Dana White On Pacquiao/Marquez: "Dumbest fight in history. Bob Arum is a moron"

He may be right, but he has no credibility to say something like that.

I lost most of my interest in boxing ever since Margarito got caught cheating, guess I'm ahead of the curve :cool:

It is true that Pacman wouldn't have gotten that much recognition for beating Marquez again when we talk outside the real boxing fans. Beating someone for the third time just doesn't do that much, regardless how close the previous fights were.

It definitely makes much more sense to make the Bradley fight, both for the financial reasons and due to sports reasons since he actually beat Pacquiao. The fact that the win was very controversial makes it more necessary to have the rematch, not less as some people say. If the sport has failed in it's ruling you need to give the boxers a chance to set it straight for the sake of the sport.

So Dana is absolutely correct in that it was a stupid move in both ways to view it. Dana has of course made his share of stupid moves as well though.

He may be right, but he has no credibility to say something like that.
I'd say that someone with experience in both fight making, and making mistakes in that area, has far more credibility to say that than you or I do.

Dana needs to shut the fuck up. Zuffa's incompetence has been exposed for the world to see in the past year. This "we're the best fight promoters in world" schtick is a farce. They got lucky capitalizing on a fad in US, Canada and now Brazil. That's it.

Given all of the bullshit that they've pulled with title fights in the past year, I don't know how anybody could believe that they're more credible than the average boxing promoter.

Marquez/Pac IV was a farce even though the first three fights were all competitive and the last one had a controversial decision, but Jones/Sonnen is solid matchmaking?

This guy is a fucking clown.

Not making Fedor vs Lesnar fight was really dumb IMO...

"Oh and be sure to check out Jon Jones defend his title against Chael Sonnen, motherfuckers, you're in for the fight of the decade"

early prediction is that you have the best post on this thread.

well done Sir

It seems bizzare dana white keeps saying hes a boxing fan when everyone who likes boxing felt marquez won the last one and deserved a rematch.
I mean if you cant get mayweather you get the next best fighter with the next best potential for ppv buys ....easy.

Not making Fedor vs Lesnar fight was really dumb IMO...
Why? There's no reason whatsoever why a big organization should bend over for a small time one. Do you think NHL would suddenly share their profits with KHL just to get a few stars from there?

Smartest fight in history.... derailing the fight that is clogging up the medias attention from other BETTER fighters? The perfect plan to save boxing to be honest.

I think this is more of an expression of Dana not like Bob more than anything

So Dana its not about the fight? its about choosing who will most likely win before the fight?

Pac-Man is the only legitimate star left in boxing that actually wants to fight legit competition.

If you don't protect him, boxing dies.

Dana's right, though. Boxing has kind of been counting on Pacquiao and Mayweather for years... Now it'll all be about Mayweather, and he only fights like once a year. Boxing is in serious trouble.

Pac-Man is the only legitimate star left in boxing that actually wants to fight legit competition.

If you don't protect him, boxing dies.

Dana's right, though. Boxing has kind of been counting on Pacquiao and Mayweather for years... Now it'll all be about Mayweather, and he only fights like once a year. Boxing is in serious trouble.

If you follow the history of Boxing, there has been phases in popularity. Great champions come along.

Dana makes some valid points but he shouldn't throw stones when he lives in a glass house. Jones/Sonnen is a ridiculous fight. Jones likely squashes him but may be upset or the worst case scenario gets a serious injury that causes him to be out for an extended period of time

Back