Dana White promises to host ‘greatest live combat sports event’ at Las Vegas Sphere

Would you attend a UFC at The Sphere?

• Total voters

Kowboy On Sherdog

Once Upon a Time in The UFC
Staff member
Sherdog.com Staff
Reaction score
upload_2023-10-11_14-33-26.png

Ultimate Fighting Championship CEO Dana White was in attendance as the Las Vegas Sphere debuted this weekend with concerts by Irish rock band U2. White was so impressed with everything about the Sphere that he’s now admittedly “obsessed” with putting on a UFC event at the venue. The UFC head honcho has been in regular contact with concerned parties as he plots the “greatest live combat sports event anybody has ever seen.”

Interestingly, White wants the card to go down on Mexican Independence Day in September 2024, which according to him should also be the first live sports event at the venue. The 54-year-old is confident in his ability to put on a show that will set the precedent for live events at the Sphere.

Moreover, White vehemently dismissed the possibility of any boxing promotion securing the bid before him as he believes none of the promoters have the money required.

Continue Reading
https://www.sherdog.com/news/news/D...ombat-Sports-Event-at-Las-Vegas-Sphere-191360

I don't get it. Is he saying he's gonna make the most stacked card ever or is the sphere gonna make MMA more entertaining somehow? Like Mad Max or some shit? That would be cool but I fail to see how a big titty screen is going to make it better.

I wonder what it’ll look like from the outside when they do it. Dana will get this done and do it awesome. If you’re in this forum and hate Dana, you still know I’m right. It’ll be fucking cool whatever he pulls off

200 foot tall fighters being interviewed by 12 foot tall Joe Rogan is gonna mind blowing!

giphy.gif

the dome screen is going to be too distracting

Back