Dana white has apparently been kyboshing walkout songs for a while.

Thug Rose truly Thunderstruck... :

RoseSlam3.jpg

Last edited:
So it's Dana who's obsessed with Red Hot Chilli Peppers and Eminem

Kinda old news but still incredibly lame. It's bad enough they forced the Reebok gear on everyone, at least let the fighters pick their own song.

Also see Tim the barbarian wanting to come out to the conan theme and denied. Super lame as that them music is crazy and recognizable

dana white only loves 2001 nu metal, therefore he has the best taste in music

Fuck that fucking asshole.

Walkout songs are like the coolest/most personal shit for a fighter.

Shiiiiieeeett, I already have my walkout song planned in my head in case I ever became of fighter, fuck if I will let the bald headed son of bitch change it.

I would assume it has to do with copyright infringement.

No. That doesn’t apply for live events. Just in replays they have to play some generic shit they have the rights to instead of whatever walk out song was really used.

Dana probably thought whatever Rose wanted to come out to was too ironic and lacked energy. I remember her saying she wanted to come out to some Michael MacDonald shit one time.

This is old news. Remember when Dana wouldn't let that dude come out to Thunderhorse and the fighter called him out on it in the post fight interview? That was bad ass.

From 2009:
http://allelbows.com/2009/03/riding-in-on-my-thunderhorse/

In short, Dana White is a cunt.

<31>
He wouldn't let Thales Leites walk out to Bob Marley because it wouldn't get the crowd "pumped". I think he eventually got it cleared.

Dana prefers that garbage speed mental shit or Eminem.

Independent contractors my ass. Controlling the walk out song the he current champ. WTF is that shit?

EDIT: ok after a bit of research, I might have to give Dana a pass on this one.
https://www.mmamania.com/2019/5/12/...y-dana-whites-walkout-music-choice-at-ufc-237
Just to make it 100 percent clear that Namajunas wasn’t blaming White for anything, her manager Brian Butler from Suckerpunch Entertainment added a bit of extra context to the post.

”So there were technical difficulties for Rose Namajunas’ walk out songs her past 2 fights so when the UFC asked what she wanted this time she said she didn’t care and to have Dana White pick the song...” Butler wrote. “Well played Thug Rose! She is in good spirits.

Such a small thing for Dana to get bothered over, but the guy has major issues - so it’s not terribly surprising.

Also, I always enjoy “fighters” like Rose saying they won’t ever do this or that. Yeah, you will.

It’s an important part of the mental game. Ever play video games listening to music? It actually changed your play. Fps with slayer makes me play better.

Back