tell you all you need to know.

Has nothing to do with flavors of the month you maybe missed actual fights happened. Blaydes broke Tom's leg so nobody cared to see him fight Jon. Then Pav ko Blaydes and people were excited about him fighting Jones. Tom has now ko Pav so everyone wants him to fight Jones not the guy who suffered a ko loss.
You just defined flavor of the month.

DC is just saying this to make himself look better. The more invincible that Jones appears, the less of detriment it is losing to him

Makes no sense.

He's already beaten Miocic the guy hes fighting, and he doesnt like Jones so he has no reason to blow smoke up his cheating roiding wife beating ass

DC would know.

He himself already once fled to HW to avoid defending against Jones (again).
Jones made sure DC was retired before going to HW

He even said as much

Jones made sure DC was retired before going to HW

He even said as much
What an excellent strawman.

Meanwhile, in something that actually happened, DC was the reigning LHW champion when Jon returned and DC refused to defend against him so they had to make Jon vs Gus 2 for the vacant belt instead.

Then the night before he was to be stripped DC pettily vacated the title himself so that history wouldn't officially record him as having been stripped.

"I’d rather walk away this way, with my head held high as it always has been, than have the history books say I was stripped."

What an excellent strawman.

Meanwhile, in something that actually happened, DC was the reigning LHW champion when Jon returned and DC refused to defend against him so they had to make Jon vs Gus 2 for the vacant belt instead.

Then the night before he was to be stripped DC pettily vacated the title himself so that history wouldn't officially record him as having been stripped.

"I’d rather walk away this way, with my head held high as it always has been, than have the history books say I was stripped."

And his head has been held high ever since like the champchamphugehugeballsballs that he is

And his head has been held high ever since like the champchamphugehugeballsballs that he is
Yes, huge balls to fight Lewis instead of the returning Jones.

Even though that's the complete opposite of DC's quote in the OP where DC says you just need to take away these guys power and they're much less risky fights than fighting complete fighters.

Even though that's the complete opposite of DC's quote in the OP where DC says you just need to take away these guys power and they're much less risky fights than fighting complete fighters.
They asked DC on a months notice to fight Lewis to save the MSG card. Short notice defense of a belt. Something Jones would know nothin about. Why should DC do Jones any favors anyway after he juiced himself out of UFC 200

They asked DC on a months notice to fight Lewis to save the MSG card
And Jon was already known to returning before that given his suspension was coming up. In fact he was even eligible to compete as well by this point.

DC decided he instead wouldn't go back down to LHW.
Short notice defense of a belt. Something Jones would know nothin about.
Jones vs Vitor says hi. As does Jones vs Machida 2 which was the initial fight that card until Machida turned it down so Jon accepted Vitor who took it.

Also Jones vs Cormier when Cormier replaced the injured Gus until Jon also got injured and their fight moved to a full notice bout a few months later.

Also I'm guessing you specifically said title defence so you could avoid that Jones vs Shogun and Jones vs OSP, two title bouts, were short notice.
Why should DC do Jones any favors anyway after he juiced himself out of UFC 200
Cause DC was the reigning LHW champion and had an obligation to defend that belt.

Take away defending against Jones if you really want, but then you're just left with him also refusing to defend against Gus 2 instead of Jones. Gus who happens to be the only other guy who'd given him a tough fight at that point.

I think DC is getting a kick out of this because knows Jones is making an ass of himself. Real fighters don't look at this and think "smart decision". They're thinking "whatever happened to the great Jon Jones? He ain't that guy anymore".

Last edited:
And Jon was already known to returning before that given his suspension was coming up. In fact he was even eligible to compete as well by this point.

DC decided he instead wouldn't go back down to LHW.

Jones vs Vitor says hi. As does Jones vs Machida 2 which was the initial fight that card until Machida turned it down so Jon accepted Vitor who took it.

Also Jones vs Cormier when Cormier replaced the injured Gus until Jon also got injured and their fight moved to a full notice bout a few months later.

Also I'm guessing you specifically said title defence so you could avoid that Jones vs Shogun and Jones vs OSP, two title bouts, were short notice.

Cause DC was the reigning LHW champion and had an obligation to defend that belt.

Take away defending against Jones if you really want, but then you're just left with him also refusing to defend against Gus 2 instead of Jones. Gus who happens to be the only other guy who'd given him a tough fight at that p

“I’m a realist,” Jones said. “Daniel Cormier is a special athlete and anyone can be beat. I think my greatest chance of losing would be to a guy like Daniel Cormier. We’d be giving him a power and strength advantage over me; it just doesn’t make sense.

“Right now, I make light heavyweight very easily, and it would just make no sense to fight a guy who, I think, technically (is) on your level and to give him a size advantage. I’m not doing it. I’m sure my fans don’t like to hear me talk like that, but that’s just me being a realist – and being respectful of Daniel’s abilities.”

WAY more balls than your coward EVER showed - a full decade hiding from HW.​

With his second-round submission victory over Derrick Lewis, Cormier pushed his record to 15-0 in the big boy division, which includes 10 victories by way of stoppage and four straight wins when competing in the Octagon as a heavyweight.

Jon's hiding from all, YES EVERY HW, earned a cheating legacy confirmed by all watching his gutless year after year conduct that continues to this day.

Last edited:
Back