Dana White: GSP is looking for one off big money fights, but we’re not interested in that

Dana's now trying to lower the interest in GSP, work public opinion against him, so that he lowers the price tag and makes GSP feel "I want to prove him wrong".

GSP ain't about to play baldy's games.

So? He also turned down the Nate Diaz fight. Was he afraid of Nate too?

The truth is GSP doesn't give a shit about Silva. A win over him in 2018 would do absolutely nothing for him.

It would do nothing for the majority of fans, too.

Conor is a clown, but he's our clown. He makes MMA so much fun. Just look at the buildup of his fight against Khabib. Sherdog hasn't been this lively since the last Jones/Cormier fight.

#keepthefaith
#GOATwagon
#heretotakeover

This is what I don't understand about this forum.

I hate what Conor has done to his divisions, but he's incredibly exciting and builds stuff up in a way that nobody else can.

You can be a hater (I hate that word) and appreviative of him at the same time.

Nothing sticks when you are covered in Vaseline

tenor.gif

“He was the 170-pound champion, he moved up to 185 pounds to take on Michael Bisping and put in his agreement that he would absolutely defend the title at 185 and then just dumped the title,” he explained. “I’m not interested.”

“Georges St-Pierre is looking for one off fights where he can make a lot of money, which it’s smart, that’s what he should do but we’re not interested in that.”

Full Article : https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/...ing-back-at-170-not-155-money-fights-mma-news

=====

Seems like the Baldfather isn't too happy with GSP's cherrypicking, as well as ducking of legit competition.
This is what annoys me about Dana White, GSP put his work in, he is a champion times ten, he is looking to cash out let him he bus this ass for your company and brought a lot of money

you give Conor gimme fights and he hasnt done half of what GSP did and you give Ronda what she wants.

Why not give GSP two gimme paydays? and let him ride off.

what harm does it do nothing, a lot of fighters get injured last minute and cost ufc more money than GSP wanting a money fight.

Some of you sure don't seem interested in watching elite vs. elite and would rather see "champ" (legit or not) vs. some other guy.

If I wanted to watch stuff lined up single file moving down in an orderly fashion, I'd watch a How It's Made segment on some chocolate factory assembly line, not MMA.

Ronda was given title shot after her prior match resulted in her being outclassed and KTFO'd.

GSP ain't about to waste the few fights he has left to climb the WW ladder hoping for shitle tot there.
that's not the ufc's problem tho

Silva couldn't even get passed Bisping. Lol at GSP being afraid of him.

The reality is beating Silva would be meaningless at this point.
This.

And look for recent photos of Silva. Dude is legit LHW at this point and probably walking around at220 lbs. And GSP has to eat 10x a day to even walk around at 185. Wouldn't be a fair fight. Silva is much bigger. I totally see why he turned down the fight earlier in his career

Good. He already made a mockery of MW when he took the easiest fight ever then developed piles to avoid legit MWs. Now he wants to continue his cherry picking and fight manlets. Fight Woodley or Whitaker.
He never had any interest in fighting any MW not named Bisping, the only reason he came back was because he couldn’t pass up an extremely easy opportunity to win another title

Dana just said he's not interested GSP fighting for the title and would like him to fight at 170. He stated he didn't want GSP to fight for a title. He can still have 1 off money fights, just not for title contention. You didn't provide the complete context TS.

That superfight is supposed to be against Silva this December, but GSP is scared shitless from even a deflated, off-steroids Silva. He knows Silva has that killer instinct, and that his killswitch might be activated anytime during their fight.

GSP would rather fight grinders with no real bite behind them, and outgrind them. Hence why he was so hellbent on fighting Bisping.
Nobody gives a fck about Anderson Silva anymore tbh

That's not a big match. Khabib/GSP would sell better if he were to beat Conor.

I must say that I really appreciate and hespect Dayna’s willingness to defend and maintain the integrity and legitimacy of the ufc.

He isnt wowed or incentivized by money—he is purely driven by merit.

The world needs more Dayna.

This.

And look for recent photos of Silva. Dude is legit LHW at this point and probably walking around at220 lbs. And GSP has to eat 10x a day to even walk around at 185. Wouldn't be a fair fight. Silva is much bigger. I totally see why he turned down the fight earlier in his career
They are basically 2 weight classes apart.

Silva fits right in at LHW while GSP can barely hang at MW. He gets outsized by everyone. Imagine him against Weidman, Rockhold etc..

All this "he was ducking Silva" is ridiculous. First, you can't duck someone who competes in a higher weight class.

Wait until cash cow Conor get smashed... Dana will reconsider.

Beating Silva meant something when Weidman did it, not quite the same in 2018, even if it's GSP who beats him. He's over 40 and has had other losses plus 2 steroid scandals.

Well, let him go fight in Bellator then.

He spent his career defending against #1 contenders, fight after fight he faced a murderers row. Getting consistently high PPV buys. Making Dana millions. He was the UFC’s most reliable draw before McGregor.

Past his prime and injured to shit, he had a major ACL surgery. He came back to defend his belt 3 more times anyway.

While doing that he helped clean up the sport by taking a stand against steroids. He is literally the reason we have USADA in the sport.

He also came back after more major knee surgery to win the middleweight belt and got ulcerative colitis for the effort.

Hope GSP goes and fights elsewhere and just accepts whatever lawsuit they bring. Get some publicity for Bellator MMA. Fuck Dana.

HappygoluckyUnlinedCranefly-size_restricted.gif

It's okay bro I was just wondering out loud, because I always remembered you as a Conor fan.

It's fine though, you should embrace the negativity.

Negativity is a blight on humanity, it literally causes prostate cancer.

Fuck negativity. Fuck it right in the prostate.

Back