Dana White: Kelvin Gastelum could earn title shot with win over Tyron Woodley

Rory must speak up! Its sad that he has to, but its bullshit already that he has to face Lombard first.

"Close mouths don't get fed"

Rory does need to speak up. He never says anything about how he wants the belt after fights. He says the original "whoever the UFC puts in front of me, I'll fight" BS that gives the UFC room to book him with contenders and not the champ.

I don't think you guys realize how possible this is.

who is there? Hendricks is out because he's facing Brown

Rory (the clear cut #1 contender) is facing Lombard (the #2 contender IMO) in a dumb elimination fight that will put the loser back unnecessarily.

if you look at the other ranked guys, who is left?

condit's injured, coming off of a loss.

nelson just lost

mein has a fight, and not enough of a resume to have a title shot claim.

story's solid, but like Mein, doesn't have enough of a resume since his last loss

Berger has three losses and has been pretty thoroughly exposed

DHK just lost

Saffiedine is injured and just lost

Maia is injured for a while, hasn't looked great lately, and has only a win over can since his losing streak started

That leaves the Woodley/Gastelum winner as the only option if they want to keep Lawler active.

Both Rory and Gastelum will win.. UFC will give KG the title shot over Rory.. haha

oh, and it's pretty clear that Dana's just trying to wait out the result of Anderson/Diaz

if Diaz wins, he'll probably get an instant title shot, even though that would be absolutely ridiculous.

It makes me wonder if they are actually stalling out MacDonald in order to secure GSP to come back. Maybe they should've thought of that before throwing him under the bus at the press conference.

Dana and the UFC need to shut their mouths about title shots until the contract is signed.

It makes the sport look like a joke when you give out random title shots or announce them and them take them away. Don't gets guy's hopes up. You're just getting them to go to Bellator for being treated like shit.

Dana is ridiculous. I wish they would at least try to make the rankings mean sonething. Rory beat Woodley already and several other top opponents.

if he completely destroys woodley i would be ok with that

I Like Mini Cain but now Festus has said this .. I Need T-wood to smash him so my boy Red King can get his title shot once he beats ..."Show..weather" Rt.

Festus chats the most amount of Horse dung ever by the way.

They'd fight? I'm down.

No, they won't ever fight. Both have stated as much repeatedly in interviews and such.

But GSP has stated that if Rory was in contention for the belt if/when he decided to return that he would respect that and stay out of the mix. He has also stated that if he came back he would likely take a warm up fight or two and wouldn't expect an immediate title shot.

Rory being Champ won't likely have any effect on if GSP returns.

We all know that doesn't really mean anything, remember when winner of Shogun vs. Vera was getting a title shot, all talk

yeah but this was with a good performance

but shogun fought like shit and it was embarrassing

So does Gastelum fight Hector for the no.1 contender spot afterwards ?

Back