Dana White on Sonnen

The UFC is already Main Stream. Sonnen made a light joke about Chris Brown, yet Dana's vocabulary is "Fuck" every other word accessible to the whole world, yet I can't find anyone who has Fox Sports 1 in their tv provider.

Doesn't Dana use homophobic slurs himself?

So Dana wants him to stop doing what he's been rewarded for in the past?

Damn Dana sends out very mixed messages.

Dana's right but a bunch of idiots on Sherdog seem to know more than he does. You can't be a representative of a company like the UFC and make light of domestic abuse. The UFC is trying to establish itself in the mainstream and they don't need negative press surrounding them or their athletes in regards to misogyny.

What did Chael say?

What did I miss?

Did chael call her a bitch or act like Dana did toward Loretta hunt?

Chael P. Sonnen said:
"Look, Floyd needs to keep doing what he's doing, which is fighting complete tomato cans that we've never heard of before, " said Sonnen. "I've never seen anybody in the history of America get so rich and so famous off of having complete wimps throwing punch at their faces. I know what you're saying. You're saying, ‘Well, it's happened before, what about Rihanna?'"

:icon_lol:

What did I miss?

Did Chael call her a bitch or act like Dana did toward Loretta hunt?

Not that I approve of what Sonnen said, but Dana should shut his damn mouth. Every other word he says is 'fuck' or 'shit' and then he expects the fighters to be some sort of role model.

Dana may have done a lot for the UFC and mma, but I'm calling it now.. he won't be missed when he retires. As soon as someone with a professional attitude replaces him, all we'll remember is how unprofessional Dana was. It's a shame really.

I disagree, I thought it was funny, but I also see where Dana is coming from. Probably doesn't want to get any negative publicity, especially about a topic like that on a network with a lot of viewers like Fox/FS1

I like Dana, but him talking about anyone needing to watch what they say is hilarious.

Haha nerds getting angry because Dana wanna stop Sonnen from doing "funny shit" like that.. I guess liking what Sonnen say, kinda make them feel cool.

The joke wasn't even that bad, in fact it could have been much worse and frankly I was expecting it to be based on DW's reaction.

Dana's a puppet to whoever or whatever controls the UFC's interests; and in this case it's FOX Entertainment. He would literally self-castrate to appease them at this point.

You can't blame the puppet, though. The hypersensitive apologists on what used to be a fairly ballsy network are what's disgusting and supremely disappointing here.

Dana's a puppet to whoever or whatever controls the UFC's interests; and in this case it's FOX Entertainment. He would literally self-castrate to appease them at this point.

You can't blame the puppet, though. The hypersensitive apologists on what used to be a fairly ballsy network are what's disgusting and supremely disappointing here.

True. But I have to say on FS1 & 2 and before that on Fuel Ive seen one of the biggest corporate shills ever. He doesn't even care to hide the shilling..The guys name is Chael Sonnen.

Yes he's the most un PC corporate shill on FS1. Still a corporate shill.

Chael can be funny, but that joke sucked. Anyway, it's a new PC era, everyone might as well get used to it.

Agreed.

I remember the days when White would verbally attack women with derogatory terms, use gay slurs and the like.

Such is the methodical emasculation and selling out of Mr. White. At least he's learning to play the game.

Sonnen is pure enterteinment. My brothers dont watch mma on a regular basis, however when theres any sonnen commentary on anything they r the first to know.

Haha nerds getting angry because Dana wanna stop Sonnen from doing "funny shit" like that.. I guess liking what Sonnen say, kinda make them feel cool.

It's hypocritical coming from Dana "Fucking" White's lips, who in the past has said plenty of INSENSITIVE things. Now I guess he's a Patron "Fucking"" Saint of political correctness.

He's a two-faced bozo. You could ask him identical questions that he answered a week ago, or ask them about a different person or entity and there is a high probability that his answers will change subject to caprice.

It's not that funny indeed.

Back