Dana White criticizes Sean Shelby for not stopping Jeremy Stephens from shoving Drakkar Klose

Dana, like his buddy trump, passing the buck and throwing colleague under the bus.

Okay so Jeremy gets off scot free? And it's Shelby's fault? That's fucked up.

UFC president Dana White thinks matchmaker Sean Shelby should’ve been able to prevent Jeremy Stephens from shoving Drakkar Klose during their UFC on ESPN 22 faceoff.

Last Friday at the weigh-ins, Stephens pushed Klose when they came nose to nose at the weigh-ins. It was a hard shove that whiplashed Klose – with his hands behind his back – across the stage.

According to White, Shelby, who oversaw faceoffs in White’s place, should’ve anticipated what happened.

“He was coming in hot, and it’s Jeremy Stephens. He’s a savage,” White said Monday in an interview with TSN. “I mean, yeah, we’re not standing there to look good and take pictures. We are there to make sure that doesn’t happen.”

As result of the shove, Klose was diagnosed with a concussion and cervical sprain, which forced him to withdraw from their co-headlining matchup on fight day. White was disappointed by the entire situation and placed blame on Shelby.

“Sean Shelby missed that one. Sean Shelby, you know, Sean and I see the thing differently,” White said. “I saw it on social media and called him immediately. I was at my daughter’s … I was in Orlando at the ESPN cheerleading competition. I saw the thing happen on social media and I called Sean and was like, ‘Dude, where was your head on that one?'”

It’s unclear how long Klose will be sidelined, but White said he hopes to rebook the fight as soon as possible.

https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2021/04/ufc-dana-white-criticizes-sean-shelby-stephens-shove-klose

This is actually kind of a crazy story, honestly.
Dana selling Sean out is not to be ignored.
Will there be some movement atop the UFC matchmaking ranks? Is Mick Maynard stepping up to take on more responsibility? Because it's very strange to leave Shelby hanging like that.

12-to-6 pushing should be banned.

Sherdogger's are ruining the sport.

<17>

Everyone knows the unspoken reason a fighter faces off and puts their hands behind their back is on some “I dare you to do something but you won’t” shit....

Problem is Stephens would.

And here we are.

Sean Shelby clearly sleeping on the job again. :rolleyes:
1312856802.0.jpg

Shelby ain't trying to get punched in the face. Let him live

“I mean, yeah, we’re not standing there to look good and take pictures. We are there to make sure that doesn’t happen“
Dana just shut the fuck up you subhuman. The lies are unnecessary and insulting

This.

If the opponent is a known savage and coming in hot, you should take a page from Chael Sonnen's book and you just simply can't let him get close.

On phone and lazy

But insert "i understood that reference" here

Ridiculous statement from the figurehead of the sport. Imagine a football or a soccer commisioner saying this?

Jeremy next face off they can cart him up there strapped to a dolly with a face mask like Dr. Hannibal Lecter.

Cuts Palhares for holding subs long. Agreed, Toquino was a liability sent a strong message. Last time Shelby gets todo a face off , Dana sends another message.

Better to throw paper pusher UFC employee under the bus than lay the blame on volatile UFC fighter who might do actual harm to you.

lol a dude that probably weighs 150lb soaking wet is going to stop that meathead Stephens...sure
that was all Stephens fault, that said im not sure why guys like to run in so close to him

How is it all Stepehn's fault though? It was clearly Klose that got in his face. Why should he have tolerated some guy invading his space like that?
And I say that as a Stephen hater.

Back