Dana White: 'I am going to unveil the future of fighting'

Nude fighting is coming, you heard it here first. Going back to the true gladiator way.

D14tVFdWsAMqv6V.jpg
lmao wtf movie is this

So, would I be racist if I called you a dumbass? Just curious. I mean, you identify so clearly as African American, I just don't want to step on any toes y'know?

The proliferation of belts is one of the original tenets Dana and Co have used over the years to proclaim that the UFC was so superior to boxing. WTF?

Now, honestly, I do not care if it's for the linear, or interim, or supercalifragilistic belt with diamonds on top. A good fight (as this one was) is a good fight.

However, If the UFC wants to have interim belts in play, then they MUST have a clear policy in place.

ie) How long inactive prior to an interim?
What does an interim belt mean? Do you get next crack at the legit champ, or is it more like the WWF's intercontinental belt?

The way they are using it is disingenuous, and meaningless. It hasn't been a year yet for Khabib ffs, yet they do this sort of shit as a way of exerting pressure on him to come back on the UFC's timetable.
It is absolute bullshit.
I dont even think they do it mainly as a way of exerting pressure. I think their main goal is just to generate more hype for the cards and to do that they need to have title fights. I doubt that most viewers question the validity of these interim championships, they just see "title fight" and the fight is given more hype and importance

I did. and was honestly curious of your take in it.
Got disappointed though.

Interim belt held a value (long time ago).
A top contender would become the interim champ and keep the division going until thew champ was back. Then they would unify the belt... because "there can be only one".

That was true until Carlos Condit got the interim belt and sat for a year waiting for Georges.

Then got it even worse when UFC proved Interim belt is worthless by taking it from Tony and not unifying it with Khabib for pure unadulterated greed. Conor simply made them more money.

And now this. Two interim belts for fighters that will be back soon enough and as such did not warrant anyone at the top.
Adesanya jumps the line because of his style... and Dana likes him.
TJ got a favour from Dana and jumped divisions. Lost in seconds.
Now Cejudo, who got the belt and NEVER DEFENDED against any top contender from his own division already fought TJ, and now is helping UFC kill his own division by moving up.
Why exactly he deserves a title shot at a division he NEVER FOUGHT?
He does not.

Same way Max did not deserve to fight for the LW belt. Heck, even Dustin, who was a LW did not deserve the belt as he was not even at the top spot in the division!!!

So no, I blatantly disagree with you.

The champion belt means you are at the top of your division. You climbed the fucking mountain and reached the mountaintop.
All these fighters from other divisions are getting shortcuts undeservingly, just so UFC can call someone else a "double-champ".

That's Bullshit.
And you know it.

/rant off.
Note: Sorry if I sem passionate in my response.... but that's because I fucking am! ;)

I think your issue is with fighters “jumping the line” not with interim titles, but I see your point.

The catch is that “line” doesn’t actually exist. Ask Souza.

For legitimacy's sake of course I would love for #1 to fight #2 everytime but unfortunately that is not going to happen.

MMA is better off as a result of last Saturday and if it took two shiny pieces of metal to make it happen what is the harm?

So, would I be racist if I called you a dumbass? Just curious. I mean, you identify so clearly as African American, I just don't want to step on any toes y'know?

The proliferation of belts is one of the original tenets Dana and Co have used over the years to proclaim that the UFC was so superior to boxing. WTF?

Now, honestly, I do not care if it's for the linear, or interim, or supercalifragilistic belt with diamonds on top. A good fight (as this one was) is a good fight.

However, If the UFC wants to have interim belts in play, then they MUST have a clear policy in place.

ie) How long inactive prior to an interim?
What does an interim belt mean? Do you get next crack at the legit champ, or is it more like the WWF's intercontinental belt?

The way they are using it is disingenuous, and meaningless. It hasn't been a year yet for Khabib ffs, yet they do this sort of shit as a way of exerting pressure on him to come back on the UFC's timetable.
It is absolute bullshit.

No, it would not be racist to call me a dumbass, thank you for asking, that’s why I’m here.

We also use the term Black now, try it out.

I absolutly agree, it would benifit not just interim title holders but perennial contenders to have some clear cut policy in place.

I enjoyed last Saturday, and if you did too maybe shut the fuck up and stop complaning.

I’m hoping they will finally start a team division...

fctMXHo.gif

Isnt this what he said when we got Reebok fight kits?

Behold the future of fighting...

HollowUncommonAldabratortoise-size_restricted.gif

That’s right, motherfuckers! Man vs bear! Askren wants Khabib? He’ll have to get past Bart for it.

He's going to unveil the "new" glove with downturned fingers... revolutionary shit. lol

Dana and co. are finalizing the purchase of Bellator and One championship as we speak. KSW and World Series of Fighting and PFL are next to be bought out.

It's just an international farm system... probably how some top soccer teams have academies.

This will be about ZUFFA boxing and a major let down..

Back