Dana White criticizes Sean Shelby for not stopping Jeremy Stephens from shoving Drakkar Klose

Sherdoggers calling for Stephens to be charged with assault and instead uncle Dana compliments him lol.
Lol at assault. Klose tried to play anderson silva and now looks like a pussy.

Hindsight is 20/20, but I’m not sure Dana could have prevented that. Pretty shitty of him to throw Shelby under the bus too.

Klose had his hands behind his back.
Maybe it should be a rule for all fighters to have their hands behind their back during face offs. Would be much easier to get inbetween them before it esculates.

Reactions: MGS
lol a dude that probably weighs 150lb soaking wet is going to stop that meathead Stephens...sure
that was all Stephens fault, that said im not sure why guys like to run in so close to him

UFC president Dana White thinks matchmaker Sean Shelby should’ve been able to prevent Jeremy Stephens from shoving Drakkar Klose during their UFC on ESPN 22 faceoff.

Last Friday at the weigh-ins, Stephens pushed Klose when they came nose to nose at the weigh-ins. It was a hard shove that whiplashed Klose – with his hands behind his back – across the stage.

According to White, Shelby, who oversaw faceoffs in White’s place, should’ve anticipated what happened.

“He was coming in hot, and it’s Jeremy Stephens. He’s a savage,” White said Monday in an interview with TSN. “I mean, yeah, we’re not standing there to look good and take pictures. We are there to make sure that doesn’t happen.”

As result of the shove, Klose was diagnosed with a concussion and cervical sprain, which forced him to withdraw from their co-headlining matchup on fight day. White was disappointed by the entire situation and placed blame on Shelby.

“Sean Shelby missed that one. Sean Shelby, you know, Sean and I see the thing differently,” White said. “I saw it on social media and called him immediately. I was at my daughter’s … I was in Orlando at the ESPN cheerleading competition. I saw the thing happen on social media and I called Sean and was like, ‘Dude, where was your head on that one?'”

It’s unclear how long Klose will be sidelined, but White said he hopes to rebook the fight as soon as possible.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/04/ufc-dana-white-criticizes-sean-shelby-stephens-shove-klose
What an ass-hat.

Dana would never allow that to happen on his watch...

Barao-Stephens.gif

lagnz.jpg
Lol no wonder they call him the bald goof, look how his extreme reaction and how clumsy he is almost falling over like outta a 80s comedy film. dana white should start doing comedy

Dana is such a nasty mafiaso. Doesn't even care about being fair and just, just liking the kid personally is all it takes for him.

it's so hard to find good help these days.

you fucked up Shelby.

Thanks for posting this. Klose should have been expecting some kind of push or physical altercation getting that close to Stephens.

Drakkar "I can't let you get" Klose didn't move at all, it was Stephens who got in his face.

You guyz member when Diego Shanchez shoved Josh Koscheck, and Diego was the one who slippped/fell down?
That was embarrassing, "let's pretend that never happened" indeed

LOL Uncle Dana must have early onset Alzheimer’s as that exact situation has happened to him on more than one occasion. Here’s to hoping Shelby will man up and call him out on his bs but we know he won’t. Ultimately it was Stephens and Stephens alone who caused this and of course as usual Dana doesn’t hold those who need to held accountable...accountable.

Damn! I’m just now realizing that this fight never occurred. Damn! Would’ve been a banger.

I mean I am personally not a fan of Shelby as a matchmaker, but I don't see how he could have done anything different. It seems like confirmation bias to me haha

Dana White...

lol

"...daughters cheerleading competition on ESPN"

...this man hit the lottery.

untitled.png

Attachments

• untitled.png
    untitled.png
    76.5 KB · Views: 5
yeah, but to be fair, it was barao who was, "coming in hot" not stephens. i guess it caught the boss man off guard.

Barao was also known as a hothead. I don't think Dana or Sean need to be responsible for fighters doing these things. In general, it probably helps sell the fight but this is a rare case where a fight got cancelled due to injury from a weigh in shove

Sure you got to get in there and try and prevent that but it happens. It has happen with Dana. To publicly criticize Shelby is foolish on Dana's part. First it can happen so quick and secondly there is that rule but with what consequences if broken. These face offs always run the risk of getting out of hand if two guys really want to go at each other. If they really don't want it to happen then don't have the faceoff or at least not that close to each other.

Hard to stop a shove mid-push. And they stood there for like 3 seconds before Stephens went for it so it's not like he was "coming in hot" as Dana put it making it sound like Stephens came charging in a blitzed him.

Or Jeremy could actually act professional and wait until the fight.

Back