Dana White criticizes Sean Shelby for not stopping Jeremy Stephens from shoving Drakkar Klose

I blame Drakkar.

Sean obviously played a big role, but mainly Drakkar.

Here folks is all you need to know on Stephens status with the promotion

he ain't going anywhere

Dana would never allow that to happen on his watch...

Barao-Stephens.gif

lagnz.jpg
Dana is wrong most of the time but I think this actually helps his point. Maybe he has informed Shelby and others that this could happen with Stephens.

It’s bs. If Klose never got injured everyone would have been happy.

it would have build used in the pre fight video collage with DC, Dana himself, or someone else screaming about “the bad blood” and “it’s gonna be a banger”

Dave Sholler should've KOd both Jones and Cormier for acting up

I was expecting a termination of the contract to start with, now it is the matchmakers fault this happened.

Dana is right, Shelby should not have let Stephens get anywhere near Klose, especially not nose to nose with his previous track record. Throw the book at Stephens though, fucking idiot.

Stephens has been giving us savage ko’s since like 2007 and you guys want him cut because he shoved another pro fighter who was in his face?

To be fair though, when it's happened in the past with him there, Dana has always blamed himself.

Thanks for posting this. Klose should have been expecting some kind of push or physical altercation getting that close to Stephens.

This.

If the opponent is a known savage and coming in hot, you should take a page from Chael Sonnen's book and you just simply can't let him get close.

UFC president Dana White thinks matchmaker Sean Shelby should’ve been able to prevent Jeremy Stephens from shoving Drakkar Klose during their UFC on ESPN 22 faceoff.

Last Friday at the weigh-ins, Stephens pushed Klose when they came nose to nose at the weigh-ins. It was a hard shove that whiplashed Klose – with his hands behind his back – across the stage.

According to White, Shelby, who oversaw faceoffs in White’s place, should’ve anticipated what happened.

“He was coming in hot, and it’s Jeremy Stephens. He’s a savage,” White said Monday in an interview with TSN. “I mean, yeah, we’re not standing there to look good and take pictures. We are there to make sure that doesn’t happen.”

As result of the shove, Klose was diagnosed with a concussion and cervical sprain, which forced him to withdraw from their co-headlining matchup on fight day. White was disappointed by the entire situation and placed blame on Shelby.

“Sean Shelby missed that one. Sean Shelby, you know, Sean and I see the thing differently,” White said. “I saw it on social media and called him immediately. I was at my daughter’s … I was in Orlando at the ESPN cheerleading competition. I saw the thing happen on social media and I called Sean and was like, ‘Dude, where was your head on that one?'”

It’s unclear how long Klose will be sidelined, but White said he hopes to rebook the fight as soon as possible.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/04/ufc-dana-white-criticizes-sean-shelby-stephens-shove-klose
Dana acting like he's stopped all alterations prior to them happening. What a hypocrite.

This.

If the opponent is a known savage and coming in hot, you should take a page from Chael Sonnen's book and you just simply can't let him get close.
Someone should just sucker punch Stephens at the weigh in and get 0 repercussions for it.

Back