Dana White Says Stephen A. Smith Broke the Unwritten UFC Rule: Do Not Trash a Defeated UFC Fighter

I dont think I recall Dana shitting on someone after being stopped.

He shits on fighters for shit performances. Hence black beast Ngannou or Anthony Smith against Jones.

He shit on Cain for losing to JDS.

Dana talks trash about many UFC fighters.
Wether they just won or lost does not matter at all, so once again Dana is full of shit like on all the days of the week ending with "y".
He is the same lying, lowlife prick he always is.

Even though Dana doesn't really apply this "rule" to himself. I see his point.

It is actually one of the problems with some fighters. Every time they are being talked about, it's positive. Except from us nerds and other fighters.
It's like they can do no wrong, they don't have shit defense, they just get caught. They don't neglect their ground game, they had a lapse in concentration etc...
I think that's the difference and what prevents MMA from going really mainstream (and particularly the UFC). All other sports, there is no hesitation or problem with critiquing and pointing the faults and mistakes of the losing sides, whereas in MMA it's all about being nice. Maybe the fact it's individual makes it harder compared to team sports, but still, it's problematic because then, all the content developed around it basically is shilling. Just like pro-wrestling.
Its also cause boxing, kickboxing, and mma have the highest stakes. You dont play fighting. YES hockey, rugby and NFL have high injury rates and have occasional deaths and future brain damage is a possibility but boxing has the highest fatalies per year than all of the other sports put together. The respect the ufc shows its fighters is a result of that possibility of death. It could happen and its a damn miracle its never happened yet, in the ufc.

Lol seriously ?!?<45>
Dainah have a pile of dead bodies he threw under the bus over the years.
Hundreds of battered fighters with tires marks and Albuquerque plate numbers printed in their backs.

SAS is an idiot but he is a MMA ignorant idiot.
Dainah do it for malicious reasons and sometimes just because he can.

Cerrone deserved every bit of that for his "performance". He had given up before the fight started.

152f2970-4938-11ea-bfe3-579c86e77d8c

“One of the things when we bought and built the UFC that we always did, being fight fans ourselves. I’m a huge fight fan, Lorenzo [Fertitta] was a huge fight fan, Joe Rogan is a huge fight fan.

One of the things that we hated was on HBO boxing and some other boxing that they would do. Listen, you’re tuning in and buying the pay-per-view because you love these guys and you respect these fighters, and you’re a fan of the sport. The last thing you want to do is hear somebody ripping them apart.

“I’m not into it. Rogan is not into it. You don’t see that in the UFC. There will be times where I’m pissed off at a guy, and I’ll voice my opinion on what he did or whatever, or if a fight is really bad or somebody did something.

“But, what we don’t do is, when a fight is over and a guy loses, we don’t go in and rip them apart. It’s just not our style. We’re fans. We don’t do it. I think Rogan was reacting to that because that’s our philosophy here."

- MMAJunkie.com

Lol fuck off dana you lying piece of shit

He's talking about anderson who won.....

The argument is shitting on fighters who got finished.
actually that might be true has Dana insulted a fighter who was finished?

Lmao the bald goof trashed cain when he lost to velasquez on the first FOX card in like 30 secs or whatever

Well you know what they say; a man's greatest enemy is within himself.

Rogan is just annoyed that someone is taking the spotlight away from him. Fighters should be held accountable for poor performances and ESPN brings a lot of fans by causing debate. Saying fighter x was just the better fighter with a technical breakdown after every fight is stupid if their goal is to attract more casual fans.

After his interview, it raised some solid points which the casuals will talk about with their friends afterwards. Its how you build a brand.

Last edited:
That is funny comedy coming from Dana.

He even has perfected the way of shitting on winners if its not the outcome he wanted. Anyone remember him after GSP - Hendricks, or with Cyborg <Lmaoo> But loosers also get it from him like Hallman..etc In general Dana doesnt shit on fighters for performance but if he can make more money that way. Did not know that was more moral :D

Not to mention the countless abrasive comments about fighters who did not fight like he wanted. Dana behaves like a circus director for gladiators.

In his way thats fine but then playing the ultrasensible snowflake is just <45>

Looking at the image of them its really interesting how two very different looking men nowadays more and more look the same. The effect of using the same drugs.

Like cutting Gerard Harris who was on a three fight win/stoppage streak because he fought to survive after being severely concussed in the first round against Falcao?

It’s one thing being a pathological liar, it’s another being a dumb pathological lisr.

Mmmhmmm whatever you say, hypocrite.

"White agreed that Smoliakov and his 9-2 record (which included a pair of UFC bouts from a few years ago) had no business being inside the Octagon, though he refuted the notion that this was an opponent handpicked to make Hardy look good.
White agreed that Smoliakov and his 9-2 record (which included a pair of UFC bouts from a few years ago) had no business being inside the Octagon, though he refuted the notion that this was an opponent handpicked to make Hardy look good.

“I’m not gonna say that I loved that fight,” White said at the UFC Fort Lauderdale post-fight presser. “You guys know, I’ve been doing this for 20 years, we don’t do set-up fights for anybody. And if I was a fan and probably some of the media, the way some of the media acts, I would think that was—I don’t know who the f*ck that guy beat in nine fights, but I’d like to see the nine guys he beat. That was weird.”

Y’all have no reading comprehension and have zero idea what he’s taking about.

Man, people are soooo sensitve on Stephen A's commentary.

I'm sorry but I gotta call out Dana on this one. Did you not know who Stephen A was before hiring him as a commentator?

He used to RIP into Kwami Brown all the freakin time! That's what Stephen A does!

Deserve to be called out? It’s just a sport, man. Not the military. You really think guys like Rogan are snowflakes if they don’t appreciate an outsider throwing out disrespect? Stephen wasn’t being real, he was going for a highlight take.

I pray mma doesn’t turning into boxing with self indulgent commentators and shit matchmaking

So you're saying that this hasn't happened yet?

So you're saying that this hasn't happened yet?

No, as mma fans were pretty spoiled with how quickly they put together the fights we want to see, boxing not so much. And a lot of boxing commentators are rigid, full of themselves and bias.

Maybe it’s because it’s an old sport that’s set in its ways, but I find the air around mma is a lot more free thinking. Rogan might not be perfect, but he’s a good example of that. The way he calls a fight is a lot more appealing to me.

Back