Dana White: "UFC 196 broke the record last time, 202 is trending to break it again"

He went to the Fertitta's and demanded more money... they said no and called his bluff. He tweeted he was ''retiring'', so the UFC moved to replace him as the main event for UFC 200 because they still had a show to put on.

It wasn't until after being removed from the event the issue of ''press obligations'' came up. It was a smoke screen so Conor didn't come off as being greedy and overbearing, and tried to deflect the negative press and lay the blame on the UFC's shoulders rather than admit his own fault in the matter.

Beyond all that, if you're going to be a pro fighter and headline a card while being well-paid for it, press duties should be expected and owed to the promoter. It was never an issue when he was winning, only after he lost. I don't buy the ''press obligations'' excuse what so ever. He pushed, the UFC pushed back harder, and Conor was put in his place.

It wasn't until after being replaced that Conor lobbied hard to get back onto the card. Ironically, you said it yourself, he tried to ''force'' his way back onto the card. Lesnar was a proven draw, so they used that as leverage to get Conor back in check and under control.
Great story any proof?

it's these ridiculous fake projections. it's TRENDING to break it again? what does that mean? Nobody knows what that means.
basically it looks to be more popular or there is more interest in it that the others he was talking about. Doesn't really mean anything beyond that though.

Lol. Dana is so full of it.

If it had broken the record he would talk about it non stop the week after the event. Specially good news like that when you're about to get sold.

Doesn't matter if seats aren't sold out. What matters is the prices of the seats that are being sold. UFC 200 didn't come close to selling out yet did a 10.7 million gate.

Weird how nobody officially recognized this "fact" prior to UFC 200 now since 202 is coming up its common knowledge.

UFC hype machine at work and all the sheep flock to it.

Say what?

Say what?

Speaking about the UFC, sorry I should have specified.

Yes, fans have said it all along but the UFC did not acknowledge it until right before 202.

There's also the sponsorship money to factor in. Conor has the elite Reebok deal and he has Monster Energy on his shorts.

Yeah no one knows for sure, but there are always rumors out there about actual payouts. Like how Jones missed out on 10 million at UFC 200.

Speaking about the UFC, sorry I should have specified.

Yes, fans have said it all along but the UFC did not acknowledge it until right before 202.

They probably didn't want Nate to know as he could use it as an argument of his worth in the negotiations.

It also wouldn't have make sense to release it while they had their little tiff with Conor. More power to him.

So you know they are? If no proof than stfu.
I'm not the one posting stupidity. What is the point in saying that there is a thread somewhere that says the seats aren't sold out. Are posts from random people on the internet which (in this case) the poster says that it looked like somewhere between x amount and x amount. Why would you reference this as some sort of evidence unless you can verify if it has at least some truth to it. So no i won't stfu and in future at least try to engage your brain before posting instead of pushing some unknowns rubbish as some sort of fact when its nothing of the sort.

Dana and his lies. UFC 196 did not break the record.

There's only two bouts I care about and maybe 3 (the rest of the PPV card) I don't give one shit about. UFC is pushing their luck with such a crap supporting cast.

I'm not the one posting stupidity. What is the point in saying that there is a thread somewhere that says the seats aren't sold out. Are posts from random people on the internet which (in this case) the poster says that it looked like somewhere between x amount and x amount. Why would you reference this as some sort of evidence unless you can verify if it has at least some truth to it. So no i won't stfu and in future at least try to engage your brain before posting instead of pushing some unknowns rubbish as some sort of fact when its nothing of the sort.
Ticketmaster speaks truth dummy. Take your wannabe smartass comments elsewhere.lol

Back