Dana White on Sonnen

First of all, it was pretty funny what he said.

Second, it is farcical that Dana does NOT like this. This give attention to the most attention seeking, and receiving fighter in the UFC. He has to make a statement like that.

It amazes me how many of you goobers can't understand context. White is saying that jokes like that will get Sonnen in trouble with big networks like Fox, who are willing to pay him a lot of money to commentate. but if he becomes a liability to them and their image, they'll replace him with someone else. It wasn't a threat.

Good fucking lord. Shertards, lol.

By the way, Rhianna/Chris Brown jokes are pretty mainstream. Seth McFarlane told one at the Oscars, which I think might have been on the main Fox station. Google search also turned up the following:
Now there's a funny joke on the topic. I've seen a ton of them, they're really not that fresh or edgy anymore.

i play this game at night, where i get a bottle of vodka and listen to dana white interviews. everytime he swears i take a shot. im usually out of vodka and puking before the interview is half way over.

Lol, sounds like that could become a popular drinking game among mma fans.

Yoouuuu''rrreee Fiiiiirrrreeedddd!!!

This is like a heroin addicted father telling his son not to smoke.

Dana's right but a bunch of idiots on Sherdog seem to know more than he does. You can't be a representative of a company like the UFC and make light of domestic abuse. The UFC is trying to establish itself in the mainstream and they don't need negative press surrounding them or their athletes in regards to misogyny.

Which you can't do without being a preapproved boring motherfucker.

Fuck the mainstream, let Chael run his stupid mouth. The mainstream didn't build MMA.

Dana needs to take a chill pill.

Sonnen is awesome. His ability to be an anylist as well as able to come off with some humor is the reason he has twice the value.

No, Sonnen does not need to "Knock that shit off" on the contrary I would love to hear more.

Amen. Sonnen's Rihanna joke cracked me up!

Shut up, Dana.

For real.

And Dana isn't a fighter.....he is a president of a company. Maybe he should talk like one instead of a tough guy wannabe.

If fighters say something a little out there....who cares? They are paid to bash people's brains in.....they aren't paid to teach Etiquette Courses.

What Chael said wasn't funny, but it wasn't bad either. He should have changed it around to where he was making fun of Chris Brown and not Rihanna, but that's only because white upper middle class women watch too much Fox.

For real.

And Dana isn't a fighter.....he is a president of a company. Maybe he should talk like one instead of a tough guy wannabe.

If fighters say something a little out there....who cares? They are paid to bash people's brains in.....they aren't paid to teach Etiquette Courses.

Ehh, it's alot harder to manage fighters who are out there because of this stupid PC world we live in, I mean Dana would kill to have a roster full of Kenny Florians because ZUFFA would never worry about saying something stupid.
I myself don't like when fighters have no personality though, so war Chael

ps. Not saying KenFlo doesn't have personality, he's the rarity when it comes to a fighter who is well spoken, can hold their tongue when they need to and still can sell ppv's.

Oh the irony of it all!
How did exactly Sonnen got that job? Wasn't it because HE WAS FUNNY???

I love how Dana don't mind and even woese, he gives incentive until someone says it's not good. then all of a sudden "Sonnen gotta stop"!!!

Times like this, SMH is not enough...
maybe double-facepalm while SHM!!! :icon_lol:

Oh the irony of it all!
How did exactly Sonnen got that job? Wasn't it because HE WAS FUNNY???

I love how Dana don't mind and even woese, he gives incentive until someone says it's not good. then all of a sudden "Sonnen gotta stop"!!!

Times like this, SMH is not enough...
maybe double-facepalm while SHM!!! :icon_lol:

this...they think he's all funny and then when he says something controversial, they want to get all PC and play the good guy role and dodge all the heat

Joke wasn't funny. Rihanna jokes were played out years ago. And they were trashy even then. But I guess people who think Chael is funny are the trashy fanbase that UFC has but is looking to hide sometime soon so that they can take the sport to the next level.

I despise Sonnen, but imo it was funny.

Ehh, it's alot harder to manage fighters who are out there because of this stupid PC world we live in, I mean Dana would kill to have a roster full of Kenny Florians because ZUFFA would never worry about saying something stupid.
I myself don't like when fighters have no personality though, so war Chael

ps. Not saying KenFlo doesn't have personality, he's the rarity when it comes to a fighter who is well spoken, can hold their tongue when they need to and still can sell ppv's.

I love when a fighter had personality. That is why I loved a guy like Tank back in the day. It was different and it was pretty damn funny.

The world is becoming way too PC. Guys can get in a cage and beat each other senseless but if they say a few harmless words people get all up in arms about it? Ridiculous.

Who really gets offended by stuff that fighters say? People that never leave the house?

Joke was funny, and it was an attack on the perpetrator of domestic violence (calling brown a wimp).

Back