Dana White: "UFC 196 broke the record last time, 202 is trending to break it again"

Wasn't there a report just a few weeks ago that said there were still a lot of tickets left? Like 30% for 40%?

T-Mobile is a bigger venue by about 3k seats, I think, than MGM. 30% would put it below sell out at MGM, but I highly doubt this event won't pass the 17k seats of capacity at MGM.

Also, I think the irish fans have gotten travel fatigue especially after the 200 fiasco but they'll be there with PPV buys I bet.

This will come close to 2 million imo, once they come face to face it will explode like last time only this time they have months of history and everyone anticipating this fight.

I know alot and I mean alot of casuals who will be tuning in for this. People who ordinarily never watch UFC. Conor is a mega start right now in terms of popularity. People who don't even know what UFC is ask me questions about Conor. And they say stuff like "what kind of fighting is that? it's dangerous isn't it, guys throwing elbows and knees at eachother" And I just usually do the facepalm at that point. But still its cool to see how much interest it gets.

Have people been living under a rock? How can there still be people that don't know what mma is or the ufc? It's on all the time on fox channels. It's talked about all the time...

Have people been living under a rock? How can there still be people that don't know what mma is or the ufc? It's on all the time on fox channels. It's talked about all the time...
Doesn't mean they actually sit and watch the sport, or pay attention when it's being talked about. People have lives outside of mma, you know. Or maybe you don't.

I live in the UK. We don't really watch "fox" here lol

I-dont-believe-you.gif

This will come close to 2 million imo, once they come face to face it will explode like last time only this time they have months of history and everyone anticipating this fight.

And I think Nate gets $1 for every buy so that'd be close to a $3m payday for him.

And $7m for Conor as he gets $3 per buy I think.

And I think Nate gets $1 for every buy so that'd be close to a $3m payday for him.

And $7m for Conor as he gets $3 per buy I think.

I would guess both are making more than that. Conor reportedly made closer to 15 million for the first one, he might get 20 million for this one.

I would guess both are making more than that. Conor reportedly made closer to 15 million for the first one, he might get 20 million for this one.

There's also the sponsorship money to factor in. Conor has the elite Reebok deal and he has Monster Energy on his shorts.

I think most of the remaining tickets get sold this week, if not all. People were likely waiting to make sure Conor didn't do the diva thing and pull out of this card like he did at 200.

I think every semi big UFC event has been 'trending' to be the biggest ever. I would credit Nate and Holly a great deal in setting that record at 196, if thy did indeed set it.

I think most of the remaining tickets get sold this week, if not all. People were likely waiting to make sure Conor didn't do the diva thing and pull out of this card like he did at 200.

He didn't pull out of UFC 200, the UFC pulled him off it because he wouldn't do enough press conferences.

Better win. Conor will own this game if he can win, and keep this shit going. Mega paydays galore..

They stupidly yanked him, instead of letting him work it out another way. Conor not going to a presser means next to nothing. Who was not going to buy the fight because he blew off the presser?

Back