• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana's excuse for not letting GSP fight for the title at 155 shows he hates GSP

no im not a betting person but yes khabib wins easy at 155. that why conor is hiding under his bed 2

Conor is afraid I agree. But GSP would embarass Khabib. Anyone who knows and understand mma knows it.

Bisping wasn't fighting contenders. I'm not sure, but i thought Yoel popped and Bobby was injured. So Hendo stepped in. Not sure when GSP started talking to ufc to fight. After Bispinf beat Luke, after Hendo, whenever, but a lot of people were saying GSP was losing to Bisping. Saying he was too big and would beat GSP. I'm a GSP fan, and thought Mike had a chance of beating him. In hind sight, GSP cherry picked. I don't think he'd fought at MW if someone else was champ, but Bisping was still a tough fight at the time.
Anyways the division is good and the top 2 guys fought a year later. Bispings gone and so is GSP.
GSP came back for a money fight and Bisping was a name. that fight sold.

Actually according to rumors GSP talked to the ufc to challenge for the MW belt when Rockhold held the belt.

Actually according to rumors GSP talked to the ufc to challenge for the MW belt when Rockhold held the belt.
GSP cherry picked one eyed soon to be retired Ping.

He wanted nothing to do with any other MW hence why he ran from MW in record time.

If Conor beats Khabib they will 100% make his defense against GSP.

If...

If Conor beats Khabib they will 100% make his defense against GSP.

If...

I can't see this happening unless Conor planned on vacating the belt and retiring soon.

If Conor can beat Khabib, that means the division is wide open for Conor to defend his belt many times. That's hundreds of millions of potential revenue. GSP could very well beat Conor if they fought and then what? It's highly unlikely for GSP to stick around to defend. The UFC would be better off having Conor defend his belt multiple times over a single big PPV with GSP.

He's not letting GSP fight for the 155 belt because GSP said he would defend the 185 title and then vacated.

We all knew GSP would do that but apparently he made an agreement with Dana that he wouldn't. You don't tell Dana that you are going to do something and don't. That seems like a big pet peeve of his.
had him had a fight with bobby knuckles he'd be fighting for the 155 belt.

besides being one of the goats, gsp is a diva and didn't want to risk adding a L to his record. gsp fans have to admit this.

Dana hates any fighter he can't control and GSP is now that

That's why he hates Fedor, Conor these days, Nate Diaz etc. If you won't do exactly what he says he throws a little baby tantrum and tries to shit on you in the media

WME and UFC need GSP more than he needs them and GSP knows that. He knows he has leverage and he's not being pushed around and Dana hates it

<31>
My boss hates when he can't control me too. The nerve of that guy.

GSP isn't making 155 anyway

so lets end that discussion

Well how do we know he can make LW? Edgar was a tiny LW and can probably make BW if he put his mind to it, it made sense to have him move down and fight Aldo for the belt.

You seriously are taking nuthuggery to a completely new and delusional level. So the sole purpose for Dana not letting GSP move down to LW is because he doesn’t want him to be the GOAT? Ok Mr Tinfoil hat. Perhaps the core reason is because GSP fucked the UFC over (and rightfully so) when he vacated the MW belt. Why would you as the boss and promoter let that happen again?

I doubt it is hate. He knows GSP has a very good chance of beating Khabib, And after that, he retires, And Khabib is damaged goods. Very bad for the UFC..

I can't see this happening unless Conor planned on vacating the belt and retiring soon.

If Conor can beat Khabib, that means the division is wide open for Conor to defend his belt many times. That's hundreds of millions of potential revenue. GSP could very well beat Conor if they fought and then what? It's highly unlikely for GSP to stick around to defend. The UFC would be better off having Conor defend his belt multiple times over a single big PPV with GSP.

This is my theory.
AFAIK Conor has three fights left on his contract and he wants them to be Khabib -> GSP -> Nate 3 -> retire.
There is literally nobody else in the UFC (that he could feasibly fight) who is big enough to be the B side to Conor now. Only those three guys.
There's plenty of guys who could beat him in a fight but, apart from those three, there's literally only Jon Jones or Ronda who are "big" enough to fight Conor (maybe DC).
This is the reason his lay off has been so long. It's not that he doesn't want to fight, he doesn't want to fight PPV scrubs. He had to wait around because he was "ducking" Tony not Khabib. Tony can easily beat him and nobody bar the hardcore MMA fan wants to see that fruit-loop.
People don't get Conor when they say he's scared. He's not afraid to take an L and none of these PRO fighters are scared of a beating.
He knows he has the option, if he takes an L against Khabib, he can go straight to Nate3 and then retire.
The guy said he was going to check out early so you won't see 5+ title defenses.

Conor is afraid I agree. But GSP would embarass Khabib. Anyone who knows and understand mma knows it.

at 170 gsp beats khabib but at 155 khabib wins hands down.

notcice how gsp not talking about a 155 fight any more.gsp should of used the 155 diaz fight to see how he feel if a made 155 to start with

GSP cherry picked one eyed soon to be retired Ping.

He wanted nothing to do with any other MW hence why he ran from MW in record time.

Same Bisping that beat Anderson.

Stay salty my friend

It's probably because he doesn't want another situation to happen where a fighter wins the belt and vacates it since GSP has done that twice and that has happened to the ufc already with Mcgregor

Plus as you get older weight cutting gets much harder so it is a risk, who knows if he can make 155 when he just fought at 185. UFC likely doesn't want to risk another situation to happen again where someone completely out of a division jumps in, wins the belt then vacates it

Then it was pretty stupid to let Cormier fight. He’ll retire two more belts.

That will be:
HW, LHW - Cormier (Jones)
MW, WW - GSP
LW, FW - McGregor

Good thing Cruz came back. Otherwise, MM could have finished the last division, when he retires.
Kinda crazy!

Back