Dana white has apparently been kyboshing walkout songs for a while.

Its happened to Mickey Gall, Anderson Silva wasn't allowed to change walkout tracks, Matt Brown was told he couldn't have some metal as his walkout music at first but I think Dana gave in eventually.

Animated version of Rose involuntarily Breakdancing to AC/DC :

He wouldn't let Thales Leites walk out to Bob Marley because it wouldn't get the crowd "pumped". I think he eventually got it cleared.

Dana prefers that garbage speed mental shit or Eminem.

Independent contractors my ass. Controlling the walk out song the he current champ. WTF is that shit?

EDIT: ok after a bit of research, I might have to give Dana a pass on this one.
https://www.mmamania.com/2019/5/12/...y-dana-whites-walkout-music-choice-at-ufc-237
Just to make it 100 percent clear that Namajunas wasn’t blaming White for anything, her manager Brian Butler from Suckerpunch Entertainment added a bit of extra context to the post.

”So there were technical difficulties for Rose Namajunas’ walk out songs her past 2 fights so when the UFC asked what she wanted this time she said she didn’t care and to have Dana White pick the song...” Butler wrote. “Well played Thug Rose! She is in good spirits.
Well done. It's nice to see other users who actually look into things deeper than just a headline and the opinions of uninformed.

Matt Hughes had the best walk out song."country boy can survive" it will never be topped

Not surprising, it's the UFC's show, so they would of course have complete comtrol over what songs fighters can and cannot use on their PPV or events. Not saying some of his choices and desicions aren't stupid, just that I know why they do it sometimes.

IIRC when Spider came back against Diaz he wanted to choose some Brasilian song to walkout to then DW was like nah, DMX tho.

What an idiotic thing to have control over. I get changing the songs when you are showing reruns but when they are walking out live, just let them pick whatever song they wish.

conor's next opponent should come out to Nirvana's Rape Me (if he ever fights again) and walk out with a bunch of ladies with mouths taped shut and #metoo signs.

Well done. It's nice to see other users who actually look into things deeper than just a headline and the opinions of uninformed.
Yea, Dana even replied on that instagram post. Everything seems chill. Dana still has control issues, but this isn't one of those incidents.

Apparently some guy who got Rory's old phone number was picking his walkout music for quite awhile:
(Timestamped)

Imagine psyching yourself up before the greatest fight of your life, only to hear Dana play this instead of your walkout song:

That's why I retired before my first fight...Dana wouldn't let me come out to Bob Digi's Domestic Violence:

You aint chit, youre daddy aint chit

Your brother aint chit, your money aint chit

Your lab aint chit, your rings aint chit

Your gear aint chit, your jewels aint chit

Your kicks aint chit, bitch, your whips aint chit

Bobby, you aint chit, bitch Im the chit

If Dana didnt let me walkout to nutshell by Alice in chains I'd smack his bald coconut head

If Dana picked everyone's music it would all be Rage Against the Machine and Snoop

119x8w1.gif

Back