Dana White: "UFC 196 broke the record last time, 202 is trending to break it again"

Isn't there a thread saying the seats aren't even sold out yet?

Considering the effort McGregor went to to try and force his way back on that card? Yes, yes I do.

He went to the Fertitta's and demanded more money... they said no and called his bluff. He tweeted he was ''retiring'', so the UFC moved to replace him as the main event for UFC 200 because they still had a show to put on.

It wasn't until after being removed from the event the issue of ''press obligations'' came up. It was a smoke screen so Conor didn't come off as being greedy and overbearing, and tried to deflect the negative press and lay the blame on the UFC's shoulders rather than admit his own fault in the matter.

Beyond all that, if you're going to be a pro fighter and headline a card while being well-paid for it, press duties should be expected and owed to the promoter. It was never an issue when he was winning, only after he lost. I don't buy the ''press obligations'' excuse what so ever. He pushed, the UFC pushed back harder, and Conor was put in his place.

It wasn't until after being replaced that Conor lobbied hard to get back onto the card. Ironically, you said it yourself, he tried to ''force'' his way back onto the card. Lesnar was a proven draw, so they used that as leverage to get Conor back in check and under control.

He went to the Fertitta's and demanded more money... they said no and called his bluff. He tweeted he was ''retiring'', so the UFC moved to replace him as the main event for UFC 200 because they still had a show to put on.

It wasn't until after being removed from the event the issue of ''press obligations'' came up. It was a smoke screen so Conor didn't come off as being greedy and overbearing, and tried to deflect the negative press and lay the blame on the UFC's shoulders rather than admit his own fault in the matter.

Beyond all that, if you're going to be a pro fighter and headline a card while being well-paid for it, press duties should be expected and owed to the promoter. It was never an issue when he was winning, only after he lost. I don't buy the ''press obligations'' excuse what so ever. He pushed, the UFC pushed back harder, and Conor was put in his place.

It wasn't until after being replaced that Conor lobbied hard to get back onto the card. Ironically, you said it yourself, he tried to ''force'' his way back onto the card. Lesnar was a proven draw, so they used that as leverage to get Conor back in check and under control.

And you know this how?..

it's these ridiculous fake projections. it's TRENDING to break it again? what does that mean? Nobody knows what that means.

Sorry Dana but this rematch is not trending anywhere.

So that means the PPV is trending downwards alarmingly.

Of course it will. Conor haters are even more invested in this fight than his fans.

tSWUqbE.png

Biggest draw in the history of the sport, haters are livid.

It's so weird that you lot love to brag about how a guy sells and how much money he makes.

Wasn't there a report just a few weeks ago that said there were still a lot of tickets left? Like 30% for 40%?
Report? you mean some Sherdog poster thinks it was about 30%-40% via looking at ticketmaster or some ticket site and this is considered a report?

Weird how nobody officially recognized this "fact" prior to UFC 200 now since 202 is coming up its common knowledge.

UFC hype machine at work and all the sheep flock to it.

Oh, you actually believed the ''press conferences'' story?
as opposed to? Let me guess, some bullshit conspiracy story that Conor was afraid of Diaz or God knows who now? Yeah that's right i believe that McGregor wanted to do less so he could train more. Just common sense stuff really but you carry on.

Back