Dana White restates disdain for other promotions

dickcheney

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Dana summed it up in the following tweet on twitter:
"Hypocrites at Bellator are fucking their fighters. It these type of peep that UFC never worked w other Orgs. #NOCoPROMO"

Looks like Dana's at it on twitter again and this time for good reason as Bellator has been making negotiations for Eddie Alvarez a living hell.

Through a series of tweets last night and this morning Dana has laid out how Bellator is clearly not for what the fighter wants and how UFC has always been pro fighter. Eddie clearly wants out, but Bellator's shady contract wont let him and Alvarez isnt even a champ

Last edited:
The whole year long matching period thing is bullshit.

A year is crazy. 3 months or so would make sense.

I don't know the particulars of alvarez's contract, but it it's expired and he's not the champ why cant he leave?

I don't know the particulars of alvarez's contract, but it it's expired and he's not the champ why cant he leave?

This. He fulfilled his contract and was told by Bellator that they would make a decision within two weeks of the UFC offer. If I'm correct, didn't the UFC make their offer two months ago and Eddie is still waiting?

Bellator can match any offer from other promotions. UFC made him an offer, Bellator matched it. So Alvarez must decide whether to accept it and stay in Bellator or not accept it and wait out a year for the matching clause to expire.

The only hope for Alvarez is that the UFC makes a crazy offer that Bellator cannot afford to match, like $500 000+ per fight.

Because it's somewhat like restricted free agency, if it's been explained to me properly.

It kind of is but in normal promotions the athlete still makes money for a year and then is gone the next year.

It sounds like here Eddie wither has to sit out an entire year and not fight or resign and be stuck in a situation he doesn't want to be in, not make money, and just be in the exact same situation at the end.

Bellator is shady as fuck. Never supporting them

Eddie can't just get up and go because Eddie signed a piece of paper, all too willingly I bet, back in 2008 and now he has to abide by it as it's a legal agreement. He wanted the shot and he signed the contract. Earlier this week Eddie said "It's not up to me..." Well, there you have it Eddie, and that's why you're sitting where you're at now, because someone else put you there and you let them

Of course Dana isn't going to like his competition. It's a business and as a promoter, its his job to make UFC the best org and cripple any others who try to grow. Sherdog never seems to get this and thinks he should act as some type of mediator for all orgs as they grow and eventually fuck him over

Would like to know as well.

Bellator still has the right to match any offers Alverez receives. The rumors are that UFC made an offer and Bellator matched it, meaning they get Alverez back. However, Dana seems to disagree and Alverez is having lawyers looks over the contracts to see if they are truly identical.

If they matched the UFC's offer, good on them for trying to hold on to their top talent.

Isn't it up to the UFC to offer more if they really want him?

This. He fulfilled his contract and was told by Bellator that they would make a decision within two weeks of the UFC offer. If I'm correct, didn't the UFC make their offer two months ago and Eddie is still waiting?

I'm willing to bet this all would be over and Eddie would be in the UFC if Dana hadn't decided to start bashing Rebney every chance he got, originally Eddie said Bellator was going to let him go with out a fight, then Dana bashes Bellator in an interview and now this is happening.

Ask Demarcus Johnson how pro fighter Dana is 2 short notice loses in a row and the kid get's cut, "Thanks for doing us a huge favor kid, here's your pinkslip."

great, I missed the times when White talked so much shit about Strikeforce, Showtime, Gary Shaw, Affliction... Spike/Bellator will all the Dana interviews more interesting

I'm willing to bet this all would be over and Eddie would be in the UFC if Dana hadn't decided to start bashing Rebney every chance he got, originally Eddie said Bellator was going to let him go with out a fight, then Dana bashes Bellator in an interview and now this is happening.

Ask Demarcus Johnson how pro fighter Dana is 2 short notice loses in a row and the kid get's cut, "Thanks for doing us a huge favor kid, here's your pinkslip."

I like Damarques but it was his 3rd loss in a row, he missed weight by a lot and looked like shit in the cage.

Bellator still has the right to match any offers Alverez receives. The rumors are that UFC made an offer and Bellator matched it, meaning they get Alverez back. However, Dana seems to disagree and Alverez is having lawyers looks over the contracts to see if they are truly identical.

More than likely, the issue will revolve around whether or not Bellator can actually legally match a contract that offers Alvarez PPV pay.

As an attorney let me tell Alvarez what I tell my clients. If you sign a contract be prepared to deal with the consequences. If you don't like something in the contract don't sign it. Its Eddie's fault if he didn't like this matching clause he shouldn't have signed the deal

More than likely, the issue will revolve around whether or not Bellator can actually legally match a contract that offers Alvarez PPV pay.

Or Fox events. UFC had a few routes to make it near impossible for Bellator to match

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back