Dana White: 'We are limited only by my imagination'

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Titleboxe, Jun 18, 2019.

1. Titleboxe

Titleboxe Purple Belt

For the past two months Dana White has been relentlessly promoting and spouting off on the way in which he is 'going to unveil the future of fighting' and change the entire sporting landscape for all of eternity or something (check this thread for more info).

Well folks, 'the future' is finally here, unfortunately it looks like Dana will first have to go back to the past and check whether he even said anything about any futures:

Dana White: "I haven't said anything big other than that so it must have been this, yeah, I think when I said I'm gonna show you guys the future of fighting, I was talking about the Apex"

The UFC Apex facility officially opened its doors today, the 134,000 square-foot production facility will be home to Dana White’s Tuesday Night Contender Series as well as any form of competition or entertainment show that Dana sees fit or wants, including; Jiu-Jitsu tournaments, boxing fights, comedy shows and various events not exclusive to UFC.

Craig Bosari (UFC VP of Operations & production): "We needed something that was custom build for us, the ability to flip a switch and on a moments notice put on events and create content. As this started to come together.. in the architectural designs we realized it doesn't have to be sports, it can be entertainment, it can be concerts, comedy shows."

Reporter: "What everyone is holding over your head is 'I am going to show you guys the future of fighting' why is this.. I mean it is obviously a beautiful facility.."

Dana White: "Because there has never been a place that's been built and designed for fighting, I mean we can go to the nicest arenas in the world, the O2 in London, you can go to MSG, you can go down right the street here to T-Mobile, none of them were designed for fighting, this place is built and designed for fighting, these young guys that come in tonight and throughout the rest of the contender series will never fight in a nicer venue, one that is actually laid out for fighting and thought of and designed for fighting, you'll see the warm-up rooms, the bathrooms, the showers, ummmm the extra warm-up space if we have bigger fights... cut men, I mean there is a cut-men room with.. you know, usually we are in a room that they give us and the cutman brings whatever is in his bag this place will be stocked with everything that they need and the list goes on and on."

Dana White: “UFC APEX is going to be a massive game changer for combat sports and for UFC. We are limited only by my imagination, when you think of where we started and where we are now, it’s pretty incredible, but we haven’t even scratched the surface of how big this will become.”

2. AimedWithV

AimedWithV Wound in the Force

It sounds like bathrooms and showers are some kind of a technological breakthrough for MMA world....

Timurd123, Humongo, Roljo and 29 others like this.
  3. gotBooched

gotBooched maximus entertainus

We are limited by the Baldfathers unwillingness to let actual contenders compete for belts

leto1776, Toco, Phisher and 46 others like this.
  4. FighterTwister

FighterTwister Green Belt

So where is the tour..............incomplete LoL

5. Rexual Chocolate

Rexual Chocolate It's Rexual, baby Platinum Member

Baldfather bless your bum ass life

6. Dr Who

Dr Who Hmm

Guess we are pretty limited then...

7. Slatersan

Slatersan Brown Belt

This MFer thinks hes Willy Wonka all of a sudden..

8. 2004 account

2004 account Supporting real mma

Actually it is his ego that can set him back and has in the past. But whatever, this is Dana we are talking about...someone that has lied more on record than the current potus lol

9. ianferguson

ianferguson Orange Belt

Dana's "imagination" has corn in it...

[​IMG]

10. Craig Hogg

Craig Hogg geordie4life

I'd be so pissed off if I purchased a company for billions of dollars and still had this idiot as the figurehead.
    Thanks for everything Dana but please move on.

11. MMun

MMun Black Belt

Business as usual, Dana bragging but doing good things for the sport. It is what it is.

12. Rebel_LioN

Rebel_LioN Yellow Card Yellow Card

We are limited to only his idea that fighters should only get paid a fraction of the UFC profits that get spent on huge facilities to further exploit athletes.

13. Oooxente

Oooxente Black Belt

Fuck all the BS.
    All we really need is get rid of USADA,get Joe Silva back as matchmaker and put on a manager who don’t play favorites for one while he throws other under the bus on a whim.

14. Titleboxe

Titleboxe Purple Belt

Frankly I was more excited for this:

[​IMG]

The future of KB 'training'

Lax617, Roljo, GordoBarraBJJ and 6 others like this.
  15. PlayTheGame

PlayTheGame Purple Belt

Dana is truly ahead of his time, what a brilliant mind, game changer right here, we're not worthy.

What will he think of next? Horseless carriages? Automated mobiles?

16. theblackknight

theblackknight Purple Belt

Unfortunately they are probably better off with Dana than without him, I don’t think WME has any idea what they are doing otherwise they wouldn’t keep extending his contract. Truth is most MMA promotions fail when they try to be premiere orgs (smaller shows can survive because they are far less costly to produce) and Dana has helped keep the UFC going. Pride, Strikeforce, EliteXC, Affliction and others have come and gone, orgs like OneFC aren’t turning a profit, it sucks but I’ll take Dana over nothing.

17. sherdogwantedtonamemekiki

sherdogwantedtonamemekiki Paint thinner smells really good

His inagination is pretty limited, so this is probably going to turn out mediocre.

18. KootenayKid

KootenayKid Brown Belt

I think that sounds pretty cool actually.

Melas Chasma likes this.
  19. hillelslovak87

hillelslovak87 Gold Belt

Dana White is the living embodiment of

What is the reflection of a mind discarded?

20. avenue94

avenue94 Blue Belt

This is so true considering Dana's imagination is quite limited these days