Dana White Says Stephen A. Smith Broke the Unwritten UFC Rule: Do Not Trash a Defeated UFC Fighter

Are you shitting me with this hyp
152f2970-4938-11ea-bfe3-579c86e77d8c

“One of the things when we bought and built the UFC that we always did, being fight fans ourselves. I’m a huge fight fan, Lorenzo [Fertitta] was a huge fight fan, Joe Rogan is a huge fight fan.

One of the things that we hated was on HBO boxing and some other boxing that they would do. Listen, you’re tuning in and buying the pay-per-view because you love these guys and you respect these fighters, and you’re a fan of the sport. The last thing you want to do is hear somebody ripping them apart.

“I’m not into it. Rogan is not into it. You don’t see that in the UFC. There will be times where I’m pissed off at a guy, and I’ll voice my opinion on what he did or whatever, or if a fight is really bad or somebody did something.

“But, what we don’t do is, when a fight is over and a guy loses, we don’t go in and rip them apart. It’s just not our style. We’re fans. We don’t do it. I think Rogan was reacting to that because that’s our philosophy here."

- MMAJunkie.com
this guy and his organization are so full of shit.
Didn’t Rogan shit on Overeem in the ring after getting KOd and later apologized for it?

In the example you gave, Mr. White is trashing a fighter who won, yet put on a shit performance.

Dana White never ever trashed a losing fighter " ha ha he got KTFO'd and folded like cheap paper ! " like Stephen Smith did.
Yeah that’s much better, trashing the winning fighter, not the guy who failed to land a blow in a fight that lasted less than a minute.
How about this, let’s stop pretending Dana has principles?

Dana never shits on fighters right after their losses. Even when Colby lost, especially with the dislike between the two, Dana actually said good things about Colby and said he proved he belongs in ufc top rankings. He usually talks shit about fighters during negotiations or if its Woodley or something

Well obviously Dana has never been on sherdog where after a fight the loser gets trashed and belittled for at least a week afterwards.
<34>
I was pretty certain Stephen A Smith was running dozens of Sherdog accounts considering the amount of Colby trashing after a recent fight. We all know the mma community is too solemn and respectful.... right?

I dont think I recall Dana shitting on someone after being stopped.

He shits on fighters for shit performances. Hence black beast Ngannou or Anthony Smith against Jones.

He doesn’t like any fighter who has the clout or balls to shape their own career.

He wants them all under his thumb.

I am almost sure I heard Dana trashing Ruiz after his last fight with Anthony Joshua

This all reeks of mma elitism and insecurity, and it is quite pathetic.

An outsider has noticed that often good fighters come unprepared and put on shitty pathetic performances and look like bums off the street and Rogan is butt hurt it is being called like it is, that the sport was a exposed a bit for what it is. These guys aren't always inhuman "savages" like joe fantasizes sometimes they are abused puppy dogs or just plain stupid like any athlete can be at times.

Even though Dana doesn't really apply this "rule" to himself. I see his point.

It is actually one of the problems with some fighters. Every time they are being talked about, it's positive. Except from us nerds and other fighters.
It's like they can do no wrong, they don't have shit defense, they just get caught. They don't neglect their ground game, they had a lapse in concentration etc...

I think that's the difference and what prevents MMA from going really mainstream (and particularly the UFC). All other sports, there is no hesitation or problem with critiquing and pointing the faults and mistakes of the losing sides, whereas in MMA it's all about being nice. Maybe the fact it's individual makes it harder compared to team sports, but still, it's problematic because then, all the content developed around it basically is shilling. Just like pro-wrestling.

Pretty much. I say that as somebody who is a rapid fan of pro wrestling it's even worse with UFC.

UFC tells us Cerrone's orbital was shattered to tiny bits and his nose was instantly broken against Conor. Days later Cerrone tells us he isn't injured at all posts pictures to prove it. lol

UFC overall is doing shit business these days only McGregor, Jones, and Khabib are draws to any magnitude globally. Colby's act got over with absolutely nobody despite hamming it up as much as humanly possible. They are still trying to push the old WWE way instead of becoming a modern sport you don't need experience to say this fight didn't show us anything we didn't know about Mcgregor and you don't need any experience to say that Cerrone folded.

Last edited:
"Every time Tyron Woodley opens his mouth he shoots himself in the foot."
"If you ask fans if they want to see Woodley fight again, I think it would be a flat-out 'no'. Who wants to pay to see Tyron Woodley fight again?
-Dana Pink
“But, what we don’t do is, when a fight is over and a guy loses...”

Ambien takes ben Askren when it cant sleep...

-uncle dana

152f2970-4938-11ea-bfe3-579c86e77d8c

“One of the things when we bought and built the UFC that we always did, being fight fans ourselves. I’m a huge fight fan, Lorenzo [Fertitta] was a huge fight fan, Joe Rogan is a huge fight fan.

One of the things that we hated was on HBO boxing and some other boxing that they would do. Listen, you’re tuning in and buying the pay-per-view because you love these guys and you respect these fighters, and you’re a fan of the sport. The last thing you want to do is hear somebody ripping them apart.

“I’m not into it. Rogan is not into it. You don’t see that in the UFC. There will be times where I’m pissed off at a guy, and I’ll voice my opinion on what he did or whatever, or if a fight is really bad or somebody did something.

“But, what we don’t do is, when a fight is over and a guy loses, we don’t go in and rip them apart. It’s just not our style. We’re fans. We don’t do it. I think Rogan was reacting to that because that’s our philosophy here."

- MMAJunkie.com

Lmao the bald goof trashed cain when he lost to velasquez on the first FOX card in like 30 secs or whatever

Dana is the king of ripping into fighters. It just has to fit his agenda.
On this particular occasion it didnt, he wants it to be about Conor being the terminator and not about him just fighting dubious competition.

I find it hard to shit on someone who fights professionally and loses, maybe I’ve done it in the past but I hope not. You can make some observations about their performances (like Whittaker should have used grappling against Adesanya) but you need to be careful what you say. They’re fighting in a cage to entertain my tubby arse, they need to be respected.

Shit he was bashing Chuck WHILE he was getting beat by Rampage lmao remember how salty he was "he's not following the game plan".

<31>

its a fucking sport. analysts are there to ANALYZE.
if someone gets wrecked in humiliating fashion then we shouldn't turn a blind eye and be like ohh but they tried hard. this isnt little athletics its professional sport goddamnit

Dana and Rogan are pissed off because the public bashing of Cowboy makes Conor look bad. Passes ahead the message that Conor didn't really won a fight, so they need to keep hyping Cowboy's performance to solidify the myth of the shoulder TKO.
It is all very childish, and on top now Dana comes up to give everyone a moral lesson.
Laughable.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back