• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Dana White: Georges St-Pierre's next opponent will be Nick Diaz

Henderson lost to Rampage then got a title shot with Anderson.
Differant weight class but still...

That's because they were trying to unite the belts of UFC and Pride and not have anyone question who the true champ was. Hendo was both the 205 and 185 champ of Pride so they gave him title shots in both divisions.

Henderson lost to Rampage then got a title shot with Anderson.
Differant weight class but still...

it's unprecedented because of the direction of the move.

hendo - anderson and edgar - aldo were / are guys moving down a weight class after losing a title fight, sonnen is moving UP - and hasn't beat any LHWs of any kind yet. it's a huge difference.

Georges is going to beat Diaz up, and I'm going to love it!! Fuck Nick Diaz, and fuck Cesar Gracie academy!

Georges is going to beat Diaz up, and I'm going to love it!! Fuck Nick Diaz, and fuck Cesar Gracie academy!

m56012_Oh_he_mad.jpg

Diaz will find some way to screw this up (again!) and Hendricks will step in and get the shot he deserves.

cool, we'll get another round of nick whining and bitch about losing

what was it like 2 or 3 years ago max... gsp had no contenders and was looking at
re-matches... now he has hendricks waiting... an overdue diaz fight... a potential
silva match up that probably wont happen... again

If gsp fights hendricks... he's ducking silva and diaz... if he fights diaz... hes ducking
silva and hendricks... if he fights silva... hes ducking diaz and hendricks.

Is hendricks the most deserving on paper... yes
Is diaz the easiest fight on paper for gsp... yes
Is diaz and easy fight for gsp... no, no more so the condit was an easy fight
Can hendricks knock gsp out... yes... but a 12 second fitch fight and a 46 kampmann
fight do not mean its a guaranteed knock out for hendricks... his split-dec of koschek
could have gone either way.

Diaz is the more intriguing fight... hendricks knock out power is not enough to
threaten gsp.

I thought silva was going to take a year off as well for a movie.

Oh yes Diaz haters, they are so delicious!!
tumblr_meet5uuuuJ1r0le8go1_400.jpg

Oh yes Diaz haters, they are so delicious!!
tumblr_meet5uuuuJ1r0le8go1_400.jpg

i'm no diaz hater, infact i really wanted to see diaz/GSP when diaz first entered the UFC, but no way he deserves the shot coming off a loss. hendricks is coming off of THREE top 5 wins, two of those being brutal 1st round KO's. hendricks is really getting the shaft here.

If Diaz accepts I will be a happy man. Diaz actually has a much better chance than Hendricks. Diaz has the sub threat off his back, and more equipped standup to beat george. Make it happen Dana

Doubt it... Condit is just a much a threat in the sub game as Diaz... GSP by 50-45 and makes it look easy all day

Diaz doesn't deserve it, Hendricks does. But I'm not complaining, i've been waiting a while to see them fight.

I'm totally down with this fight. It's about the most exciting one that could be made for GSP.

the UFC is getting a fucking joke.... HOW THE FUCK does a guy who just lost gets a title shot in the most stacked division?????
Dana_white.jpg

+
bag_of_money.png

unfortunate but thats the way it is. mma has come a long way but it still has a ways to go

Thank God. I get exactly what I wanted, it's justified, and we move on...

Diaz vs GSP finally.

Diaz vs GSP was suppose to happen, and I've been waiting for it to happen for sometime. Diaz has accomplished enough in his career, and matches up with GSP well enough for me to look aside the face Hendricks is the legitimate challenger to the title. Diaz is a more dangerous match up than Hendricks and far more interesting.

I can't fucking wait.

This is such bull. The UFC has become a joke. What's with all of these undeserved title shots? I could have understood it years ago (with guys like Randy and BJ) when the organization wasn't as stacked. But now?

Don't even started on Brock...

Belfort didn't deserve a shot at Anderson. He had never even won a fight in the UFC at middleweight

Machida didn't deserve another shot at Jones just for beating Bader -- who was his only relevant victory since Rashad! Plus, Bader isn't even that relevant.

Sonnen definitely doesn't deserve a shot at Jones. That fight is just plain retarded. He's coming off of a loss and never won a fight in the UFC's lhw division.

Cain doesn't deserve another shot at JDS after only a one fight win streak and getting ko'd in under a minute the last time they met.

Now Diaz? Who has he beat to warrant a title shot? He just lost to Condit and got suspended! The UFC is going to reward him for that with an immediate title shot? Yea he beat BJ convincingly but BJ is much smaller and doesn't seem to care nowadays. Besides them who else is there? KJ Noons? Cyborg? Zaromskis? Give me a break. The guy should have lost to Mike Aina! Nick plays right into the strengths of GSP and that's why GSP wants to fight him. He knows he is going to win. Nick is slow and has awful tdd. GSP is going to take him down every round and control him. Nick isn't going to submit him. Who has Nick ever submitted? A gassed out Cyborg? GSP has one of the best sub defense in the UFC.

Hendricks deserves the fight and it would be a much more intriguing match-up.

Once again, this sums up my feelings. Diaz should fight someone else, and if he wins, then get the shot. Does Hendrx not have the obvious #1 spot? Dana's a fucking asshole and is just trying to get PPV and the "entertainment" factor. Bullshit!!!

Disgusting how people in this thread are mocking a guy who was robbed of a legitimate shot that he earned. POS Pierre fans will rationalize any of his cowardly moves. UFC fails the test as a true sport and it's time for you fools to admit it. It's a circus with a moron for the ringmaster. Attitude reflects leadership. That's why most MMA fans are knuckle dragging jackasses.

Personally i would love to see Diaz vs Hendrix and then GSP VS ANDERSON. But that would obviously be too much to ask.

Nick will finally be able to smoke pot legally getting medicinal marijuana for the painful beating he will take from GSP.

Back