Media Dana "you've got to take it from the champion!"

I mean there's more than a few examples of champions being unseated by razor close decisions soooo there really isn't any standard at all modern day to that view point.

True, but at the same time, people in those instances sometimes refer to the notion that you have to take the belt from the champion to cry fowl. In the boxing world, people did this in regards to Bernard Hopkins being unseated by Jermain Taylor back in the day.

True, but at the same time, people in those instances sometimes refer to the notion that you have to take the belt from the champion to cry fowl. In the boxing world, people did this in regards to Bernard Hopkins being unseated by Jermain Taylor back in the day.
Oh yeah people lean on it all the time. Just such a strawman argument in my eyes. If there was consistency to it probably wouldn't bother me, as borderline ties probably should go to the champ anyways. But unfortunately there isn't so it dosen't really mean a lot in my eyes when using it as justification when I can name examples off the top of my head where that just wasn't factual. But hey what can ya do, me whining about it likely isn't going to change it.

Yet we have same Tuf morons who keeps wording Dana White never leave a fight in the hands of the judges

Its a fantasy

You cant score a fight that way.

IF you score it round by round,like its supposed to be,then this take it from the champion BULLSHIT should never come into play. This isnt pro wrestling motherfucker.

agreed but there is a bias in judging in ALL SPORTS towards big name fighters / performers

Decisions are lame...
<CanYouSeeMeNow>
@Soul On Ice

Commentators these days are talking about score like we are watching football and not violence...
<Kpop01><{1-1}>

If you come strong at the end you show championship heart which Santos,Gus.Hendricks.Condit and Reyes and Reyes never showed

Combat sports are the only sports where your points scored are not confirmed and shown on some scoreboard for all to see.

This is why, traditionally, you have to clearly beat a champion to take his title.

If you come strong at the end you show championship heart which Santos,Gus.Hendricks.Condit and Reyes and Reyes never showed

Coming strong in the first 3 rounds doesn't count, just the last two?

we can't blame the casuals for this one, even they know who really won

Well, right or wrong, the basis in reality is the fact that judges and the public have been influenced by that thinking for decades and decades. It may be wrong-headed and unfair, but it is a real thing.
However if you speak it sherdog turns to you foaming at the mouth screaming its dumb. Also if you leave the lasting impression of you wilting against a champ at the end of a close fight you get what you get. It isnt that deep

Coming strong in the first 3 rounds doesn't count, just the last two?
They are not called championship round for nothing.

How can you call yourself a champ when you fade/cruise in the championship rounds?

Reyes didn't want it bad enough, should have been moving forward in rd 5 not running away.

Personally, I thought Reyes won it. HOWEVER, as with Oscar de la Hoya vs (I think it was) Felix Trinidad back in the day, I don't believe in protecting your lead and cruising or running when you're ahead on points. De la Hoya lost that fight, even though most thought he was well ahead, and it was for protecting his lead in the latter rounds.

My personal opinion is that if a contender wants to win a championship fight 48-47, then the three rounds need to be pretty fucking obvious. Not that this is relevant to Jones/Reyes. Jon clearly won three rounds, with another being close.

Its a fantasy

You cant score a fight that way.

IF you score it round by round,like its supposed to be,then this take it from the champion BULLSHIT should never come into play. This isnt pro wrestling motherfucker.

THANK YOU !!!!!

Don't care if Reyes "looked tired" in the last two rounds.

Back