• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dana White Hints That Carla's Not Getting A Title Shot

Kyojiro Kagenuma

Gold Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Says you can't wait around for title shots in the same breath of praising Colby who has sat out for the last year.

Not a Carla fan but she beat Rose last time and absolutely mauled a SW on a 6 fight win streak in her last outing. She definitely deserves it. Not like SW has a huge line of exciting contenders.

https://www.mmafighting.com/2021/11...next-shot-at-rose-namajunas-we-have-an-option

Dana seems to have absolutely no interest in giving Carla a shot at this time. He didn't say it definitively, but with language like that you gotta think it implies no. I don't know what his problem is, in my opinion Carla is the only clear choice.
She should be fighting for the title but her boring style and lack of charisma could do her in. Maybe they should give it to Marina. She's kind of like Leon Edwards

The ufc is in the entertainment business 100% and the sport legitimacy business 80%. Not really a huge surprise. People with charisma have a way easier path to the belt than those strictly going off talent.

She should be fighting for the title but her boring style and lack of charisma could do her in. Maybe they should give it to Marina. She's kind of like Leon Edwards
I guess. She’s on a 3 fight streak, but her last loss was to Esparza. It seems pretty clear that Esparza deserves the shot. I get that she’s boring AF, but that’s how it goes.

Aside from the fact that Esparza probably does deserve a shot....... I'd be FAR more interested in Marina Rodríguez being given a shot.

maybe rodriguez or her vs esparza winner? kinda silly, but hey, is it that crazy?

The ufc is in the entertainment business 100% and the sport legitimacy business 80%. Not really a huge surprise. People with charisma have a way easier path to the belt than those strictly going off talent.
A PR agency should hire acting coaches and begin training athletes how to trash talk, create the right kind of controversies, and in general present themselves as weird, edgy, or crazy.

Not clear on the rankings but I imagine he wants to find some ridiculous way to shoehorn Dern into a title shot

Sucks for Carla if her fight with Yan Xiaonan went the other way Yan would have been fighting for the title

Back