Dana White On Pacquiao/Marquez: "Dumbest fight in history. Bob Arum is a moron"

Dana White protects his fighters.

So Dana its not about the fight? its about choosing who will most likely win before the fight?

“I’m the biggest Manny Pacquiao fan ever, I bet on Marquez,” White revealed Saturday night. “Dumbest fight in history. Bob Arum is a moron. You don’t take that fight, you idiot. Why would you do that fight? It’s all about the money, that’s why.

Right, Dana. You're one to talk. Dana's complaining here makes me think of "Hitler reacts" videos.

"Oh and be sure to check out Jon Jones defend his title against Chael Sonnen, motherfuckers, you're in for the fight of the decade"

He has a point but Marquez deserved the rematch especially after the decision in their last fight..

It's the truth, that fight just killed boxing. Noone wants to see Marq vs Mayweather...or Bradly after he got a bad decision. If Paq retires it's all over. Mayweather ends up in jail within 5 years. Boxing is a greedy sport. Dana might piss people off but he is smart.

i kind of agree with him, its hard to fight anyone 4 times and not come out with a lose. especially with all the fights being so close. that is probably why dana said it was dumb for pacquiao and why he bet on Marquez.

White, who admits he bet money on Marquez, told 5th Round that Pacquiao's career was placed in jeopardy by putting him back in the ring with the opponent who gave him the most trouble.

I think many should take note of this....It's very revealing coming from White.

Nobody wated to see Bradley vs Pacquiao

Dana is an idiot, and doesn't give the fight the fans want to see

He has a point but Marquez deserved the rematch especially after the decision in their last fight..

Just the same as Pac deserves to avenge that bullshit decision in the Bradley fight as well. Either way, this is what can happen when you wait and wait to set up a "superfight", someone will lose and then there's no point (memo to White, this might happen with GSP v Silva so if you're going to do it, do it now).

i kind of agree with him, its hard to fight anyone 4 times and not come out with a lose. especially with all the fights being so close. that is probably why dana said it was dumb for pacquiao and why he bet on Marquez.

Yet, what better way to prove just how great a fighter you are by beating the guy that matches up the best with you...

If he would have won? Everyone would be talking about just how incredible Manny is, and how he was able to overcome such a difficult match up.

But he lost....

Doesn't Pacquiao pick his own fights anyway?

So Dana its not about the fight? its about choosing who will most likely win before the fight?

Thats not what he said. He said having Pacman rematch a guy he has beaten twice before and fought to a draw with is dumb because its lose lose. Pacman wins and its "so what, he already beat the guy 2 times" and if he loses then a huge PPV star loses a big chunk of his draw due to the loses.

Bradley made wayyyyy more sense. Why not Manny get back a bs loss and rack up a win? Business wise it was insanely dumb.

Back