Dana White restates disdain for other promotions

Ask Demarcus Johnson how pro fighter Dana is 2 short notice loses in a row and the kid get's cut, "Thanks for doing us a huge favor kid, here's your pinkslip."

Demarques Johnson didn't take the Swick fight on short notice unless I missed a memo or something which is possible. And his fight vs Gunnar Nelson, he took on short notice but he lied about his ability to make weight, asked Joe Silva for a catchweight a few days later, got one and then proceeded to biff on the catchweight that was made specifically FOR him.

The man signed a contract willingly and now he has to honor it? What an outrage!

Bellator sucks. I loved Strikeforce, WEC, and Pride but this company isn't even worth Zuffa buying it's so bad. Aside from great fights like Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler can anybody really sit through a entire card of this? Some of their amateurish fighters make Ben Askren look like Joe Lauzon.

Aside from King Mo, Alvarez, Chandler, and the FW and BW fighters the promotion has nothing and no UFC fans or people that didn't already follow it before are going to give a fuck about the tournament system.

Demarques Johnson didn't take the Swick fight on short notice unless I missed a memo or something which is possible. And his fight vs Gunnar Nelson, he took on short notice but he lied about his ability to make weight, asked Joe Silva for a catchweight a few days later, got one and then proceeded to biff on the catchweight that was made specifically FOR him.

Yeah your right, I forgot about the weight thing, this was just the first example that came to mind and honestly I'm not sure why I'm even arguing this since I don't really give a fuck, just find it amusing how much of a hypocrite Dana can be.

And people say Dana White is shaddy? this stuff with Eddie is just sickening

Dana White talks a lot of shit about boxing not making the best fights and promoters working together, yet he would never even entertain the idea of working with another promoter.

I know the circumstances are different in MMA and that business models are far different then boxing, but still. If you want Alvarez in the UFC, offer Bellator some money and match him up against someone. Give Bellator some ad space and call them a co-promoter on fight night.Alvarez would still be Bellator fighter, but you could still get him on a UFC card.

Yet he wouldnt release Randy, to let him fight Fedor...

great, I missed the times when White talked so much shit about Strikeforce, Showtime, Gary Shaw, Affliction... Spike/Bellator will all the Dana interviews more interesting

I like Damarques but it was his 3rd loss in a row, he missed weight by a lot and looked like shit in the cage.

Yeah it was a bad example, their are many others but I really don't care enough to continue with this.

Eddie can't just get up and go because Eddie signed a piece of paper, all too willingly I bet, back in 2008 and now he has to abide by it as it's a legal agreement. He wanted the shot and he signed the contract. Earlier this week Eddie said "It's not up to me..." Well, there you have it Eddie, and that's why you're sitting where you're at now, because someone else put you there and you let them

And if he didn't, he may have ended up fighting at "Combat at the Community Centre" in some rinky-dink little town making $500 a fight, working some 9-5 day job, with the UFC never hearing about him. Now, the fans want him in the UFC, Dana wants him in the UFC, and he's doing everything he can to make it happen.

Yeah, it sucks that this was the offer that he got, but, at the time, it very well could've been the best he was offered.

Aside from great fights like Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler can anybody really sit through a entire card of this?

I don't think I've missed a card in over a year. I may not like how restrictive their contracts can be (they're acting like they're the number 1 show in town when they're clearly not), but I still think they've got some good fighters, and I like the tournament format.

The UFC can face a lot of criticism for their business tactics, and rightfully so, but do they really fuck fighters over often? It's been so long since the Tito and Randy sagas that my memory on the details is very hazy as best. I guess they have the benefit of being the top dog, since none of their stars want to move up anywhere else anymore.

Bellator sucks. I loved Strikeforce, WEC, and Pride but this company isn't even worth Zuffa buying it's so bad. Aside from great fights like Eddie Alvarez vs. Michael Chandler can anybody really sit through a entire card of this? Some of their amateurish fighters make Ben Askren look like Joe Lauzon.

Aside from King Mo, Alvarez, Chandler, and the FW and BW fighters the promotion has nothing and no UFC fans or people that didn't already follow it before are going to give a fuck about the tournament system.
Bwahahahaha

What a noob!

MW on up is definitely some light, subpar comp. Viacom probably paid Cole Konrad off to leave the show so this out of shape lay n prayer wouldn't stalemate their HW division with boring decisions for the next 5 years.

Obviously both promotions are not terribly "pro-fighter." There are instances on both sides of the aisles to show this (repeatedly) as we can see in this thread. The people picking sides are missing the point somewhat imo. Just because a bad guy exists in life it doesn't make the person opposing him automatically the good guy...

And people say Dana White is shaddy? this stuff with Eddie is just sickening

No I think Zuffa is very shady take fighters who are on the fence doing well but not entertaining enough. In Zuffa's contract they can hold you for up to something like 18 months between fights. So even though your still under contract they can make you sit out for over a year per fight. Many fighters talk about the problems with inactivity do to waiting for an event. Many successful or entertaining fighters could fight up to 3 times in a year others could wait for a year or more between fights. This may sound like not a big deal but many of these fighters are making 3 to 6K per fight months between fights can suck. One thing that Zuffa is good at is if you have a 3 or 5 fight contract you could have 2 quick events then make you wait a year then negotiate a deal for 3 fights ahead of your last fight on your first contract.

Last edited:
Dana is a joke.

Lawyers for Zuffa, LLC, the UFC's parent company, on Monday filed suit in Clark County District Court, alleging chiefly that Couture's comments about the UFC and its senior management caused the business irreparable damage and that he is in breach of the contract he signed with the company in December 2006.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/13794082.html

Can you imagine if every other org or fighter sued Dana every time he slandered them?

Back