Dana White on Sonnen

Dana's right but a bunch of idiots on Sherdog seem to know more than he does. You can't be a representative of a company like the UFC and make light of domestic abuse. The UFC is trying to establish itself in the mainstream and they don't need negative press surrounding them or their athletes in regards to misogyny.

I agree, but Dana's a hypocrite.

White is foul mouthed and a temperamental child. Not exactly a shining example.

Regardless how much people may despise Dana's cussing, Dana is absolutely right here.
With the UFC being broadcast on Fox now, How many phone calls do you figure Dana got from Fox's legal team?

Probably enough to make him get up and chastise Chael in front of the camera's.

That's not to say i have any problem whatsoever with what Chael said but i can't imagine the absolute shit storm Dana probably received regardless how minor the issue may have been.

The unfortunate reality here is Rihanna > UFC

Haha shertards live in Sherworld where things arent normal

A joke about beating up a woman? Thats normal and cool in Sherworld

Hahahaha Chael fans are just an army of meatheads, wannabe jocks and wannabe bulllies

It was a good joke. Obviously Rihanna has no problem with domestic violence since she is back together with Chris Brown so why not lay into her stupidity.

Hey, Fuckers!

So, do you wanna be a fucking fighter?

Agreed.

I remember the days when White would verbally attack women with derogatory terms, use gay slurs and the like.

Such is the methodical emasculation and selling out of Mr. White. At least he's learning to play the game.
You can usually tell when Dana has a hand up his ass and when he's having a sincere moment. It's the nature of his job, though; he wouldn't be a good promoter if he couldn't completely detach from his actual self and become what's needed in any given situation.

The life of a promoter is extremely disingenuous and likely soul-crushing. I think Dana made a mistake by putting such a bright public spotlight on himself and his dealings. While Dana, like most promoters, probably thinks nothing of contradicting himself, the general public starts viewing him as some kind of unusual evil.

Shut up, Dana.

no he's actually right even though he hates this politically correct crap himself.
People were bashing Brown a ton, I remember CM Punk from WWE doing it a ton as well...then Rihanna gets back together with him making all of them look like fools.

However you need to understand, as much as you hate it, that making public jokes like that will not sit well with the TV station as they will be taken as making jokes about "public violence".

Personally I believe that if a woman is dumb enough to move in with a guy by her own choice(not because lack of money or smth similar) and he ends up beating her then she has a partial blame as well. There's a lot of non-wife beaters out there that she probably labels too nice and boring for her.

It was a good joke. Obviously Rihanna has no problem with domestic violence since she is back together with Chris Brown so why not lay into her stupidity.
Well sadly the public is stupid enough to not bash Rihanna for getting back with him.
But they will bash Sonnen and others for a joke. That's the hypocrisy that we are forced to take and sadly we can't do much about it.
DW is right on this matter unfortunately.

These major networks don't tolerate jokes about domestic violence and race.

Chael probably got a warning from the higher ups but don't be surprised when he never even remotely brings up Rihanna again.

I agree, but Dana's a hypocrite.

White is foul mouthed and a temperamental child. Not exactly a shining example.

Most people are hypocrites, but Dana has been pretty consistent when it comes to the whole issue of going after women/gays since his tirade against Hunt in which he had to apologize for.

Plus you gotta look at how the UFC is being attacked by The Culinary Union for being a misogynistic group, you don't want things like this happening to give them more ammunition or to lend credibility to their attack.

Plus you gotta look at how the UFC is being attacked by The Culinary Union for being a misogynistic group, you don't want things like this happening to give them more ammunition or to lend credibility to their attack.

Good point. No one needs those fuckers crawling up their asses.

Well sadly the public is stupid enough to not bash Rihanna for getting back with him.
But they will bash Sonnen and others for a joke. That's the hypocrisy that we are forced to take and sadly we can't do much about it.
DW is right on this matter unfortunately.

No he isn't. People joke about inappropriate topics all the time. The guy has bashed more things seriously then I could count on my fingers/toes. He is the last person that should publicly give an opinion on the matter.

Meh why is the world so touchy nowadays
Useless people need validation of their own worthless existence and the most effective way to fill that hole is by being offended by everything. It gives them a feeling of power and importance that is typically not present in their everyday lives. Since there are many people like this in the world, companies such as Zuffa an FOX need to pander to them, else the business will suffer.

Most people are hypocrites, but Dana has been pretty consistent when it comes to the whole issue of going after women/gays since his tirade against Hunt in which he had to apologize for.

I agree with this. There is now a much finer line one has to tiptoe.

Professional comedians, female ones at that have made similar jokes about her and have gotten plenty of laughs. No need to get butthurt Dana.

he's jsut saying it to say it, i really dont think he gives a shit

You can usually tell when Dana has a hand up his ass and when he's having a sincere moment. It's the nature of his job, though; he wouldn't be a good promoter if he couldn't completely detach from his actual self and become what's needed in any given situation.

The life of a promoter is extremely disingenuous and likely soul-crushing. I think Dana made a mistake by putting such a bright public spotlight on himself and his dealings. While Dana, like most promoters, probably thinks nothing of contradicting himself, the general public starts viewing him as some kind of unusual evil.

Absolutely. And I know he could probably give a shit about what Sonnen said; he just needs to make sure his viewpoints are in line with his higher-ups. Which again, is fine, but it's a FAR cry from the Dana White of old who seemingly didn't give a rat's ass about anything.

Back