• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Dana White Hints That Carla's Not Getting A Title Shot

If Xan beat Carla she could've sat out for 10 years to get the title shot.
We literally had Colby on this card fighting for the belt when he hadn't fought in 14 months but that was apparently just fine
Their previous fight was actually great...

Rose has been bulking up. Rose weighed 128.2 lbs in her fight-night weight check last Saturday (Weili, 124.8 lbs). Valentina doesn't cut much weight to fight at 125. Both Rose and Valentina are most likely walking around at a very similar weight (132-135) these days. It could be done in the sense that Rose wouldn't be undersized, but I don't think they're interested in fighting each other.

View attachment 889802
Link? Sounds like a lot considering i have always seen Rose as a small SW, Valentina used to fight 135ers, most likely around 140 on FN, Rose has no chance there, also they seem to be friends.

Link? Sounds like a lot considering i have always seen Rose as a small SW, Valentina used to fight 135ers, most likely around 140 on FN, Rose has no chance there, also they seem to be friends.
Valentina has said herself she didn't cut any weight to fight at 135. She wasn't 140 back then, let alone now.

Rose has never been a small strawweight. She was always one of the tallest and she's been bulking up quite a bit lately, making her one of the biggest.

Rose 128.2.jpg

Tecia walks around at 119-120 lbs. Look at Rose next to her.

Tecia Rose.jpg

I didn't say that Rose and Valentina want to fight each other nor that Rose would win. I said Rose wouldn't be undersized. They're the same height and walk around at very similar weight these days.

Last edited:
What are you having trouble understanding?

Carla is not getting a title shot

She has fought one time in the past sixteen months. While Marina Rodriguez has fought three times and acted as the replacement for fights Carla has pulled out of on short notice.

Marina is next in line for a title shot and Carla should take a fight before another one of these new contenders like Ribas, Dern, Lemos who she has avoided like the plague surpass her in the queue for a title shot.
Marina has said herself that Carla should be next.

What are you having trouble understanding?

Carla is not getting a title shot

She has fought one time in the past sixteen months. While Marina Rodriguez has fought three times and acted as the replacement for fights Carla has pulled out of on short notice.

Marina is next in line for a title shot and Carla should take a fight before another one of these new contenders like Ribas, Dern, Lemos who she has avoided like the plague surpass her in the queue for a title shot.
Still not making sense Chief lol

Valentina has said herself she didn't cut any weight to fight at 135. She wasn't 140 back then, let alone now.

Rose has never been a small strawweight. She was always one of the tallest and she's been bulking up quite a bit lately, making her one of the biggest.

View attachment 889954

Tecia walks around at 119-120 lbs. Look at Rose next to her.

View attachment 889955

I didn't say that Rose and Valentina want to fight each other nor that Rose would win. I said Rose wouldn't be undersized. They're the same height and walk around at very similar weight these days.
She is tall, is she bigger than Andrade? not at all, but she is taller, she is a skinny SW, saying they walk at similar weight sounds like saying Valentina could drop to 115...the old "i didnt cut weight to make X division" is false narrative, she didnt just woke up 135lbs every day, but she was clearly undersized there, not at all at 125lbs, could Rose bulk up to Valentina levels? sure, but its still not "natural" if there is such thing in MMA, Holloway probably as tall as some MW's, he could never fight there.

She is tall, is she bigger than Andrade? not at all, but she is taller, she is a skinny SW, saying they walk at similar weight sounds like saying Valentina could drop to 115...the old "i didnt cut weight to make X division" is false narrative, she didnt just woke up 135lbs every day, but she was clearly undersized there, not at all at 125lbs, could Rose bulk up to Valentina levels? sure, but its still not "natural" if there is such thing in MMA, Holloway probably as tall as some MW's, he could never fight there.
Valentina has said several times that she could make 115, but she doesn't want to be on a diet.

I guess you remember Rose from TUF and missed the last few years.

Rose 1.jpg

Rose 2.jpg

I think Dana will go with Rose/Andrade 3 next

He'll change his tune once he starts receiving my death threats

<{danawhoah}><BlackPinkStab>

^ This very small man is way too invested in Carla and her career.

When Carla hits free agency I am going to LOL at this freaks meltdown.

Maybe she can go capture that Invicta gold.

A PR agency should hire acting coaches and begin training athletes how to trash talk, create the right kind of controversies, and in general present themselves as weird, edgy, or crazy.

If I were managing a fighter, I would probably do what you are suggesting.

Back