Dana White: GSP is looking for one off big money fights, but we’re not interested in that

GSP cashed in all his good will for the Bisping fight. It was a good fight but now his reputation is just as much “duck duck” as it is “champ champ”

Last edited:
“I don’t know if he’ll ever fight again.” - Dana White
giphy.gif

I've noticed you being very negative lately.

You're shitting on Conor a lot more than I remember you used to, and now you're shitting on GSP.

WTF happened mang? You had one of these British territories accent and I for sure had you pegged as a Conor fan.

I'm drunk at the minute. I'm not a GSP fan. Never have been. He's fucking incredible but I always root against him. I'm on the fence with Conor. He's a clown but I don't hate him. When I talk negatively about him on sherdog I'm usually joking. I will try and be more positive though. It's a nicer way to be. All these guys are studs and it's why we post. Sometimes the bitterness is deep in my bum soul though. It hurts to let it out.

So st pierre did the same thing at mw which mcgregor did at lw, except he quickly vacated his title when he decided he wouldn’t be defending it in a timely manner; unlike conner, who instead took the belt hostage (along with the fw belt) for over a year. Now, nearly two years later, mcgregor comes back to an immediate title shot.

Great job, dana. In case anyone was doubting what a huge piece of shit the guy is, he aptly demonstrates it once more.

Good. He doesn't need GSP fucking up anymore divisions and dropping belts. At this point a consistent champ is better than a guy coming in once a year for a one off to take a belt, then drop it again.

It's understandable dana is mad, and GSP isn't Conor money either. They have Brock for now, Conor is back again, Dillashaw might surprisingly turn out to be a decent draw.. There's other options now.

GSP came in at the right time when the UFC needed him to draw a big ppv last year, then didn't even live up to his end of the bargain to unify the belt with Whittaker. If he isn't consistently fighting why risk fucking up divisions for one offs? Ufc has to move on and find other stars at some point.

I'm still convinced Dana thought Bisping was going to beat GSP, his big weakness has always been that he buys into his own hype around "his boys".

GSP is/was definitely one of 'his boys', it's just that when he fought Bisping Dana was lucky enough to have 2 boys fighting each other in a win-win scenario.

Well, let him go fight in Bellator then.

He spent his career defending against #1 contenders, fight after fight he faced a murderers row. Getting consistently high PPV buys. Making Dana millions. He was the UFC’s most reliable draw before McGregor.

Past his prime and injured to shit, he had a major ACL surgery. He came back to defend his belt 3 more times anyway.

While doing that he helped clean up the sport by taking a stand against steroids. He is literally the reason we have USADA in the sport.

He also came back after more major knee surgery to win the middleweight belt and got ulcerative colitis for the effort.

Hope GSP goes and fights elsewhere and just accepts whatever lawsuit they bring. Get some publicity for Bellator MMA. Fuck Dana.

I'm drunk at the minute. I'm not a GSP fan. Never have been. He's fucking incredible but I always root against him. I'm on the fence with Conor. He's a clown but I don't hate him. When I talk negatively about him on sherdog I'm usually joking. I will try and be more positive though. It's a nicer way to be. All these guys are studs and it's why we post. Sometimes the bitterness is deep in my bum soul though. It hurts to let it out.
It's okay bro I was just wondering out loud, because I always remembered you as a Conor fan.

It's fine though, you should embrace the negativity.

Conor is a clown, but he's our clown. He makes MMA so much fun. Just look at the buildup of his fight against Khabib. Sherdog hasn't been this lively since the last Jones/Cormier fight.

#keepthefaith
#GOATwagon
#heretotakeover

That superfight is supposed to be against Silva this December, but GSP is scared shitless from even a deflated, off-steroids Silva. He knows Silva has that killer instinct, and that his killswitch might be activated anytime during their fight.

GSP would rather fight grinders with no real bite behind them, and outgrind them. Hence why he was so hellbent on fighting Bisping.
Silva couldn't even get passed Bisping. Lol at GSP being afraid of him.

The reality is beating Silva would be meaningless at this point.

Dana also said GSP-Bisping wasn't happening. He's full of shit and as soon as he sees the $$ of GSP-Conor the fight will be booked.

I'd like to see him fight Ben Askren. Safe fight for GSP because Askren has pillow hands no need to be scared of head trauma. Will be a great grappling fight. Push for it GSP

GSP is a goddamn legend and Dana White should show some respect.

I don't get GSP- why sign a 3 year deal (or whatever years it was) if you don't wanna have a decent run. He should have told Dana from the start he don't want another lengthy run, just money fights. Don't blame Dana for now not playin ball.

He was offered to fight Silva on the upcoming Toronto card, and he turned it down.
So? He also turned down the Nate Diaz fight. Was he afraid of Nate too?

The truth is GSP doesn't give a shit about Silva. A win over him in 2018 would do absolutely nothing for him.

GSP cashed in all his good will for the Bisping fight. It was a good fight but now his reputation is just as much “duck” as it is “champ champ”

That superfight is supposed to be against Silva this December, but GSP is scared shitless from even a deflated, off-steroids Silva. He knows Silva has that killer instinct, and that his killswitch might be activated anytime during their fight.

GSP would rather fight grinders with no real bite behind them, and outgrind them. Hence why he was so hellbent on fighting Bisping.

GSP ducked USADA, and now is ducking any real MW or WW in their prime.

gdOt8iy.gif

Back