Dana White On Pacquiao/Marquez: "Dumbest fight in history. Bob Arum is a moron"

Everyone harping on Dana seems to be missing the pout. They placed Manny in a dangerous matchup with a guy who isn't marketable, and now that Marquez won, they don't have much longevity to their matchmaking (for the present).

Obviously, Chael is not a deserving contender, but should he win, its just going to open up the playing field.

It's the truth, that fight just killed boxing.

300px-Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.jpg

i prefer Pac/Marquez regardless of the outcome, they have a long history of rivalry and want to finish with a decisive win. Pac rematch with bradley is gona be the same, Pac will slaughter Brad in early rounds and get outbox to get a UD.

I thought it was a non-title fight, in which case Manny is still the champ

Dana protects the fighters (aka hand-picks fights) that he personally likes and throws the ones he doesn't like to the wolves. His own words proves that this is the way he believes promoters should handle things.

as messed up as the UFC can be, Boxing is a lot worse and we should be glad that post-Pride MMA has been so relatively corruption free

Everyone harping on Dana seems to be missing the pout. They placed Manny in a dangerous matchup with a guy who isn't marketable, and now that Marquez won, they don't have much longevity to their matchmaking (for the present).

Obviously, Chael is not a deserving contender, but should he win, its just going to open up the playing field.

Are you saying Marquez isn't marketable? If so, you're an idiot.

It's the truth, that fight just killed boxing. Noone wants to see Marq vs Mayweather...or Bradly after he got a bad decision. If Paq retires it's all over. Mayweather ends up in jail within 5 years. Boxing is a greedy sport. Dana might piss people off but he is smart.

Congrats on being a complete idiot.

He has a good point about not being a smart matchup, however he is pot calling the kettle black. He has a very lucrative GSP/Anderson fight sitting right in front of him. I don't think GSP will lose to him but I didn't think Pacman would lose either. So what happens to the Anderson/GSP superfight if GSP does lose.
He is doing the exact same thing.

100% correct. I feel the exact same way. Its like having his champs fight the guy that is worst style match up enough times until the guy finally loses. Its really stupid.

I kinda agree and disagree at the same time about Dana's comments here. Agreed that Bob Arum sucks, that Manny should not have taken this fight. Disagree about the money thing. C'mon Dana who we kidding.

lol

How can one be so hypocritical...you can't complain about Arum making matches for money when you help put Diaz/GSP together and then Sonnen/Jones simply to get TUF ratings up.

He is correct. But obviously he doesn't evaluate his own decisions.

Bob Arum is all about the money. Like any fight promoter, ever. Pac v. Marquez 4 might have been FOTY, as well.

Back