Dana White: GSP is looking for one off big money fights, but we’re not interested in that

Let's all be real here guys.....We are looking at this the wrong way, of course Dana white hates GSP and doesn't want him to have this fight. But that doesn't mean it won't happen! You think Connor Mcgregor doesn't want that fight? You think if mcgregor beats khabib, he won't want that? You think Dana white can tell Mcgregor no? LOL

Boxing 101, do not give the fans the fights they want to see.

So basically, he's saying GSP will fight the winner of Khabib vs. Conor.

Dana says some of the most illogical things sometimes lol...there’s too many examples of money fights to list lol

I like GSP but how could you not see Dana's side? GSP took the easier fight against Bisping and then vacated the title making a mess out of MW. Why on earth should Dana give GSP the winner of McGregor vs Khabib? Does anyone expect that GSP will defend his title? I would let GSP fight someone like Ferguson to win his way to a title shot but I wouldn't let him cherry pick fights that can ruin the division since it's very likely he won't remain at that weight or might retire.

One of the reasons I hate Dana White, so many crazy fights never done because he never pays for them. And he always tries to low ball his own talent, unless its Conor.

Can´t wait for his retirement

I like GSP but how could you not see Dana's side? GSP took the easier fight against Bisping and then vacated the title making a mess out of MW. Why on earth should Dana give GSP the winner of McGregor vs Khabib? Does anyone expect that GSP will defend his title? I would let GSP fight someone like Ferguson to win his way to a title shot but I wouldn't let him cherry pick fights that can ruin the division since it's very likely he won't remain at that weight or might retire.

The guy sells, freak fights sell even more. He never did any of those for his stars and always found a way to bash them for wanting super fights. Terrible way to run his fighters, he should be hyping them and not bashing.

How is it dumb

If the point is you cant duck someone from a higher weightclass, why does GSP get a pass but everyone shits on Ronda and Mighty Mouse?
Please indulge us when GSP flat our refused and didn't fight someone at 170?

MM wouldn't fight TJ at 125.... He wasn't asked to move up.

Apples to oranges.

Its good they aren't just going to give GSP a LW title shot. He doesn't deserve it and there are already plenty of contenders at LW. Plus given what he did with the MW title, why risk GSP doing the same with the LW title? It would make no sense to do it other than for the sake of money. But lets not kid ourselves here, Dana does shit only for the sake of money all the damn time. He doesn't give a shit about any of the reasons I just gave why it shouldn't happen, cause Dana has done other fights in the past (and future) that flies in the face of all that shit too.

For some reason Dana always seems to have a chip on his shoulder when it comes to GSP, must have been something said between them behind closed doors. At any rate, I agree with decision not to give GSP the fight, but lets not kid ourselves that it's down to anything other than Dana's feelings being hurt and he wouldn't pull a total 180 on the whole thing tomorrow if somebody stroked his ego just right. I wish we could rely on reasoned, thoughtful match making from UFC leadership, but we just can't. One off money fights are all the UFC seems interested in these days, total bullshit to claim otherwise.

WjSJffE.jpg

SEQieN6.jpg
Perhaps the new post of the year lol

The irony of a conor fan in TS complaining about someone cherry picking, ducking. Conor fans are so devoid of any sense of reality.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back