• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White: Georges St-Pierre's next opponent will be Nick Diaz

I'd rather see GSP/Diaz so I'm cool with it

ScottTenormanMustDie30.gif

This picture sums it up perfectly lol

I see this like it can be in boxing. Georges fights the No.1 contender (mandatory), the majority of the time, but this time he's asking for a voluntary defense of his title.

They (UFC) know with Georges name they'll make a shitload of money anyway, but with Diaz's name attatched to it the UFC can market whats happened in the last 18months or so ,between them (and Condit in a sense) there is more of a back story and since people would know more from the marketing of the fight (Countdown more than likely with Diaz, the Hendricks fight would just get a countdown i think) it will sell more instead of a Hendricks fight.

Plus i think Georges wants to end this business with Diaz as soon as he can.

I think if it does happen, it'll be announced say next month and will happen end of March/early April in Canada.

inb4 Diaz misses yet another "beauty pageant"

That was stupid. We watch sports because we're entertained by the competition, and Diaz hasn't earned shit. He was overrated to begin with, lost his last fight, got suspended, and hasn't done anything to put his name back into title contention. Nothing at all. But because he's popular with the teenagers who think weed and trash talk make you tough, the fight will happen. Once GSP is done completely tooling Diaz, the whole thing will be a joke.
Yep. It's not quite as bad as Sonnen vs Jones IMO, but that doesn't change the fact that Hendricks is getting screwed over.

Yep. It's not quite as bad as Sonnen vs Jones IMO, but that doesn't change the fact that Hendricks is getting screwed over.

JDS didn't complain about having to defeat basically every HW on the roster before getting his shot. In JDS' place Hendricks would have saying he cleaned out the division after fighting Cro-cop.

You can make a case for JDS deserving a title shot earlier than the got one (although I'm not sure if I'd agree to as early as after Cro cop), but again this doesn't change the fact that Hendricks is getting screwed here. (And I'm not even that much of a fan of Hendricks.) I mean, he won a fight billed as a No.1 contender bout.

This is the best news in a long time. I am fucking pumped for this! When should it go down? Spring or summer?

Yay, i'd much prefer Diaz v Gsp than Hendrix. No doubt Hendrix deserves it but so did Fitch at some point, $ talks and GSP is calling out Diaz.

Back