Dana White: 'I am going to unveil the future of fighting'

It better be heavy weight limit. It’s already going to be hard enough for us to cut down to the heavyweight limit when we have no fat to spare
Sherdogger division has to be openweight or it's not worth my time. 6'8" 320 shredded...no way I'm making 265

n0ie5xfrqhrebqhidkcz.jpg

pg2_e_pinn_300.jpg

Women vs Men now in UFC fights. No more gender divisions, its men vs women.

Liz Carmouche vs Francis Ngannou

Jessica Eye vs Black Beast Lewis

Rose Namajunas vs JDS

Tecia Torres vs Tony Ferguson

Joanne Calderwood vs Jon Jones

Also in the gender vs gender fights there will be no refs stoppages, ref stoppages are not allowed, you can only win when the opponent is knocked out cold or taps out. Would watch, and enjoy.

He says that it's something that they are working on 'In Vegas', doesn't mention WME/Endeavor so it looks like it is something that he is cooking up himself, kind of like the way he was talking about 'ZUFFA Boxing' months prior. Most likely it is going to be something lame like 'You are not going to believe the amount of talent that the performance institutes are bringing, we are going to make an app and these guys gonna compete in Jiu Jitsu, boxing, you name it!'

But most likely it's gonna be this:

He can all all he wants.
it was a good fight, but it does NOT take away the fact that this Interim title is as ridiculous as the one Max & Dusting fought for (again, another great fight, bt should NOT have been for the belt).

Creating belts to sell more dilutes the value of the real belt. Plus, it is useless. Just ask Tony about his interim belt and how it helped him secure a fight against Khabib.

lol.... like they couldn't have had that fight if it weren't for a "title" right? What a numb nuts.

I don't have the energy to craft a persuasive argument right now. Just know you are wrong and Sherdog's Official Black Man disagrees with you.

Edit: Fuck it!

Why does it matter either way if we all agree that both Holloway vs Poirier and Adesanya vs Gastelum were both great fights? If creating an interim belt garners more attention from the media and gives theses men more prestige I just don't see the harm.

I think the argument that "creating interim belts dilutes the value of the real belt is a weak one. To whom? The fighters? The fans?

Did Nurmagomedov or Whittakers legitimacy take a hit in anyone's eyes?

My only issue with interim belts is that they do not guarantee the holder a title shot but nothing is guarantee when dealing with a monopoly like the UFC. If perennial number one contenders like Souza are not given an opportunity it's clear that the issue is not with the interim belts themselves but with the company's standards and practices.

Just my 2 cents.

Last edited:
I don't have the energy to craft a persuasive argument right now. Just know you are wrong and Sherdog's Official Black Man disagrees with you.

as I could care any less about your disagreement....
Sorry, bud. But either explain yourself or I won't just "believe" you.

$500 bonus if a GIF from your fight makes Sherdog. You lose it if the thread is wastelanded.

Why does it matter either way if we all agree that both Holloway vs Poirier and Adesanya vs Gastelum were both great fights? If creating an interim belt garners more attention from the media and gives theses men more prestige I just don't see the harm.

I think the argument that "creating interim belts dilutes the value of the real belt is a weak one. To whom? The fighters? The fans?

My only issue with interim belts is that they do not guarantee the holder a title shot but nothing is guarantee when dealing with a monopoly like the UFC. If perennial number one contenders like Souza are not given an opportunity it's clear that the issue is not with the interim belts themselves but with the company's standards and practices.

Just my 2 cents.
So I'm supposed to believe Sherdog's only black guy has 2 cents...

I edited my response. Go back and educate yourself a little bit. You might lean something.
I did. and was honestly curious of your take in it.
Got disappointed though.

Interim belt held a value (long time ago).
A top contender would become the interim champ and keep the division going until thew champ was back. Then they would unify the belt... because "there can be only one".

That was true until Carlos Condit got the interim belt and sat for a year waiting for Georges.

Then got it even worse when UFC proved Interim belt is worthless by taking it from Tony and not unifying it with Khabib for pure unadulterated greed. Conor simply made them more money.

And now this. Two interim belts for fighters that will be back soon enough and as such did not warrant anyone at the top.
Adesanya jumps the line because of his style... and Dana likes him.
TJ got a favour from Dana and jumped divisions. Lost in seconds.
Now Cejudo, who got the belt and NEVER DEFENDED against any top contender from his own division already fought TJ, and now is helping UFC kill his own division by moving up.
Why exactly did he deserve a title shot at a division he NEVER FOUGHT when he didn't even defend his own belt? I mean, if he would have cleaned up his division is one thing, but as it is???

Same way Max did not deserve to fight for the LW belt. Heck, even Dustin, who was a LW did not deserve the belt as he was not even at the top spot in the division!!!

So no, I blatantly disagree with you.

The champion belt means you are at the top of your division. You climbed the fucking mountain and reached the mountaintop.
All these fighters from other divisions are getting shortcuts undeservingly, just so UFC can call someone else a "double-champ".

That's Bullshit.
And you know it.

/rant off.
Note: Sorry if I sem passionate in my response.... but that's because I fucking am! ;)

Last edited:

Just my 2 cents.
So, would I be racist if I called you a dumbass? Just curious. I mean, you identify so clearly as African American, I just don't want to step on any toes y'know?

The proliferation of belts is one of the original tenets Dana and Co have used over the years to proclaim that the UFC was so superior to boxing. WTF?

Now, honestly, I do not care if it's for the linear, or interim, or supercalifragilistic belt with diamonds on top. A good fight (as this one was) is a good fight.

However, If the UFC wants to have interim belts in play, then they MUST have a clear policy in place.

ie) How long inactive prior to an interim?
What does an interim belt mean? Do you get next crack at the legit champ, or is it more like the WWF's intercontinental belt?

The way they are using it is disingenuous, and meaningless. It hasn't been a year yet for Khabib ffs, yet they do this sort of shit as a way of exerting pressure on him to come back on the UFC's timetable.
It is absolute bullshit.

Back