Dana White: Kelvin Gastelum could earn title shot with win over Tyron Woodley

There's only one way to resolve the amount of title contention fights Dana is promoting

RoyalRumbleMatchAI6.jpg

To be honest, Saffeidine deserved a shot as soon as strikeforce got absorbed, just because unification.

After ruining him, MacDonald completely is owed that shot. Anything else is bullshit.

Gastelum makes sense after MacDonald, provided he wins his next fight.

I mean, in the top ten, there are three guys "ahead" of Gastelum in regards to title contention: MacDonald, Hendricks, and Lombard.

MacDonald and Lombard are fighting, Hendricks is scheduled to fight Brown and has made some comments about moving up to middleweight, not only that, but people aren't exactly eager to see Lawler/Hendricks 3...

... So Gastelum's right there. The rest of the top ten are injured/coming off losses.

Says the guy who probably bought the ultra exciting and mega stacked UFC 182.

LOL, and you're able to infer this how?

Find it strange that you could've possibly saw anything in my post for you to presume what I probably do or don't do...

Great news. Woodley isn't an easy fight though. Rooting for Gastelum.

Rory as champion = No chance of GSP's return.

Wow...you may be on to something there. Rory may be getting the shaft because Dana wants his PPV star to return. This is actually a possibility that's why DW is seemingly making it as difficult as possible for Rory to get the belt.

Rory's only loss was to Lawlor- a close one at that(split decision) and since that fight Rory has improved and Lawlor is declining... Now they want him to fight the 'most feared' WW Lombard, but after watching Lombard's last fight I doubt Rory will have any trouble at all dominating him, but still, a punchers' chance for Lombard and Dana knows this.

And now Kevin Gastelum is getting talked about a title shot with a win over Woodley....hmmm

If Rory ever gets his shot he most likely will will and that would affect GSP's return...

..there might be something to that

I would love it if Kelvin gets a title shot, as im also from AZ and root for all AZ guys

Seriously Dana needs to shut up about title shots in the WW division until Lawler is ready to fight again. The Welterweight division has a ton of talented guys all making runs at the same time. But very soon a lot of the top guys are going to collide in some epic battles and then we'll see who deserves a title shot.

In other words, Kelvin will beat T-Wood and then probably main event a Fight Night against the Matt Brown/Johny Hendricks winner or something retarded like that, where the winner of THAT fight will surely get a title shot.

Am I doing it right, Dana?

Im rooting for Kelvin as always. Natural fighter, with good preparation i think he could take Lawler or at least give him one hell of a fight.

Rory as champion = No chance of GSP's return.

I don't think it matters. GSP has stated that the pressure of being champ is what caused him to leave. Why would he want to come back and fight for the title again? He probably just wants Hendricks 2 and Silva if he does come back.

I think it should go to Rory after he jabs Lombard countless times.

Its very possible

In other words, Kelvin will beat T-Wood and then probably main event a Fight Night against the Matt Brown/Johny Hendricks winner or something retarded like that, where the winner of THAT fight will surely get a title shot.

Am I doing it right, Dana?

Looks good to me!!

Seems like half the division could earn a WW title shot with a win... well except Rory.

welps i guess ellenberger is the stepping stone in the WW division now. But kevin will not fight for the title this year. Not enough quality opponents before imo until now.

So thats why they scrapped the Hendricks-Robbie III fight. They want a young champ and Gastelum with that Mehicano fan base.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back